PDA

View Full Version : Which string in TWs Prince Warriors?

tschevap
01-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi,

i bought some Prince TT Warriors at TW. They came prestrung with some Prince SynGut or Multifilament. I cant tell, which string this is. There is only Prince written on it, but no name!

Does anybody here know, which string it is - seems to be 16L! I like that string very much and think, it fits the Warrior very well...

Thank you very much!

Tomi

theace21
01-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Email TW - they probably could tell you what they used, or usually use with rackets/demos...

matchpoint54
01-31-2006, 04:09 PM
It might be PSGD. I'm guessing synthetic gut.

tschevap
02-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks guys!

@theace21: The rackets are not strung by TW. They come prestrung from the factory!

@matchpoint54: It actually is the Prince SynGut, but not Duraflex. It is the Original PSG 16L white. TW answered to my email confirming that...

Thank you for your help!

SteveI
02-01-2006, 04:55 AM
Hi,

i bought some Prince TT Warriors at TW. They came prestrung with some Prince SynGut or Multifilament. I can´t tell, which string this is. There is only Prince written on it, but no name!

Does anybody here know, which string it is - seems to be 16L! I like that string very much and think, it fits the Warrior very well...

Thank you very much!

Tomi

Hi,

In any event, those frames are strung "mass-production" for like $5.00 a frame. I am also guessing the tension is quite low (inconsistant) and who knows how long they have they have been sitting around.. and what sort of tempature variations they have been subjected to. IMHO.. I would just cut out the strings and have a good solid string installed by a qualified stringer at my desired tension. I will never "get" the buy a frame for $200.00 and have a $1.50 string installed at Dick's or some other bigbox store.. where your frame in most cases is strung by someone just learning how to string.

Regards,
Steve

tschevap
02-01-2006, 05:23 AM
Thank you for your post. I am stringing rackets now for over 13 years and was as sceptic about factory-strung rackets as you are.
In most cases those stringjobs were very poor. Surprisingly this one was not.
And this is the reason i asked, which string this was - even factory strung this string played really well and i am curious to try it with my own setup.

Now i found out and i will go on for a test run! Thanks guys!

Michael82
02-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Warriors released in UK are strung with PowerGlide 16, which seems to be a bit more mid range or even higher end string. Plays absolutely great.

tschevap
02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks Michael82,

you are right: Rackets released in UK and here in Germany had the Powerglide strung in them...

I liked that string a lot, but could not find it anywhere around here in Germany...