PDA

View Full Version : String Recommendations for Flexpoint Radical MP

zorg
02-02-2006, 07:38 PM
What are some good strings for the Flexpoint Radical MP? I want to focus on a little more power, because my current strings don't offer enough. Now I have it strung with BB ALU Power Rough, but like I said, I doesn't have enough power. What I want is a 17 gauge string that has more power than the Power rough, but I would like to keep the spin the same.

Oh yeah, I can't afford to get it strung with natural gut everytime, even if it is all of those things that I need, like power and spin. So please don't recommend that :-(

vinnier6
02-03-2006, 05:30 PM
i am using nxt tour in one of my rads and regular nxt in the other...i like them both and really cant tell the difference between the two...

roddick_rulz
02-03-2006, 05:32 PM
luxillion big banger alu power, Babolat VS, and BDE permformance are all good choices.

smittysan89
02-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I would say just hybrid your alu power rough with a multi or syn gut, that should add some power, and also add some comfort as well.

Or you could try Ace 18.

BTW: How do you like the alu power rough on the radical? What tension do you have it at? I am thinking about buying a set pretty soon and hybrid it with some forten sweet.

zorg
02-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Its ok, I would like something with a little more pop though. Sometimes I feel like only hitting my absolute hardest will get me a nice paced shot or a winner, and sometimes I feel like I can juice it up nicely. Don't know why it changes, so thats why I would like to try a new string. The tension I have it is at 53. But at first when I just strung it, it took like 3 days of hitting to adjust to the stiffness of the strings, and for my arm to get over it. The first day my arm really hurt.

smittysan89
02-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Its ok, I would like something with a little more pop though. Sometimes I feel like only hitting my absolute hardest will get me a nice paced shot or a winner, and sometimes I feel like I can juice it up nicely. Don't know why it changes, so thats why I would like to try a new string. The tension I have it is at 53. But at first when I just strung it, it took like 3 days of hitting to adjust to the stiffness of the strings, and for my arm to get over it. The first day my arm really hurt.

Hmm thats pretty low tension. I string my poly at about 62 lbs, so maybe we just hit the ball differently.

WChiang
02-04-2006, 07:10 PM
I have had good luck with Technifibre Bi-Phase 18g at 57 lbs. Great pop and it keeps it nice control and feel. I've been using the FXP Rad Tour. I hope that helps.

Cfidave
02-05-2006, 03:32 AM
I use the Head Flexpoint string, at 58lbs in my Flexpoint Radical MP. Very good power with better then average spin. So far durability is good as well.

smittysan89
02-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I just bought a set of Lux Alu Power Rough 16L to hybrid with Forten Sweet 16 in the crosses. Will let you guys know how i like it on my radical.