PDA

View Full Version : Net Gain, $15...

Deuce
01-31-2006, 01:36 AM
From Wertheim's column:

Heading into the Australian Open, Alex Bogomolv Jr. had earned $4,515 for the year. As punishment for uttering audible obscenities during his first round win over Fernando Gonzalez, he was fined $4,500.

Couldn't have happened to a bigger jerk.

SteveI
01-31-2006, 01:51 AM
From Wertheim's column:

Heading into the Australian Open, Alex Bogomolv Jr. had earned $4,515 for the year. As punishment for uttering audible obscenities during his first round win over Fernando Gonzalez, he was fined $4,500.

Minus .. expenses... :-). Yes.. I am trying to think of a bigger jerk??? Who was the player that let his wife spit on the ref.. at Wilmby.. that guy was the head "tool" in the 90's

Regards,
Steve

Yours!05
01-31-2006, 01:55 AM
Minus .. expenses... :-). Yes.. I am trying to think of a bigger jerk??? Who was the player that let his wife spit on the ref.. at Wilmby.. that guy was the head "tool" in the 90'sTarango

SteveI
01-31-2006, 02:42 AM
Tarango

Yes.. he was the Head Tool of the 90s.. what a jerk!!! Thanks!!!

Steve

goober
01-31-2006, 05:53 AM
From Wertheim's column:

Uh how much did he win for the first round in the AUS open tho? I remember the US Open Roddick won $15,000 for losing in the first round. So Alex probably netted $26,000 or so for getting to the second round. Maybe he needed that bit of gamesmanship to win so you could argue he actually made himself some money by pulling off that stuff.

Fee
01-31-2006, 08:50 AM
I disagree with the characterization of Alex as a jerk. I also think that comments on the behavior of both players in that match should be left to people who saw the WHOLE match, and the behavior of the fans who were there.

raftermania
01-31-2006, 09:46 AM
hmmm, well at least he can get a decent meal with his wife at... burger king.

norcal
01-31-2006, 10:09 AM
According to Steve G he earned $22,385 at the AO. So after the fine he can still buy a Honda Civic.

jamumafa
01-31-2006, 10:22 AM
To the person who said Roddick won a large amount for crashing in the USO first round , didnt he win the USO series? doubling his prize money? sorry if this is not true

DashaandSafin
01-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Its just one match...did he commit such stuff in the past?

Deuce
01-31-2006, 11:03 PM
I disagree with the characterization of Alex as a jerk. I also think that comments on the behavior of both players in that match should be left to people who saw the WHOLE match, and the behavior of the fans who were there.

Well, Fee, from my unbiased perspective, I don't need to have seen the entire match. I saw all I need to see - and, frankly, all I could stomach. This is simply because it is absolutely impossible for a mature, respectful person to do the things Bogomolov did under any and all circumstances. Therefore, what 'Gonzo' may or may not have done is absolutely and entirely irrelevant.

In order to do the things I saw him do, Bogomolov has to be an immature, disrespectful, and disgraceful jerk. Period. There is simply no other option.

jhhachamp
01-31-2006, 11:14 PM
In order to do the things I saw him do, Bogomolov has to be an immature, disrespectful, and disgraceful jerk. Period. There is simply no other option.

What exactly did he do? I did not see the match, and have not been able to find a detailed description of what happened.

K!ck5w3rvE
01-31-2006, 11:17 PM
lol Tarango was insanely stupid...I once saw him break a racquet over his knee.

Deuce
01-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Ridiculing his opponent, yelling obscenities at his opponent, making faces at his opponent, showing no respect at all for his opponent, the tournament, the fans, or the game... overall, behaving in the way a very badly spoiled 12 year old would behave...

VamosRafa
02-01-2006, 12:09 AM
I love Jon, but I always have. And he certainly was right about one certain player I know. And I think he's right about this one too.