PDA

View Full Version : Amelie has Arrived!!

byealmeens
01-31-2006, 05:54 AM
The AO final was disappointing - no matter how you look at it. And although I too have a few things I could say about Justine's actions, I think it's more important to focus on Mauresmo. IMO, she looked better than I've ever seen her. She looked complete mentally AND physically, and seems to have truly matured as a tennis player. She's making less errors, playing great defense, and when necessary, aggressive offense. I think Mauresmo has finally realized that she can and SHOULD be the best in the world. No matter what Justine or anybody does, they will not keep her from proving how good she really is. This is Amelie's year - any question of her result at the AO will be dismissed when she wins another slam. And I think she will....

d wayne
01-31-2006, 08:32 AM
I certainly hope she goes on to do well at the other slams this year. I love watching her game & she carries herself well. She may finally believe that she belongs as one of the top contenders in the women's game. The more strong players the WTA has, the more interesting the matches will be(at least from the quarterfinals thru the final) at big tournaments

GRANITECHIEF
01-31-2006, 08:35 AM
I would guess that she'll have her best performance ever at the French this year.

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 08:41 AM
The AO final was disappointing - no matter how you look at it. And although I too have a few things I could say about Justine's actions, I think it's more important to focus on Mauresmo. IMO, she looked better than I've ever seen her. She looked complete mentally AND physically, and seems to have truly matured as a tennis player. She's making less errors, playing great defense, and when necessary, aggressive offense. I think Mauresmo has finally realized that she can and SHOULD be the best in the world. No matter what Justine or anybody does, they will not keep her from proving how good she really is. This is Amelie's year - any question of her result at the AO will be dismissed when she wins another slam. And I think she will....

I don't think Mauresmo would have been able to beat a fit Kim in AO semis
and a healthy Juju in the final ...