PDA

View Full Version : The end of the line for Moya?

FalconX
01-30-2006, 07:12 PM
After a terrible last year, he goes out in the first found at the AO. He did reach the final at Chennai but just barely and then was rather easily defeated in the final. Last year without davis cup he had planned to be top contender but failed miserably. Now a disappointing exist at the AO where he first made his name.

Where does Moya go from here?

superman1
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
He's gone. At his age, most players in today's game will decline. There's too much effort being put into every shot, the arms and shoulders eventually give up.

goober
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Washed up. The desire is not there any more.

FalconX
01-30-2006, 07:48 PM
what a shame. He was one of my favourte players to watch. He moved weirdly along the baseline. It was almost as if he was gliding. Beautiful dropshots, good volleys, good serves, huge forehand. He'll be missed.

Andy Hewitt
01-30-2006, 07:55 PM
After a terrible last year, he goes out in the first found at the AO. He did reach the final at Chennai but just barely and then was rather easily defeated in the final. Last year without davis cup he had planned to be top contender but failed miserably. Now a disappointing exist at the AO where he first made his name.

Where does Moya go from here?
LOL! I forgot about that "plan". Oh well, Moya is done like Henman. It's a shame though, I enjoyed both of them. Moya vs Lubicic was the first tennis match I ever saw in full.

arosen
01-31-2006, 12:39 AM
Sadly, put a fork in him. His game is all baseline, all running at the backcourt, so far out that he puts way too much milage on at every match and his body is not going to sustain that kind of effort anymore. Plus, he has burned out mentally. He's as good as gone.

@wright
01-31-2006, 05:30 AM
He's got his slam, time to retire and enjoy the good life. It's beyond me why anyone would have thought Moya could return to the top last year with or without Davis Cup. The guy just is not a fighter, he's okay with losing.

Frodo Baggins
01-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Nooooo Moya (Baby):( Please Hang in there..You Can't go Down like Your Pal Guga!!!!PLEASE Hang In There. I want You, I need you, I Gotta Have You.. So if Your Reading This >Please Don't Give up Hang in There..Till I'm There Then I'll help you!!!;)

Babblelot
01-31-2006, 08:23 AM
That would have been a good question 12 months ago. Now, the writing is on the wall--adios.

babbette
02-01-2006, 12:46 PM
He needs to take what agassi is taking, so does Henman!!

GRANITECHIEF
02-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Henman must be taking something cuz he is winning a few matches.