PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Accuracy

seeker06
01-31-2006, 09:26 AM
I haven't been playing tennis for that long but i think i had athletisism and skill to pick up the game very quickly. I started less than a year ago and played my junior year of highschool JV, I went to clinic and now use a prince o3 tour mp i love prince racquets! But the season is about to start and i think im ready. Right now i do a 2hbh, i can hit it but off center alot of the time, itll do for now but I have been accepted to WKU and want to play for them I want to switch to a 1hbh will a n6.1 work on accuracy the can i switch to a prince o3 tour midsize?

Kevo
01-31-2006, 09:44 AM
I think you should just go ahead and play with the frame you like best. You can hit either style of backhand with either frame. Technique makes more difference than the frame.

Ripper
01-31-2006, 10:10 AM
I haven't been playing tennis for that long but i think i had athletisism and skill to pick up the game very quickly. I started less than a year ago and played my junior year of highschool JV, I went to clinic and now use a prince o3 tour mp i love prince racquets! But the season is about to start and i think im ready. Right now i do a 2hbh, i can hit it but off center alot of the time, itll do for now but I have been accepted to WKU and want to play for them I want to switch to a 1hbh will a n6.1 work on accuracy the can i switch to a prince o3 tour midsize?

Don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if it's ok to switch from the O3 Tour MP to either the O3 Tour Mid or the nCode 6.1, because they have better directional control for someone with a 1hbh? Hummm, well I have a 1hbh and used the O3 Tour MP until very recently without absolutely any accuracy problems (sold them, because I was playing with, both, the O3 Tour MP and the RDX500MP, and decided I was better if I just stuck with one or the other; and prefered the RDX500MP). Having said that, I've never tried the O3 Tour Mid or any of the nCode 6.1s, but I can tell you that you have nothing to worry about, in this respect, should you decide to stick to the O3 Tour MP; it's an excellent raquet.

Edit: In your situation, I'd do this: 1st, I'd switch to the 1hbh (if that's what you want) and stick to the O3 Tour MP for a while. When comfortable with your 1hbh, demo the other raquets and, then, make a decision.

netman
02-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Technique matters more than the racquet. I would definitely switch to the 1HBH (I'm biased) because it gives you more options. Work hard on keeping the plane of the face constant shot to shot. You will find yourself rolling your wrists at first as you switch from 2HBH to 1H. The best way to maintain accuracy is to keep the face of the racquet in the same plane on every shot. Master that and the racquet you use won't matter as much.

-k-