PDA

View Full Version : Henins mistake - she ended the Williams/Capriati rule

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 10:40 AM
I have been wondering for some days now what caused this recent anti-Henin hate. As if some suppressed furor only was waiting to explode at the smallest occasion. Henin retiring during the AO final due to illness was only the spark needed to light the fire. But why, oh why?

Then I realized that HENIN ended U.S. dominance in women's tennis and that this is what some U.S. tennis fan will never forget her (comparable to Graf at the end of the 80ies or Lendl in the mid-80ies).

In 2000 Venus won 2 slams, in 2001 Venus and Capriati won all 4 slams for the country, in 2002 Capriati and Serena repeated that. In 2003 Serena won 2 slams - but Henin took FO and USO (!). Starting with FO 2003 until today Henin won 4 slams - more than ALL U.S. players combined.

Justine will have to live with it ....

Rabbit
01-31-2006, 10:41 AM
And we have to live with this unbelievably stupid crap from you. Seems like Justine got the better deal.

Nalbandian
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
Then I realized that HENIN ended U.S. dominance in women's tennis and that this is what some U.S. tennis fan will never forget her (comparable to Graf at the end of the 80ies or Lendl in the mid-80ies).

German Gunther Parche Mistake CRIME--he ended the Monica Seles rule for his German IDOL (the #2 player)

AeonT
01-31-2006, 10:46 AM
German Gunther Parche Mistake CRIME--he ended the Monica Seles rule for his German IDOL (the #2 player)

With a knife!

Netbudda
01-31-2006, 10:47 AM
Then I realized that HENIN ended U.S. dominance in women's tennis and that this is what some U.S. tennis fan will never forget her

I believe you have this wrong. The same board bashing HH here is the same board that doesn't care about the Williams girls. The thing these 3 ladies have in common is that they are very poor ambassadors of the game. I dislike Serena Williams to the extreme, her arrogance, her presence, everything about her I dislike, but the day I saw HH cheating her during that French Open match that day she jumped ahead of the line. Tennis fans we have one thing in common "WE HATE CHEATERS"

Nalbandian
01-31-2006, 10:49 AM
I believe you have this wrong. The same board bashing HH here is the same board that doesn't care about the Williams girls. The thing these 3 ladies have in common is that they are very poor ambassadors of the game. I dislike Serena Williams to the extreme, her arrogance, her presence, everything about her I dislike, but the day I saw HH cheating her during that French Open match that day she jumped ahead of the line. Tennis fans we have one thing in common "WE HATE CHEATERS"

I agree.

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 10:50 AM
I believe you have this wrong. The same board bashing HH here is the same board that doesn't care about the Williams girls. ...

Because most posters here are caucasian U.S. citizens.
Go figure ....

Nalbandian
01-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Go figure ....

Are you talking about letting Gunther Parche off the hook after committing a horrible crime just because he was German?

Are you talking about the German way of...?

Netbudda
01-31-2006, 11:09 AM
Go figure ....

I'm confused, according to you, we don't like the Williams because they are black, and we don't like HH because she ended that same black dominance we dislike ?

Honestly it's not a matter of color, I'm a big fan of James Blake and I believe he really represents the essence of what a tennis player should be.

BiGGieStuFF
01-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Can someone explain the Serena-JHH incident in detail. I think i totally missed that incident.

vllockhart
01-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I have been wondering for some days now what caused this recent anti-Henin hate. As if some suppressed furor only was waiting to explode at the smallest occasion. Henin retiring during the AO final due to illness was only the spark needed to light the fire. But why, oh why?

In 2000 Venus won 2 slams, in 2001 Venus and Capriati won all 4 slams for the country, in 2002 Capriati and Serena repeated that. In 2003 Serena won 2 slams - but Henin took FO and USO (!). Starting with FO 2003 until today Henin won 4 slams - more than ALL U.S. players combined.

