PDA

View Full Version : Too much sleep?

Cynnik
06-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Is sleeping too much bad for you? Im 23 and I sleep over 10 hours a day and if I get less than that I get very tired throughout the day. Sometimes I cant even wake up and end up sleeping well over 10hours a day, close to 14. I tried many times to sleep just 8hours a day but I cant function properly if I do. Is there something I can do to not sleep the whole day away and still have energy to do stuff?

jun
06-10-2004, 11:57 PM
It could be that you are just so used to sleeping more than 10 hrs a day and your body is having hard time adjusting.

Or it could be some health reasons. 10hrs of sleep is plenty enough. Maybe you should go and see a doctor, and do some thorough testing...I have had a similar problem but i feel better now (maybe mine was due to stress). I have seen a doctor but he was just being too casual about it...But these days there are tests that can be done so you should do some research about it.

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 07:43 PM
Im 16 When I get 8 hours of sleep thats not enough I need about 10, but one day I stayed up until about 2:30 doing homework and woke up at 7:00 with no hassle It was so easy to wake up and my day was better with only 5.5 hours of sleep... except I get tired later on that night but during the day time I played tennis for about 2 hours... I think I was tired though I dont remember... but strang this is it was easier to wake up and I was in a better mood...

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
By the way, its summer now... I sleep around 12 and wake up at 9, I take naps almost all day... I have a job now I hope I can take it without the naps, I've taken 2 naps today and im tired right now its 7:46... probably the stress from the weeks finals... I kinda was sleepy right when I got home yesterday... I felt fine bowling though... this sleep stuff is weird... during the school year for about a month I couldnt sleep til 3am...

hihihi8402
08-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Medical studies have shown that people recieving too much sleep complain of the same symptoms as people who don't get enough sleep. Both groups complained of felling sleepy, lethargy, etc. You should aim for around 8 hours of sleep each night. However, each persons circadian rythmn is different and you may need more or less, but you should be able to determine that.