PDA

View Full Version : Need help on finding the perfect racquet

kt411gcn
01-30-2006, 10:08 PM
I would like some help on finding a racquet that suits me best. I am currently using an i radical oversize. I am a 3.0-3.5 player. My strengths are powerful topspin/flat shots from the baseline, with moderate control. I see myself maintaining those strengths when i get better. What I feel I need to improve on is spin and control, however, I still want my baseline shots to be as powerful as can be. I am on the light side, at 5' 9", 135 pounds. I generate my own power and have a fast, full swing. If it helps any, I have average arm strength for my size, but I generate most of my power using my legs, abdominals, shoulders, etc, as I am very strong in those areas.

So, what type of racquets should I look for? My budget is $120, and i've narrowed my choices down to head liquidmetals. Also, should I switch to midplus or oversize racquets? Thanks :)

10nisNe1?
01-31-2006, 12:58 AM
hmm, maybe you should try a thinner gauge string or a spin string first. just a thought :)

jonolau
01-31-2006, 01:12 AM
I agree too, test out a different string if you 're playing well overall with your curent racquet. You'll be surprised what a difference a string can make. However do bear in mind that when you use strings like aramids, there will tend to be a lot of string movement which is even more pronounced on an OS racquet.

kt411gcn
01-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Will do, thanks for the responses :).