Henin didn't really end the Williams' run, nor was Capriati going to win any more. The Williams' started getting hurt again and Henin took over. It went from the Williams to the Belgians. Capriati, remember, only won one tournament besides those three slams in that period. Plus, two of them were gifted to her by Clijsters and Hingis.

So, I don't really think that's the source of any of the animosity. There was no animosity before she defaulted. Also remember that Venus and Serena won two slams for the US last year, so any of that kind of sour grapes should have been gone.

Remember also 2004 which I think was a Russian sweep at the majors and I don't see anyone with any animosity towards them. They tried to act like Sharapova was the next coming of tennis Jesus. I think that was because they were so glad that she ended the Williams stranglehold on Wimbledon. Now, where's her animosity? And where's her next slam?

Netbudda
01-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Can someone explain the Serena-JHH incident in detail. I think i totally missed that incident.

Serena was ready to hit a first serve and right during the toss HH lifted her hand for Serena to stop the serve since she wasn't ready, Serena saw Justin hand but couldn't stop and just dropped the serve on the net without hitting full blast. The ref called a fault and Serena explained what happened, when the ref asked HH about the incident she denied lifting her hand in the air........at least 5 million people saw it on TV.

vllockhart
01-31-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm confused, according to you, we don't like the Williams because they are black, and we don't like HH because she ended that same black dominance we dislike ?

Honestly it's not a matter of color, I'm a big fan of James Blake and I believe he really represents the essence of what a tennis player should be.

Netbutta, what a great statement.

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 11:52 AM

Henin was not ready when Serena wanted to serve.
So she raised her hand.
Serena saw the opportunity to win a cheap point and served nevertheless.
She missed.
And then she wanted a new serve (another first serve)!
She didn't get one.
Later she lost the match.

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 11:56 AM
Henin didn't really end the Williams' run, nor was Capriati going to win any more. The Williams' started getting hurt again and Henin took over. It went from the Williams to the Belgians. Capriati, remember, only won one tournament besides those three slams in that period. Plus, two of them were gifted to her by Clijsters and Hingis.

So, I don't really think that's the source of any of the animosity. There was no animosity before she defaulted. Also remember that Venus and Serena won two slams for the US last year, so any of that kind of sour grapes should have been gone.

Remember also 2004 which I think was a Russian sweep at the majors and I don't see anyone with any animosity towards them. They tried to act like Sharapova was the next coming of tennis Jesus. I think that was because they were so glad that she ended the Williams stranglehold on Wimbledon. Now, where's her animosity? And where's her next slam?

Since May 2003 the slam count is:

Henin (BEL) - 4 slams
Serena (USA) - 2 slams
Myskina (RUS) - 1 slam
Sharapova (RUS) - 1 slam
Kuznetsova (RUS) - 1 slam
Venus (USA) - 1 slam
Clijsters (BEL) - 1 slam
Mauresmo (FRA) - 1 slam*

*opponent retired due to illness

So Henin is the threat for U.S. dominance ....

BreakPoint
01-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Go figure ....

How do you know that? Have you met all of us in person? :rolleyes:

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Serena was ready to hit a first serve and right during the toss HH lifted her hand for Serena to stop the serve since she wasn't ready, Serena saw Justin hand but couldn't stop and just dropped the serve on the net without hitting full blast. The ref called a fault and Serena explained what happened, when the ref asked HH about the incident she denied lifting her hand in the air........at least 5 million people saw it on TV.

The ref NEVER asked Henin, Netliar ....

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 12:01 PM
How do you know that? Have you met all of us in person? :rolleyes:

Oh no, for heaven's sake ....
<vomit>

vllockhart
01-31-2006, 12:09 PM

Henin (BEL) - 4 slams
Serena (USA) - 2 slams
Myskina (RUS) - 1 slam
Sharapova (RUS) - 1 slam
Venus (USA) - 1 slam
Clijsters (BEL) - 1 slam
Mauresmo (FRA) - 1 slam*

*opponent retired due to illness

So Henin is the threat for U.S. dominance ....

