PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper Big Bangers

Semaj
02-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi , just wondering if anyone knew of any cheaper, similar like immitation strings to big bangers (alu power pref). My friend told me your only paying for the name?!

zcarzach
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Klip K-Boom... A friend of mine on the MSU tennis team recommended it to me... She said its a great string and I agree... only like $11 on TW

smittysan89
02-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Even better is Unique Big hitter. Almost same string except with more comfort, and half the price, definately check it out.

Richie Rich
02-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Even better is Unique Big hitter. Almost same string except with more comfort, and half the price, definately check it out.

i'm with smitty on this one. at $6.95 a set unique big hitter is a steal. alu is way overpriced.

rfprse
02-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Anoter vote for big hitter, not sure it's better but similar, cheaper alternative.

christo
02-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Big Hitter, serious clone, seriously cheaper.

EsteroTennis
02-03-2006, 03:34 AM
smittysan89 is ABSOLUTELY correct.....I switched from BIG BANGER over to BIG HITTER a few months ago and BIG HITTER does in fact play very similar to BIG BANGER except it has better "feel" and more "comfort" (easier on the elbow).

I think UNIQUES's BIG HITTER is actually a better string than BIG BANGER.

smittysan89
02-03-2006, 04:11 AM
But, mind you the Big Hitter is similair to the Big Banger original more than the alu power i think. The Big Hitter isnt as crisp or firm as the alu power. For many this is a good thing but some like the firmer, crisper feel.

Stan
02-03-2006, 04:47 AM
Big Hitter is a good option, but the best ALU alternative, by far, is the Topspin CyberFlash. This string possesses the same crispy playing characteristics as ALU, offers the same control and possibly a bit more power. The main difference is the length of playability. Cyberflash holds tension much better than either the ALU or the Big Hitter and thus keeps playing properties longer. It's about the same price as the Big Hitter, but holds playability longer. Cyberflash is the way to go.

henwal_of_sweden
02-03-2006, 06:05 AM
Pro´s Pro Cyber Power is very similar to BB orginal. A very good string that lasts foreever.

Cost around 45 euros for 200 meters.

Semaj
02-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Thanks, do you know where I can ge tmy hands on some of thease strings?

smittysan89
02-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Big Hitter is a good option, but the best ALU alternative, by far, is the Topspin CyberFlash. This string possesses the same crispy playing characteristics as ALU, offers the same control and possibly a bit more power. The main difference is the length of playability. Cyberflash holds tension much better than either the ALU or the Big Hitter and thus keeps playing properties longer. It's about the same price as the Big Hitter, but holds playability longer. Cyberflash is the way to go.
Do you know of a US distributor of Topspin Cyber Flash? I have read about it but havent found anywhere that sells it to the US.

smittysan89
02-03-2006, 11:25 AM
From what I have read it is around 10-11 euros which is about the same price as BB alu power and more than bb original.

Idk it sort of annoys me everyone looking for a cheaper alternative. It is expensive yes but alu power and BB have set the standard for poly's everyone is always looking for an alternative. Some find it and many just dont, I really think that the alu power is worth the extra 2 or 3$ for a set, than trying to experiment with a bunch of other less expensive value strings. Especially if you are using it in a hybrid, i dont think its that much more expensive. But w/e thats just my opinion.

Semaj
02-03-2006, 11:28 AM
When you look at certain shops in europe a 200m reel of this stuff is like 88 euros! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

legolas
02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
hmmm. ill give that a try, thx