PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Midplus vs. C10 Pro

Kick Serve
06-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Any thoughts on how these two sticks may compare?

womackD
06-10-2004, 10:28 AM
The VE 10 MP plays stiffer and has a much more firm upper hoop when compared to the C10 Pro. The VE 10 MP also has a more even balance and has more handle feedback/vibration, meaning it doesnt play nearly as muted.

Kick Serve
06-10-2004, 11:18 AM
womackD - Which one provides more power, control, spin, etc.? Did you notice any other significant differences? Thanks for the input.

womackD
06-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Kick Serve,

The VE 10 MP provides more power off the ground than the C10. I wouldnt say its significantly more powerful, but it is easily noticable.

The serve may be another story, because I think the overall weight and mass of the C10 hits a heavier ball with more pace than the Vengine, when using comparable swings.

I think spin is comparable, but the i found it easier to employ that spin with the V engine 10 MP.

Control is great with both, but the stiffer flex and more even balance of the Vengine can lead to balls sailing on you more often than the C10 and it's high flex that sucks alot of pace off the ball.

To me, the VEngine is a better racket for a baseline player, because of the stiffness and added power. It allows you to be more defensive and block balls back when necessary, and that really isnt something the C10 is known to help.

The C10 suits a serve and volley player better and is a better serving racket in general.

Overall:
I like the Vengine MP much better than the C10. I prefer the stiffer hoop, the added power and stability for my onehanded backhand, and the increased feel ( less mushy, soft and more handle feedback/vibration than the C10).

Kick Serve
06-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Great feedback womackD. Thanks for the information. I look forward to trying the VE 10 MP when I get the chance. It sounds like a great new stick.