Total Slams:

Serena 7
Venus 5
Henin 4

When she catches up, I'll worry about her being a threat to US dominance.

But that wasn't really my point. The post I responded to was about her ending the US dominance. That I felt was a bit off.

Henin is a threat to the dominance of anyone, if you want to get right down to. The US, Russia, Cambodia, Isreal and Wyoming too. She has the talent and the grit to win a lot of majors. But, she can't beat Venus and Serena at their best on a reguar basis. But then, who could?

BreakPoint
01-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Go figure ....

Surprise, surprise!!! Guess what? 55% (the majority) of the members of this board are NOT White/Caucasian.

Look here: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=71084

I bet this comes as a shock to you.

AeonT
01-31-2006, 12:11 PM

Don't pay attention to this german Graf psychopath troll known as Calimero aka Joe Pike aka Michael Haller.

His Anti-US posts are very old news already. He keeps on repeating the same things over and over again (in case you haven't noticed yet). People in the other tennis boards find his posts so sickening, idiotic and tedious (especially his Graf obsessive/Anti Seles posts) which ultimately led them to ban him. And rightfully so.

progman_2000
01-31-2006, 12:16 PM

What a load of psycho babble bull****. Why is everyone trying to psycho analyze this (which for some reason keeps pulling Serena W. into it). People are ****ed at JHH because they sat down in front of the TV (or god forbid in person) expecting a good ladies final in the first slam of the year and they got to see JHH pull out with a tummy ache after getting her *** handed to her in the first set. Unprofessional, unsportsmanlike conduct after the fact towards Amelie, not a graceful loser, but a LOSER just the same. Period.

Shabazza
01-31-2006, 12:17 PM

Henin was not ready when Serena wanted to serve.
So she raised her hand.
Serena saw the opportunity to win a cheap point and served nevertheless.
She missed.
And then she wanted a new serve (another first serve)!
She didn't get one.
Later she lost the match.

A perfect example how bias and prejudice have an affect to one's judgement of the same incident!

Nalbandian
01-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Don't pay attention to this german Graf psychopath troll known as Calimero aka Joe Pike aka Michael Haller.

His Anti-US posts are very old news already. He keeps on repeating the same things over and over again (in case you haven't noticed yet). People in the other tennis boards find his posts so sickening, idiotic and tedious (especially his Graf obsessive/Anti Seles posts) which ultimately led them to ban him. And rightfully so.

I agree. This Pike guy is a certified lunatic seeking attention and his main goal in this board is to glorify his obsessions.

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Total Slams:

Serena 7
Venus 5
Henin 4

When she catches up, I'll worry about her being a threat to US dominance.

But that wasn't really my point. The post I responded to was about her ending the US dominance. That I felt was a bit off.

Henin is a threat to the dominance of anyone, if you want to get right down to. The US, Russia, Cambodia, Isreal and Wyoming too. She has the talent and the grit to win a lot of majors. But, she can't beat Venus and Serena at their best on a reguar basis. But then, who could?

When you limit "at their best" to Venus' 15 peak months (July 2000 - September 2001) and to Serena's peak 13 months (June 2002 - July 2003) you could be right. Although Venus was thrashed 1-6 1-6 at a slam during her short peak ....

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Surprise, surprise!!! Guess what? 55% (the majority) of the members of this board are NOT White/Caucasian.

Look here: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=71084

I bet this comes as a shock to you.

LOL!
Do you really think ALL members of this board took part in this poll?
Poor thing .....

AeonT
01-31-2006, 12:28 PM
LOL!
Poor thing .....

ha, ha, ha, ha,

Are you mama and papa psychos too... like you?

Poor thing!

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 12:29 PM
What a load of psycho babble bull****. Why is everyone trying to psycho analyze this (which for some reason keeps pulling Serena W. into it). People are ****ed at JHH because they sat down in front of the TV (or god forbid in person) expecting a good ladies final in the first slam of the year and they got to see JHH pull out with a tummy ache after getting her *** handed to her in the first set. Unprofessional, unsportsmanlike conduct after the fact towards Amelie, not a graceful loser, but a LOSER just the same. Period.

