PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hit with Alu-touch hybrid?

bennieboi
02-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Anyone hit with the alu-touch hybrid? if so, how does it compare to an fulll alu setup? I've been having pain in my elbow on my ti80, with nxt's but the strings on it aren't great and i heard the alu power makes it much better, but i'm just afraid it'll be too stiff for my arm and relaly actually injure my arm more. How does the alu-touch compare in playability wise as well as comfort?

Gaines Hillix
02-01-2006, 07:30 AM
IMO, if you have elbow pain using NXT, stay away from any kind of poly string. What racquet are you using? What tension are you having it strung at?

bennieboi
02-01-2006, 03:00 PM
i'm using a yonex rd ti80, nxt's strung at 61, but i've herad from several people that nxt's degrade the racquet, and it's not great with nxt's.

jj300
02-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Like Gaines said, if you have pains with nxt, I would never advise you to move to a poly of any kind. Perhaps its your technique that is causing the pain? See if you can get a pro to watch you for 5 minutes and ask if he can see anything that might cause problems.

bennieboi
02-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Like Gaines said, if you have pains with nxt, I would never advise you to move to a poly of any kind. Perhaps its your technique that is causing the pain? See if you can get a pro to watch you for 5 minutes and ask if he can see anything that might cause problems.

thanks, but i don't think my strokes are the problem, not trying to sound conceded. My racquet is extremely uncomfortable off the sweetspot and has alot of vibration. i hear ti80's are known for bad comfort. I've had it once before on my ncode 6.1 18x20, but i'd blame it on poor technique then, my strokes are much better now, and i've never had it ever again since, until now since i got my new racquet. I do hear from my friend to stay on the ground more and not to have an open stance on forehands. I only jump on forehands to get more power out of my shots, i go from low to high, i don't think there's anything wrong wiht my strokes really, but maybe more of my racquet.

jj300
02-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Didn't mean to sound like I was ripping your strokes. You mentioned vibrations, would it be more like the racket is not stable? if so try some lead tape at 3 and 9 o'clock and see if it helps. I actually had that problem with my old old super light racket and lead tape fixed it.

bennieboi
02-01-2006, 06:57 PM
i have, i added about 8 grams, still no help, i understand why it's so uncomfortable, i'll probably trying getting a better dampner.

darkblue
02-01-2006, 07:23 PM
i have hit with both NXT and NXT max (full NXT job) on ncode Tour90.
my current setup is ALU/VS Touch hybrid (VS Touch mains).

my feeling is that all NXT job was more forgiving than the current setup. i know it violates the 80/20 rule, but my current hybrid feels more like a 50/50 - and thus

Ripper
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
But has anyone hit with Alu-Touch hybrid? I want to know, too.

Weeooo
02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Yes, Ive hit with the Alu-Touch hybrid, on account my apd drive is strung on that.