PDA

View Full Version : Producing spin with certain grips.

Jim_Courier's_Fluffy_Hair
01-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Hi. I was wondering if a player could produce just as much spin with the Semi-Western grip compared to the western grip?

I'm returning to tennis after not playing for a few years and I'm considering altering my grip as I like to produce alot of spin on my groundstrokes. Would changing to a western grip help.

Regards.

Yours!05
01-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi. I was wondering if a player could produce just as much spin with the Semi-Western grip compared to the western grip?

I'm returning to tennis after not playing for a few years and I'm considering altering my grip as I like to produce alot of spin on my groundstrokes. Would changing to a western grip help.

Regards.Yes.

Gugafan_Redux
01-31-2006, 12:05 PM
You'll get more answers if you post this in the "Tennis Tips and Instructions" section.

Ripper
01-31-2006, 12:10 PM

No. There's a reason why someone would choose a somewhat uncomfortable western grip over a semi western. That reason is the potential to put more top spin on the ball. Having said that, there are other factors you have to consider before choosing a grip. If you run a couple of searches throughout these forums you'll get enough info. to keep you busy for a good couple of hours. Have fun ;)

So, yes; it would help.

Edit: Btw, you should have posted this on the "Tennis Tips" Forum.

@wright
01-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Best. username. ever!