PDA

View Full Version : Volkl V1 classsic vrs DNX8

kab
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM
I recently got a V1 classic which the comfort level is the best that
I have tried, It is hard to believe that a racquet that stiff does not jar your teeth out. It serves great and the groundstrokes are good. My only issue
is the power of it seems a bit much at times, How is the the DNX 8
compared to the V1? Thanks for imput.

NoBadMojo
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
DNX8 is more powerful than the V1Classic.

katarddx
01-30-2006, 09:55 PM
whoa!? i never expected that, not according to Volkl site... i was looking forward to trying dnx8 but after NBM's observation i will probably give it a pass...

ChipNCharge
01-31-2006, 06:36 AM

Not according to the USRSA power rating formula. The Classic V1 has a rating of 2224, while the DNX8 has a rating of 2153 (using TW's specs for both).

bamboo
01-31-2006, 07:19 AM
"There are two components to the speed of the ball off the racquet - rebound speed and racquet speed. Racquet speed is the result of the player's abillity to swing the racquet, rebound speed is determined by the racquet's structure - mainly the weight of the racquet and how it is distributed around the frame and in the handle. Rebound power increases with racquet weight, and when the racquet is head-heavy. It increases slightly as stiffness increases. String tension has a small effect, power increasing slightly with looser strings. If you drop a ball from 20 inches onto a stationary racquet, it will rebound to a certain height. The ratio of the rebound height to the drop height is the fraction of energy return. If you take the square root of that fraction, you have the ratio of of rebound speed to impact speed." Technical Tennis, pgs 13-14. Since RSI's formulas not only don't fully take this into account, much less the fact that rebound speed varies across the face of the racquet, this might help to explain an experienced Volkl player's perception differing from their formula.