LOL!
Venus and Serena (in their terrible sister slam finals), tanking Pierces and Davenports gave far more cause for people being mad at women's tennis. Henin usually is good entertainment value.

There is no denying it - the anti-Henin propaganda is a U.S. thing.

Lendl, Graf, Sanchez, Hingis had to endure the same ....

GambitX
01-31-2006, 12:29 PM
damn... some stupid things you read in this board... just amaze me.

vllockhart
01-31-2006, 12:31 PM
When you limit "at their best" to Venus' 15 peak months (July 2000 - September 2001) and to Serena's peak 13 months (June 2002 - July 2003) you could be right. Although Venus was thrashed 1-6 1-6 at a slam during her short peak ....

Well, I still think they can reach that level again. Venus did at Wimbledon. And Serena to some extent at the AO. They both beat 1 and 2 on their way to the titles. Was Henin around for those tourneys?

And we won't even mention that little 1-6, 1-6 debacle to the hated Hingis at the AO. I could come up with a lot of excuses, but she just never showed up for that match. Shhhh, let's pretend it didn't happen.;)

Nalbandian
01-31-2006, 12:32 PM
LOL!
Venus and Serena (in their terrible sister slam finals), tanking Pierces and Davenports gave far more cause for people being mad at women's tennis. Henin usually is good entertainment value.

And the Monica Seles stabbing crime was a GERMAN thing?

BreakPoint
01-31-2006, 12:39 PM
LOL!
Poor thing .....

Have you ever heard of a sample size?

This is already a significant sample size so I wouldn't be surprised that it's an accurate reflection of the entire make-up of this board.

They can poll only 1,000 out of 300 million Americans and determine pretty accurately who's going to win an election.

jukka1970
01-31-2006, 12:42 PM

Sorry, but at least for me, it's got nothing to do with her ending the "US dominance" I was happy with her, until she got married. Since her marriage it seems her attitude has gone way down hill. As far the US always winning, I've been waiting for Clijsters to finally win a grand slam and she finally did. So for me has absolute zero to do with this "US dominance" you speak about. And I'm from the US

progman_2000
01-31-2006, 12:44 PM

I wish I had read your post before even replying to this nimrod!

Michael Haller
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Sorry, but at least for me, it's got nothing to do with her ending the "US dominance" I was happy with her, until she got married. Since her marriage it seems her attitude has gone way down hill. As far the US always winning, I've been waiting for Clijsters to finally win a grand slam and she finally did. So for me has absolute zero to do with this "US dominance" you speak about. And I'm from the US

As a matter of fact I like the U.S.
Perhaps even the MAJORITY of U.S. sports fans are fair towards foreign players. But there is a certain amount of U.S. fans who are rabidly xenophobic. Remember how poorly the Soviet hockey team was treated at the Lake Placid Oympics 1980 .... ?

vllockhart
01-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know how the press in other countries reacted to the JHH retirement? Unless we have a full report on all of the major tennis countries, then we can't definitively say that the Henin bashing is a result of US sour grapes.

I'm an "American" and I'd never even realized that the US had won that many grand slams in that short time span. I think more of the player, not the country. I think non-Americans think more about nationality than we do.

Applez
01-31-2006, 01:23 PM
The Anti American Sentiments of this Haller poster is troubling

It's not even funny

MonkeyPox
01-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Just sounds like a very insecure, unsuccessful person in life who is pleading to be noticed and get some attention. The post offices need to be on lockdown. This is the sort of person that goes on shooting rampages. Lemme guess, no romantic relationships ever either. Talk about poor thing!

Phil
01-31-2006, 04:13 PM
LOL!

Sounds like a bitter Hun, just polluting our board.

