PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Muscle Weave 200G

thejuice
01-30-2006, 07:51 PM
I would like to know what DON'T you guys like about the 200G Muscle Weave racquets. I just got a great deal on a couple of them and I want to know what to look for. I've seen a lot of the praises that have been given to these sticks thanks to searching the forum so I just want some counter-arguments. Now this doesn't mean that I'm not open to any positive comments. If you have any then please share.

BreakPoint
01-30-2006, 08:04 PM
I switched from the MW 200G 95 to the PS 6.0 95 because the PS 6.0 95 just felt more crisp and easier to generate spin with. I also like the feel of the PS 6.0 95 more than the MW 200G 95 and it's more maneuverable so easier to hit volleys with. That's about all the negatives that I have. It's still a great racquet (I owned two of them), and lots of people still love them. It's a classic.

ohplease
01-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I would like to know what DON'T you guys like about the 200G Muscle Weave racquets. I just got a great deal on a couple of them and I want to know what to look for. I've seen a lot of the praises that have been given to these sticks thanks to searching the forum so I just want some counter-arguments. Now this doesn't mean that I'm not open to any positive comments. If you have any then please share.

I found that they went dead on me noticably faster than other frames I've tried - I personally wouldn't buy them used if they've seen a lot of action. Nice rackets, though. I haven't tried either the hot melt or the m-fil, but people seem to talk about the m-fil as a decent substitute.

TheRed
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
As Breakpoint noticed as well, I found the MV 200g's mushy and sluggish. Back when this racquet was till in production, I went through a period when I was demoing almost every players racquet out there. The 200g felt the worse but strangely, I played the best in them.

thejuice
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
I found that they went dead on me noticably faster than other frames I've tried - I personally wouldn't buy them used if they've seen a lot of action. Nice rackets, though. I haven't tried either the hot melt or the m-fil, but people seem to talk about the m-fil as a decent substitute.

Now that's a new one. I've never heard of a newer (mostly graphite) sticks going dead. Thanks for the feedback. Any one else feel this way?

Breakpoint and Red, thanks for your comments as well.

jackson vile
01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
I have the MW and I like it a lot, it is so solid I just can't belive it and the power is great, not as soft as my LMP+ but more solid feeling and better serve/easier serve.

I got it in a trade and forgot who I am going to look him up and ask him about stringing and tension

ohplease
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Now that's a new one. I've never heard of a newer (mostly graphite) sticks going dead. Thanks for the feedback. Any one else feel this way?

Breakpoint and Red, thanks for your comments as well.

I was surprised, too. Supposedly, racket fatigue is really micro fractures in the epoxy binding up the graphite. I just assumed that dunlop was using more epoxy than usual in their braid.

As far as rackets going dead - happens all the time. Some people even prefer them that way.

morten
01-31-2006, 07:37 AM
great racket stringbed response, dependable and crisp. Still i found it a bit sluggish for my serve and volley style. If they could only make a 6.0 95 with a 18-20 string pattern.... mw is a very good racket though.

basil J
01-31-2006, 10:33 AM
The 200G Mw is a little demanding and if you are off during a match, you will know it. Feedback is excellent, great serving stick, great at the net and off of the ground. less spin than other frames, but I never had an issue generating spin with this frame. It goes down as my all time favorite frame. It is demanding, but when palying well, very rewarding. Question: are they new or used frames, and if you don't get them, let me know, I could be seriously interested.

thejuice
01-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Question: are they new or used frames, and if you don't get them, let me know, I could be seriously interested.

Basil, one of them is in 9/10 condition and the other in 7-8/10 condition as stated by the seller. I will more than likely get another grommet for the more used one to make it look more cosmetically appealing.