PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Dunlop?

tschevap
06-09-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi...

the Dunlop internet site is now offline for several months! They still write, it is being redeveloped. But how can such a huge company afford, not being represented in the internet for such a long time.
Check it out: www.dunlopsports.com

Does anybody have a different link to their products-page?

Thanks

TwistServe
06-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Dunlop is pales in comparison to head and wilson :shock:

tschevap
06-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Wilson is pales in comparison to Microsoft! What does your answer help in the original question? Depp...

AAAA
06-10-2004, 12:47 AM
tschevap, The dunlop-slazenger brand/company has been bought by Soccer World. It appears Soccer World is still deciding how to present their newly aquired brands on the net hence the delay. However I agree a downtime of atleast a few months in unacceptable by 'internet time'.

GuyPerez
06-10-2004, 04:19 AM
I agree they have been down too long. However, it has not been several months.

I wrote them and this is the reply:

Guy,
It should be up and running in the next two weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Caroline Dodge
Marketing Coordinator
Dunlop Racquet Sports
ph. 864.527.0234
fax 864.527.7881

This was Thursday June 3rd. So hopefully one more week.

Guy

redpurusha
06-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Dunlop produces the best tennis balls.

tschevap
06-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Great info! Thanks...

K!ck5w3rvE
06-13-2004, 09:20 PM
If you want the best site for any new racquet specs and that sort of thing, its...

www.tennisworld.nl

Yes its in another language, but you can tell what the specs are and you can translate it into English. Also, they have pics of the new Babolat Aero Pro Drive (Nadal's) and Aero Pro Control (Giovanni Lapentti), plus the specs.

tschevap
06-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks!

Shane Reynolds
07-18-2004, 06:19 PM
I guess that lady was off by a few weeks. That website has been down for months now. If you had just spent millions on a purchase, don't you think you could spare a few thousand to have someone put up something while your new site was developed? I would at least have pics and specs on all current products. The 600G is getting very little respect and it might be doing better if they acted like they want to sell a few of them.

aceindahole2K5
07-18-2004, 08:47 PM
problem with dunlop......i talk to a dunlop rep the other day out at the club, i was supposed to hit with some of their frames for our head pro and tell him what i thought, i ask him for a heavy frame with a smaller headsize and he looks into his bag, the guy has 6 LADY G's, 2 400 G's and some of those new pro tour revelation deals, all of which are not even close to what im looking for so he hands me a revelation

Chanchai
07-20-2004, 12:29 PM
The site was finally relaunched, I think yesterday.

Interesting new site.

What's more interesting to me is that on the Racquet Sports mainpage, James Blake is holding what looks sort of like a 200G, but not quite... it's like Orange or darker yellow or something....

Following a similar lead as Head's website, they've got individual minipages for their endorsement players: Robredo, Schaulken, Mauresmo, Blake, Haas, Fish, Stevenson. They also have endorse Citizen watches on the page.

BTW, a guide to their promotional categorizing of racquets:

*Youth = Junior racquets

*Competitive = Recreational racquets (with some weird descriptions, especially the Blake racquet)

*Performance = The racquets we actually look at by Dunlop and then some (pretty much all the Dunlops sold at TW)

-Chanchai

Swan Song
07-20-2004, 12:42 PM
The site was finally relaunched, I think yesterday.

What are you talking about? I just went there today and it had the under construction thingamajig.

Swan Song
07-20-2004, 12:45 PM
You know what Chanchai, sorry about that. I just found out the new website.

ATTN: The new website is www.dunlopsportsonline.com

Chanchai
07-20-2004, 12:45 PM
http://www.dunlopsportsonline.com/

Lol, you beat me to it. Sorry I didn't note the change in the domain... I used to use the other one myself, and got this one off of Tennis Week.

It's all good :)

I am curious though, does the 300G really use the ISIS handle? Is this a new addition or since the beginning? Looking at the site, it says that the 300G is using the handle (on their tech section). I'm guessing it's just a typo in the tech section because it's in the 300G OS, but it isn't listed on the 300G section.

If they did put ISIS handles in the 300G, damn... I'd have to try that out (me being a 300G user and all). Also... Anybody use the Super Revelation? Is it anything like revelations of the past?

-Chanchai