Whatever you do, Just don't...mention...the WAR!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/arts/2001/07/10/fawlty.jpg

Donnie Darko
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM

Henin (BEL) - 4 slams*
Serena (USA) - 2 slams
Myskina (RUS) - 1 slam
Sharapova (RUS) - 1 slam
Venus (USA) - 1 slam
Clijsters (BEL) - 1 slam
Mauresmo (FRA) - 1 slam

Quit in a slam final

So Henin is a threat to quit when she's being dominated ....

Fixed your post. You're welcome.

Yours!05
01-31-2006, 05:26 PM
Whatever you do, Just don't...mention...the WAR!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/arts/2001/07/10/fawlty.jpg
Now why didn't I join up as Fawlty?:(

chess9
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Serena and Venus have stopped playing tennis, and that's why the women's game has suffered. But, there are plenty of talented women out there still.

JHH is a great talent. If any man here could do as much pound for pound they'd be world champion, I dare say. Anyway, no one should second guess her quitting the AO with stomach problems. How many of you have even played an NCAA Division I final? The pressure of a major is enormous, so I'm not surprised JHH had some nerves and stomach issues.

Chill with the complaints against people you wish you really knew. :)

-Robert
________
Drug testing (http://drugtestingkit.org)

DMich
01-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Venus and Serena and their injuries ended their dominance. Justine just stepped into that void.

Shabazza
02-01-2006, 03:19 AM
this thread is ridiculous.

Michael Haller
02-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Venus and Serena and their injuries ended their dominance. Justine just stepped into that void.

No, I don't think so.
Justine stepped into the void when Venus starting her Hollywood career and Serena founded her fashion imperium ....

Nalbandian
02-01-2006, 10:10 AM
No, I don't think so.
Justine stepped into the void when Venus starting her Hollywood career and Serena founded her fashion imperium ....

Just as #2 Steffi stepped into the huge void after the true#1 Seles was gone... Right Gunther Pike?

156MPHserve
02-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm struggling to decide who has dumber posts... this guy or Ayklan... but then again... every now and then, Ayklan shows that he is intending to humour and excite his audience (eg. HOW DOES FEDERER LOOK LIKE? I LOVE HIM BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY BEFORE!)

so I conclude this guy has the dumbest post and threads on the board.

dmvprof
02-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey Haller.

I don't like HH because she's f'ugly....Looks like an anemic teenage boy with an identity crisis. Ask me if I care what you think about that.

I don't like you because you're an idiot.

fishuuuuu
02-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm struggling to decide who has dumber posts... this guy or Ayklan... but then again... every now and then, Ayklan shows that he is intending to humour and excite his audience (eg. HOW DOES FEDERER LOOK LIKE? I LOVE HIM BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY BEFORE!)

so I conclude this guy has the dumbest post and threads on the board.

Aykhan is mostly serious ... or generally trying to be funny ... but either way ... he isn't as damn annoying and he doesn't spam this part of the boards with useless dribble.

By the way ... the mistake Henin made was not continuing the match ... if you're not going to play ... then don't stand on the baseline and let the shots get hit by you ... if you can carry your bags, do a press conference, do whatever ... you can stand still for 10 minutes while your opponent wipes you off the court, rightfully.

fishuuuuu
02-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Just as #2 Steffi stepped into the huge void after the true#1 Seles was gone... Right Gunther Pike?

Haha ... I love it :p

Bones08
02-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Look at Venus and Serena head to head with Justine, when Jujuevens that, then come talk junk.

