PDA

View Full Version : elasto cross/string savers e.t.c. is it true that you should apply after hitting 1st?

Prostaffer
01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
do you apply these things after your first hitting session with a new string job or right away? i've been applying them right away.

diredesire
01-31-2006, 12:29 AM
do you apply these things after your first hitting session with a new string job or right away? i've been applying them right away.

depends on what you're hitting with (strings) and what you're trying to achieve. I personally don't add them unless i see fraying, and i dont' use them except on gut and expensive multifilaments.

Valjean
01-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Either one. Really, the advantage of waiting is you're able to limit the number of savers, which limits any effect on the tension. But Elastocross in particular has a pretty modest impact on it, and you can just lower the tension two lbs. when you intend to put them in too... And, FWIW, waiting for the wear to show may help you when tensioning the racquet, or tuning up your game.