PDA

View Full Version : Best possible racket in yalls opinion

flash44
01-30-2006, 07:30 PM
i play for my high school and use an apd+ with lead in the handle. i have a pretty powerful serve and play mostly baseline however i want to expand my game and adventure to the net more often. right now the apd+ is ok but i dont like the idea of shelling out $180 for another new one. i recently saw yonex mp tour 5's on sale if u buy 2 or more and thought of getting two of those. any opinions on what other rackets i should consider buying?

DarkSlayerX
01-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I say the pure storm because it has a blend of power and control and also its arm friendly

Marius_Hancu
01-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Clever move on your part ...

Suggest
6.1 95 18x20, or even 6.1 90
Slax X-1
or better for your arm
LM Prestige Mid or MP, or Volkl Gen II

FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

mark1
01-30-2006, 08:01 PM
if you can handle the prince grip shape the O3 tour would be a wonderful frame to choose. Word of advice about the high cost of these new rackets....buy them used! Check either these boards or the auction site to find a good condition frame for like half price. Just the other day i saw an O3 on here for sale for like 100 dollars. You should try something like that out.

Zverev
01-30-2006, 09:05 PM
As I understood he is looking for a spare racquet, and MP Tour 5 and O3 Tour are totally different from his current APD+.
So it would be total waste of money whatever you chose (Tour5 or O3),
unless you wanna get rid of APD+ and switch to any of those above.

If you stay with APD+, save money and buy another APD+, just a couple of weekends in McDonalds -:)

flash44
01-31-2006, 05:17 AM
yeah i was planning on selling the apd+

flash44
01-31-2006, 12:52 PM
slayer, your freaken dumb... ur an idiot, the pure storm is such a terrible racket, also, it is not an arm friendly racket. =)

Safina
01-31-2006, 01:53 PM
flash the name calling is pretty lame, and your labelling of the Storm is just your opinion.
I played a 5.0 guy that used the Storm MP and he got crazy topspin and had a great kickserve. it was a close match, and truthfully he hit more than his fair share of unforced errors too, but the power he generated proved to me, that there is a good reason for skilled players to try more powerful racquets. Previously, I would have considered the Storm MP as only for a woman.. which was my error. A skilled player can adapt his game to any racquet, imo.
i almost switched to a pure drive, because it was amazing how I could punish the ball into the corners and advance to the net for an easy putaway. very offensive, aggressive stick!
i have stuck with using a classic heavy racquet for the added control, but in today's aggressive baseline play, you can really dominate by using some of the newer sticks too.

flash44
01-31-2006, 03:56 PM
i was just messing with slayer, he goes to my school

Serving155
01-31-2006, 05:17 PM
i play for my high school and use an apd+ with lead in the handle. i have a pretty powerful serve and play mostly baseline however i want to expand my game and adventure to the net more often. right now the apd+ is ok but i dont like the idea of shelling out $180 for another new one. i recently saw yonex mp tour 5's on sale if u buy 2 or more and thought of getting two of those. any opinions on what other rackets i should consider buying?

yeah... the "best" racquet...
If u ask me get the wooden racquets used by McEnroe. They should work out fine for u. If not, stop asking stupid questions