PDA

View Full Version : what do u think

kytennis
01-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Consider this. What if the tournement ranking commintees started droping Roddicks seeding to make it tougher on him. In my opionion he is working hard, but can still work harder. If they start moving him down, he might wake up and relize he has the talent to win, but needs to find another game plan besides just big serve big forehand. His backhand has improved since last year, but still needs to be more agressive instead of relying to much on winners off forehand and serve, maybe he should consider using his back had more neutral than just babying it back in the court

Fee
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Except for the Slams (and in that case, only Wimbledon), there aren't any 'ranking committees.' ATP tournaments seed according to the entry rankings, period. Only Wimbledon has a formula that gives more weight to grasscourt results. Andy will be the number one seed at his next tournament (San Jose) and probably the one after that (Memphis).

kytennis
01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
yeah i know im just saying hes ranked so high but i cant remember the last time he beat someone higher than him such as Fed, Hewitt, Nadal, or even Agassi, in the majors hes losing to players ranked below him and i dont know i guess they need to drop his ranking a few spots in my opinion.

Fee
01-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Well, there is nothing in the ATP rules that allows for that. If he keeps losing matches that he shouldn't lose, his ranking will drop accordingly.

He beat Hewitt at the Cincy Masters last summer, he hasn't played Nadal since the DC Final on clay in Spain over a year ago, and he hasn't played Agassi since 2004 (the ATP website has all this info).

jeebeesus
01-31-2006, 05:27 PM
[ In my opionion he is working hard, but can still work harder.

he needs to work smarter not harder. if it`s all based on hard work plough horses would win Slams.