PDA

View Full Version : Maxply or Diablo Tour

c_zimma
01-31-2006, 02:48 PM
I have it with the Maxply, and my wrist has been getting sore. Anyone else have this problem. Also, anyone who has hit with the Diablo Tour, a review, or comment, on the racquet would be great. Thinking about switching sticks.

c_zimma
01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
And No, its not the Wood Maxply. Its the new McEnroe Maxply. Just Clarrifying.

matchpoint54
01-31-2006, 03:01 PM
I use the Diablo MP and I think it's a great racquet.I can hit with plenty of spin to keep the ball in and it's really powerful. Some people think it feels harsh and stiff but with a dampener i think it feels great. I think the main weakness of the Diablo was the volleys. I couldn't volley that well with it but I still think it played mediocre at the net. The main strength of the MP was the serve. I could serve really good with the racquet and really serve hard. Also, I could get a lot of kick or slice with the racquet. In the past, I have used the maxply, but I didn't really like it. I could serve ok with it and my volleys were great. The racquet was really harsh on my arm though.

c_zimma
01-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks matchpoint, any other opinions.

netman
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Have found all the Diablos to play like lighter variants of the MaxPly. MaxPly is solid as a rock compared to the Diablos.

If the MaxPly is bothering you, not sure the Diablo will help matters. Maybe something softer like a Prince O3 Tour or a Volkl or Yonex player frame?

-k-

c_zimma
01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Thanks. Sounds like a good idea

Mark Ng
01-31-2006, 08:23 PM
Have both rackets. Bought the Maxply just based on its looks (dumb huh). Thought I could play with it but couldn't. I'm used to head light rackets (8-10 pts) and the Maxply is nowhere near that (feels more even bal to me). It also feels like a club and very chunky compared with the Diablo. Yes the Diablo is .25 inch longer and is a little slower to move around the net than a typical 27 inch HL frame BUT I found it easier to volley than the Maxply. Serves and all other shots were a breeze with the Diablo. Diablo for me is better. Hope this helps.

danix
02-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I find the Maxply McEnroe to be head light, and swings very easily. It feels a lot like a PS Classic 6.1 to me, actually, and I'm sticking with it for now.

I've seen a couple of reports of arm problems with this stick but I have not had a problem myself. It definitely calls for a soft string, and my biggest problem with it is that I need a higher tension to tame the power (extra power is good on my weaker shots but my forehand is flying long sometimes).

For the price, I don't know of a better stick on the market right now.

stevewcosta
02-03-2006, 02:20 PM
netman,
You must have played w/a lighter diablo mid. Mine are solid as rocks. Crappy tolerances have them weighing 12.0 - 12.5 strung. Mine are 12.5.