PDA

View Full Version : "Made in Austria"

crosscourt
06-10-2004, 09:01 AM
The Head LM Prestiges have "Made in Austria" on the buttcap. They look well made. Play nice too.

Swan Song
06-10-2004, 09:06 AM
I think all Head racquets are made in Austria except for some Pro Tour 280s and Head Prestiges(both have "Designed in Austria).

mary fierce
06-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Take a look at the graphics on the last few generations of Head racquets and you'll see they are rarely applied symmetrically, alligning differently on different sides of the racquets in a grossly evident way. Not the hallmark of old-world craftsmanship. Also, there have been a few posts just in the last few weeks here about cracks at the graphite-liquidmetal junction. And take a look at where the headguard ends on the Prestige LM, leaving a bizarre looking gap. Finally, people have complained on this site about the durability of Head racquet graphics over time.

sherpa78
06-10-2004, 11:54 AM
I've got a couple of Head Prestige Classic 600's that say "Designed in Austria". (but they have a sticker in the buttcap that say "made in austria"). They seem to be built nicely. From what I understood, I think "designed in austria" mean that the frames were molded in Austria but then finished off in the Czech Republic.

BTW, my Prestiges have a plastic part in the neck, right before the grip begins. I was looking at other pictures of the original Prestige's and they do not seem to have this plastic. Just thought that was kinda curious...

Sherpa78

David Pavlich
06-10-2004, 02:55 PM
All of the LM line are made in Austria. Throwbacks like the TiS6 or the Ti Heat CZ are now made in the Orient.

David