PDA

View Full Version : Prostaff 85

chiru
02-01-2006, 09:27 AM
I used to have a prostaff 6.0 85, and i used to as a measure of how much lead tape to put just go from the 3rd cross from top and bottom (so i guess that means 3rd-16th) ala pete sampras. now i switched to a tour 90 with a 16 x 19 pattern, obviously the same rule doesn't apply, i dont' have an 85 with me anymore so i donno exactly wat measure of tape i used to use. I've been putsing around with it, but i can't seem to get it to the right amount, it might jsut be mental, but if anybody can find out exactly wat that measure of tape is (including the pws circumference, cuz that can make a difference) i'd greatly appreciate it

Marius_Hancu
02-01-2006, 10:51 AM
about 17cm on each side

I suggest you experiment, these racquets are quite different

jlui21
02-18-2006, 10:16 PM
My question is for all the PS 85 users.

Where do you add your weight, and how much do you add? And also, why do you like to add it there?

BTW, does anyone add weight to the PS 85's handle? If so, how?

peter
02-19-2006, 06:24 AM
My question is for all the PS 85 users.

Where do you add your weight, and how much do you add? And also, why do you like to add it there?

BTW, does anyone add weight to the PS 85's handle? If so, how?

I don't add any weight at all.

jlui21
02-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't add any weight at all.

What do you like about the non-leaded PS 6.0 versus leading it? (I presume you tried both -with and without lead.) I bring this up because I have one leaded at the 3, 6, and 9 position, and I enjoy the extra power! But I also like my non-leaded one but I can't say why just yet. I have only owned both my PS 85s for a week now...I will be in search of another PS 6.0 to buy and to modify so that I can compare all three and judge for myself which is best for me.

I would also like to know eveyrone who uses the Prostaff 6.0 (85 sq inch) what their rating is?