CoASH
02-02-2006, 12:19 AM
i'm not from the states and I hate williamses/capriati and esp JHH
your theory is stupid

chiru
02-02-2006, 05:13 AM
are u kidding me about the ending the williams capriati rule being why people disliked Justine H-H? I was rooting very hard for her to win the French Open, because im not a big Mauresmo fan. But as soon as Justine retired i turned sour to the whole thing. You don't retire a match because you're going to lose. ever. thats just being mean to your opponent. thats like when you get your arse beat in something and then say, oh i wasn't trying. she was trying, and i didn't notice that she was moving poorly as she was saying. she looked like she was moving the same as against sharapova, except missing everything. a player should retire when they feel they've been injured in a such a way that prolonging play could agravate it and make it a worse injury, ala clijsters vs. mauresmo. Can i remind people when Andre against Niemenen in the french last year and against davydenko in the masters cup played through a serious injury with the risk of aggravating the injury just out of courtesy to the other player. And wats this upset stomach? bs! Sampras threw up on court, won the match, and then got some IVs. Hell i've had upset stomachs on court. This has nothing to do with US vs. everyone or stupid crap like that, this is about sportsmanship. as far back as I can remember tennis has been a gentleman/woman's sport (sans mcenroe :-)) but this is complete crap and shows a complete lack of sportsmanship on HH's part, im never making the mistake of cheering for her again.

156MPHserve
02-02-2006, 12:00 PM
if you can carry your bags, do a press conference, do whatever ... you can stand still for 10 minutes while your opponent wipes you off the court, rightfully.

exactly.

vllockhart
02-02-2006, 12:23 PM
No, I don't think so.

Only a person like Haller would mix up Venus and Serena. Everyone, all together now, who is interested in Hollywood, Venus or Serena?

See a fool, leave a fool.

vllockhart
02-02-2006, 12:24 PM

This is exactly true.

Michael Haller
02-02-2006, 12:31 PM
This is exactly true.

No, I don't think so.
Venus and Serena profited a lot from Graf being retired and Hingis getting injury probs. So they had some success in the early 00ies. But then Henin raised the bar and took over the women's game.

vllockhart
02-02-2006, 12:39 PM
No, I don't think so.
Venus and Serena profited a lot from Graf being retired and Hingis getting injury probs. So they had some success in the early 00ies. But then Henin raised the bar and took over the women's game.

Oh gosh, how backwards is this? Graf retired in 1999. Hingis NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER had injury problems. Not until she lost that last final at the AO did her "injury" problems pop up. Damn, I didn't know it was possible to be this wrong about anything.

I see a fool, why am I not leaving the fool where he is?

Moose Malloy
02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
LOL at Henin raising the bar. Yeah she got destroyed by Venus at the 2003 Australian, by Serena at 2003 Wimbledon. Then she wins the 2003 US Open & 2004 Australian Open(which both sisters missed due to injury)
I'm sure they were just scared of playing this 5'5 new modern giant of a player. Henin should thank them for not playing those majors, she would have won only the French had they not gotten injured.

vllockhart
02-02-2006, 12:52 PM
LOL at Henin raising the bar. Yeah she got destroyed by Venus at the 2003 Australian, by Serena at 2003 Wimbledon. Then she wins the 2003 US Open & 2004 Australian Open(which both sisters missed due to injury)
I'm sure they were just scared of playing this 5'5 new modern giant of a player. Henin should thank them for not playing those majors, she would have won only the French had they not gotten injured.

LMAOOOO. The raising the bar comment was just too asinine to even respond to. I think he just says stuff to get a rise out of us. Nobody could actually believe that.

Kaptain Karl
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
vllockhart - You are already "getting" this, but the OP is a major Troll -- in (who knows what new form of a Screen Name).

Michael Haller - Congratulations! I've given you my "benefit of the doubt" long enough. You have earned "Ignore" status from me. Bye!

- KK

vllockhart
02-02-2006, 01:00 PM
vllockhart - You are already "getting" this, but the OP is a major Troll -- in (who knows what new form of a Screen Name).

Michael Haller - Congratulations! I've given you my "benefit of the doubt" long enough. You have earned "Ignore" status from me. Bye!

- KK

I'm on your heels.

Nalbandian
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
No, I don't think so.

Graf profited immensely from the #1 Seles being stabbed by a twisted german fan.....put that into your bird brain gunther pike...