PDA

View Full Version : How does KLIP Kboom compair to Big Hitter?

gshaffer23
02-02-2006, 04:08 PM
I have been using Big Hitter for a while now, I like the feel... but to be honest I am looking for something a little more "crisp", maybe stiffer? How does the KLIP Kboom stack up in this regards?

Thanks!

smittysan89
02-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Have you tried alu power rough? Very very crisp response. Also what about Gosen Polylon?

gshaffer23
02-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Have you tried alu power rough? Very very crisp response. Also what about Gosen Polylon?

Hi, Thanks smittysan89,

Yea, i guess i should have given more of a string history. I played w/ BB Original for a few years, then ALU... I LOVE ALU, it is a bit crisper and firmer than the Big Hitter. I'm looking to get back to that feel... but don't want to pay $200+ for a reel of it.

Hoping that K-boom may be a better fit than the Unique, as I've read a few comparisons that say K-boom is a bit crisper than Big Hitter... more like the ALU.

Looking for some other thoughts or experiences

Thanks!

smittysan89
02-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Hmm this a good question. Looking forward to an answer from someone, but from what i have heard for a crisp, firm response alu power has been the number one choice. Most people on the boards like softer strings.

I would try string forum dot net for some advice.

Stan
02-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I've posted about the Topspin Cyberflash in other poly discussions and the same applies here. It's an excellent ALU alternative at a fraction of the cost.

gshaffer23
02-03-2006, 06:12 AM
I've posted about the Topspin Cyberflash in other poly discussions and the same applies here. It's an excellent ALU alternative at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks Stan, I saw your response about Cyberflash... where can you purchase it in the U.S.??

Stan
02-03-2006, 06:34 AM
I got mine via an auction site. Another tennis site claims it will be in stock later this month.

gshaffer23
02-03-2006, 07:10 AM
I got mine via an auction site. Another tennis site claims it will be in stock later this month.

Did you purchase a reel? If so I would be willing to buy a set or two from you to try it out. If not, could you let me know what site claims to have it coming in?

Thanks Stan!

Please email me: grant.shaffer@eds.com

smittysan89
02-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I am also wondering

EsteroTennis
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
I switched from BIG BANGER to BIG HITTER a few months ago and really like the feel and softness with BIG HITTER.

I'm hoping to try out the SIGNUM PPP this weekend and just recv'd a "post/message" that SIGNUM MEGAFORCE (new poly string) plays stiffer than the PPP and more the BIG BANGER. Personally, I prefer the poly strings to be a little softer with more feel/comfort than the BIG BANGER.

But, I'll have to give MEGAFORCE a try once I can find a set..........

bagung
02-04-2006, 04:36 PM
i had k boom in main , bde ng in cross at 55/59. i found out it has much more power than my previous set up of bb original/ bde ng....