PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Ti-80 v.s. MP Tour 1 98

Chopin
02-01-2006, 09:44 AM
How do the Yonex Ti-80 and MP Tour 1 98 compare to each other? I'm switching back to Yonex from a LM Prestige Mid. I'm looking for something a little less demanding than the LM Prestige Mid but still a Yonex players racket. I tried the RDX 500 Mid but it was too buttery feeling and underpowered. Also, is there any difference between the old Ti-80s and the new ones? I found the old ones for 70 dollars less than the new ones on another tennis website. Do both the old and new Ti-80s vary weights by grip size or is that only the old model?

bennieboi
02-01-2006, 02:57 PM
There is no difference between the new and old ultimum ti80, just a new paintjob. I've never hit wiht the tour 1 98, but i now own a ti80. The ti80 is a really string sensative racquet, and not too comfortable, but it's not a bad racquet either. The ultimum feels more solid and stable in my opinion than the rdx mid, but it has a horrible metallic noise that comes off the stringbed, so it's best to get some lead and a vibration dampner, and it demands good strings, i play with nxt's in them currently and hate them. if you get it, good luck. i've heard more people like the ti80 better than the tour 1.

charlesy
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
My son(in high school tennis team) used to play MP Tour-1(MP) and plays RDX500(MP) now. I tried his Tour-1 a couple of times but couldn't control. Recently, I bought used Ti-80. I tried it with the string came with racket but didn't like it at all. I put my favorite string(Gosen BioGut Poly Multi) and ...Bingo!!
I agree that Ti-80 is string-sensitive-racket. You have to find the right string for you.

Compare to Tour-1, Ti-80 has lower swing weight and bit easier to swing.
I have spec comp. table for Tour-1, RDX500, RDX300 and Ti-80.
Drop me a mail to playsop@yahoo.com if you want.
It's MS Excell file.

eman resu
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I'd love to read more about this comparison as I'm between these two racquets right now. Currently using the POGOS but looking for something easier to swing. (POG at 365g)