PDA

View Full Version : Head Vision & Head T. Carbon 5000

prasinos
02-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Hello everybody

I just discovered this forum and I really enjoy reading your informative posts.

I would like to ask for info about two rackets. I cannot find any info elsewhere.

1. Head Vision. It has a bluish-greenish metallic color. I was given this racket 8 years ago and the person who gave it to me said that it was composed from graphite. I actually enjoyed playing with this racket. Would anyone here know its specs?

2. Head T. Carbon 5000. I was given this racket a month ago. It is gray-red. I am searching for its specs. I would also like to know if it fits the playing style of the following two players:
(a) Myself, a NTRP 3.5 player (trying to improve). I come to the net often and like volleys (I am tall with very long hands and it is rare that shots pass by me!), but my ground strokes are average in power.
(b) a friend of mine, who is taking tennis lessons for ~4 months now, promising, with nice footwork, but often not able to hit with the center of the racket and has a short follow-through.

I would be grateful for any info or pointers.

-Grigorios

SteveI
02-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Hello everybody

I just discovered this forum and I really enjoy reading your informative posts.

I would like to ask for info about two rackets. I cannot find any info elsewhere.

1. Head Vision. It has a bluish-greenish metallic color. I was given this racket 8 years ago and the person who gave it to me said that it was composed from graphite. I actually enjoyed playing with this racket. Would anyone here know its specs?

2. Head T. Carbon 5000. I was given this racket a month ago. It is gray-red. I am searching for its specs. I would also like to know if it fits the playing style
of the following two players:
(a) Myself, a NTRP 3.5 player (trying to improve). I come to the net often and like volleys (I am tall with very long hands and it is rare that shots pass by me!), but my ground strokes are average in power.
(b) a friend of mine, who is taking tennis lessons for ~4 months now, promising, with nice footwork, but often not able to hit with the center of the racket and has a short follow-through.

I would be grateful for any info or pointers.

-Grigorios

Hi,

Ti.Carbon 5000

27 inches long
102 head size
4-5 points HL
18 x19 string pattern
11 oz
beam is 21 mm
flex about 62 or so.

Have a great day!

Ronaldo
02-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Ti. Carbon 5000 is a 102" version of the Ti. Radical which if you do a search has at least a million gadzillion pages of posts. Great racquet, owned it about 5 yrs ago

SteveI
02-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Ti. Carbon 5000 is a 102" version of the Ti. Radical which if you do a search has at least a million gadzillion pages of posts. Great racquet, owned it about 5 yrs ago

Hi,

Not sure how much you will find on the new TW board.. but there was a ton of feedback on the old board

Regards,
Steve

Ronaldo
02-01-2006, 10:41 AM
Steve, OK its a 2001 stick, one gadzillion posts

prasinos
02-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Thank you a lot for the information. This forum is incredible.

I indeed found a lot of posts on the Ti. Radical (the "old" forum is not available any more, is it?)

Do you know anything about the other racket, the Head "Vision"?
Unfortunately it is broken now, but out of curiosity I would like to know its specs.

As for the Ti Carbon 5000, I got it through my instructor for 45 euros and I thought "for such a low price, it can't be a good racquet" (I know now, after reading many posts in this forum the last few days, that this is not the correct way of thinking ;-) ). And it is true that I don't "feel" it is right for me.
I was actually ready to order a Volkl DNX V1MP to replace the Carbon but paying 180 euros for a racquet is not so easy for me (I am just a postgrad student). I chose the V1 not only for the playing characteristics but also because the posts here state that it is very comfortable, and I do feel pain on my elbow sometimes (after difficult games).

Could you please offer some advice if I should go ahead and buy it or not?

Best,
-Grigorios