PDA

View Full Version : Safin to be back this month?

PM_
02-02-2006, 05:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=2316367
I'll believe it when I see it.

Fee
02-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Yep, his official website is saying that he will attempt to come back on Feb 13 at the Marseille tournament. If not there, then the following week at Rotterdam. But as always with Marat, I'll believe it when he steps onto the court. He could go all the way to France, then not feel ready to play when the time comes. Fingers crossed for the handsome head case.

grimmbomb21
02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
#50 in the world. Life is not fair. He would have had an easier time winning AO this year if he had been healthy....

Oh well. I'm just glad he is coming back.:mrgreen:

pero
02-03-2006, 12:52 AM
#50 in the world. Life is not fair.

Life's a ***** :)

kick it safin

go marat!!!

ATXtennisaddict
02-03-2006, 05:30 AM
come on Safin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babbette
02-03-2006, 05:35 AM
yaay eastside :D

pound cat
02-03-2006, 05:36 AM
Life's a ***** :)

kick it safin

go marat!!!

He was #84 when he came back from wrist injury and ended the year #4.

vllockhart
02-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Dear Marat is sorely missed. I'd absolutely love to see this guy on a regular basis. To me, he's one of the microscopic few who can come up with Federer-like shots. His A-game is a wonder to behold.

And to top it off, he's a big, fine hunka man. His AO pic with the trophy last year is soooo adorable.

Grimjack
02-03-2006, 07:31 AM
He would have had an easier time winning AO this year if he had been healthy....

You're not gonna make the top of a lot of newscasts with this scoop.

In other news, Vitas Gerulaitis's odds fell off the board when oddsmakers discovered he was dead.

FalconX
02-03-2006, 07:53 AM
pim-pim is back for sure. Safin maybe.

Gugafan_Redux
02-03-2006, 10:55 AM

In other news, Vitas Gerulaitis's odds fell off the board when oddsmakers discovered he was dead.

I love sarcasm on a Friday. Thanks, Grimjack.

vkartikv
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
I would not expect anything from him. If he is back to normal, well and good, otherwise it's just another day..

fastdunn
02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=2316367

maybe...

I'm wondering whether he got a sugery or not.
He had been to make a decision on it over 1 year now...

pound cat
02-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm wondering whether he got a sugery or not.
He had been to make a decision on it over 1 year now...

No he didn't. He did a lot of R & R and consultation with doctors in Continental Europe and Moscow.

He is currently in Moscow, will sit and cheer the DC team, and hopefully when he returns..theoretically in Marseilles, he can play the entire match without (much?) pain. The match outcome doesn't matter. He will be a nervous wreck playing his first match back wondering if the knee cycle will repeat itself. Poor guy.

killer
02-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll second poundcat's assertion here; coming back after serious injury is nervewracking! Even if you've been out practicing tons and feel the injured area is holding up fine, matches put you under different stresses. Hope he does well.

grimmbomb21
02-03-2006, 02:58 PM

Damn. I promise to refrain from posting after I have been drinking from now on. I meant to say he would have had less trouble winning this years AO than last years, if he had been healthy enough to play....this year..:|

oh, NEVERMIND!!;)