PDA

View Full Version : Please Help...Effect on Swingweight?

BHud
01-31-2006, 09:55 AM
I would like to bring up the weight of an nCode Tour to make it play similar to an nCode Six-One 95 only (the Six-One is killing my neck and the nTour is a bit more flexible).

Specs are as follows:
Six-One -
12.2 oz. static
330 g Swingweight
10 pts. headlight

nTour -
10.7 oz. static
330 g Swingweight
Even balance

My thought is to add 1 oz. in the butt of the nTour, thereby bringing it up to 11.7 oz. (I would stop there because it is 1/4" longer than the Six-One), but I'm concerned that I may significantly alter the swingweight (even if it's located in an area that would have the least impact on this spec).

Any input on where the new swingweight may fall out?

Thank you!

Gaines Hillix
01-31-2006, 10:17 AM
bhud, just to clarify a point, swingweight is not in grams, it's in units of kilograms per centimeter squared(kg/cm^2). The formula for determining how much the swingweight would increase is (M X D^2)/1000 where M is the weight added in grams and D is the distance from the 10cm mark on the handle to where the weight is added. So, if you added 1oz/28g to the butt, you would increase the swingweight by (28X10^2)/1000 or 2.8 kg/cm^2 , an increase of only about 1% over the original swingweight. Add the weight 10cm up from the butt end of the frame inside the handle and the swingweight won't change at all. There is a "sticky thread" on this subject at the top of the first page of posts in this section of the message board.

BHud
01-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks Gaines! Great information. Then let the experimenting begin...a more arm/neck friendly nSix-One may be attainable!

rich s
01-31-2006, 01:02 PM
BHud - doing what you talk about will shift the balance point about 1" toward the handle and will only increase the swingweight ~2-3 kg-cm^2 as Gaines stated.

rich