PDA

View Full Version : Asian nCode Tour 90 Swingweight

Vamz
01-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Anyone know the swingweight on this racquet, both strung and unstrung would be best, but one or the other will do.

BreakPoint
01-31-2006, 06:29 PM
The strung swingweight is about 323.

Vamz
01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
That high? Even though it's almost an ounce lighter than the US version?

BreakPoint
01-31-2006, 10:32 PM
That high? Even though it's almost an ounce lighter than the US version?

It's not an ounce lighter. It's 0.7 oz. lighter, and it's also less headlight. The unstrung weight and balance of the US version is 12.0 oz. and 12 pts. HL. For the Asian version, it's 11.3 oz. and 9 pts. HL. The Asian version needs to be more headheavy to maintain most of the stability of the US version. It is, in fact, very solid on impact, just less powerful than the US version. Besides, 323 is not that high at all, especially compared to the US version's 330, and you can definitely feel the SW difference between the two. Did you know that the LM Prestige Mid's SW is 340?

BTW, I suspect that, if in fact, Federer really does use a real nSix-One Tour after all, he most likely uses an Asian version as the base and then customizes it to his specs from there. I say this because his racquet is not that heavy at around 12.6 oz. strung, but is balanced almost even. The last two US versions that I weighed came in at about 12.9 oz. strung and 9 pts. HL stock. If you add lead tape to the head of the US version to make it almost even, it would likely end up weighing over 13.3 oz. But with the Asian version coming in at about 12.2 oz. strung stock, he can add the lead tape to the head to make it even and still be around 12.6 oz. total.

Vamz
02-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I did say almost, but whatever. I have 3 US versions and 2 Asian versions, I would say that the racquets swing very differently also. Almost like they are two different racquets. The asian version is not nearly as stable as the US version. I would say it's even less stable than my old Head LM Prestige MPs. And I did know that about the Mids (I was sponsored by Head), but they never swung that heavy to me. Anyway, did you get this from Wilson, or did you put them in a swingweight machine?

legolas
02-07-2006, 08:08 PM
i have the standard versions, but would lvoe to try the asian versions

BreakPoint
02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
I did say almost, but whatever. I have 3 US versions and 2 Asian versions, I would say that the racquets swing very differently also. Almost like they are two different racquets. The asian version is not nearly as stable as the US version. I would say it's even less stable than my old Head LM Prestige MPs. And I did know that about the Mids (I was sponsored by Head), but they never swung that heavy to me. Anyway, did you get this from Wilson, or did you put them in a swingweight machine?

Well, I guess you're not an engineer because 1.0 oz. is 43% more than 0.7 oz., and to me, that's nowhere near "almost". ;) Anyway, I actually find the Asian version pretty stable. No, not as stable as the U.S. version (but it can't be since it's lighter and you can't defy the laws of physics), but still pretty stable nevertheless especially compared to most other racquets out there.

I didn't put them on a swingweight machine, but having played with hundreds of racquets, I think I have a pretty good sense of the estimated swingweight range of most racquets. For example, the PS 6.0 95 is rated at 317 and the U.S. version is rated at 330, and to me, the Asian version feels like it falls right in between.

BTW, if you want to get rid of your Asian versions, let me know, I may be interested.