PDA

View Full Version : Anyone switch from LM Pres MP to LM Rad MP?


player69
06-10-2004, 09:49 AM
There seems to be alot of post from people who switched from LM Rad MP to LM Pres MP, but has anyone here switched from LM Pres MP to LM Rad MP? If so, can you offer some comments as to why?

TwistServe
06-10-2004, 10:13 AM
I did what you claim a lot of people did. "from LM Rad MP to LM Pres " hehe

player69
06-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Was the LM PRes better for you?

LordRaceR
06-10-2004, 10:52 AM
LM Prestige is much better then LM Radical. Period.

TwistServe
06-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Yep its better for me.

player69
06-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Anyone have any comments on the LM Rad MP?

TwistServe
06-10-2004, 11:22 AM
Ya .. I think thats a good racquet too. Its just a tad light and a little too much power.

strife726
06-10-2004, 12:09 PM
OK guys I don't have much time to make a long post so ill give a short one for now.

I have tested both and had some great help from people on this fourm. These are both good rackets rackets but at the same time different rackets.

Now here is the main difference....The LM pres is heavier, more flex which equals less power. Some may not like the extra heft of the lm pres while for others its a must.

I found if you hit a shot on the upper hoop, you get a lot more power with the lm rad MP then with the lm pres MP.

Im still trying to figure out what is better for a baseliner, the lm rad with some lead tape, or the lm pres. Anyone a basliner here that tried both?

mileslong
06-10-2004, 12:58 PM
i have played both. i started with the prestige because i have always played heavy racquets. i played it as a demo with some unknown string and didnt really like it at all.

i now play the radical with some lead tape on it and really like it. i can really spin the ball and place my serves anywhere. i would like to try the prestige again with a different string but i found that it was tougher on my arm and could whip the head through like i can with the rad.

strife726
06-10-2004, 08:24 PM
Wow, you felt the lm pres was toggher on your arm? Or did you mean it was harder to swing the racket due to its extra weight? Cause I found the lighter and stiffer radical to give more arm pain when playing vs heavy hitters. The LM pres is very soft, and I found very easy on the arm.

mileslong
06-10-2004, 09:02 PM
i was mainly referring to my serve i think, im a strong guy but an older one and it doesnt take much these days to blow out a joint. i just know that my arm was tight and tender after a night of playing it.

i have weighted doen the radical and it feels good so far anyway. would still ike to give the prestige one more go

strife726
06-10-2004, 10:30 PM
I also didn't like the LM pres after my first day serving with it. Actually when i think about it, I wasn;t crazy about it for a whole week of testing it lol. But it grew on me and now i think its a great racket for me.

tarheelbornjohn
06-11-2004, 04:49 AM
I had the same problems initially with serving with the LM Prestige. I loved everything about it. Ground strokes and volleys were great, but I just could not generate enough pace on serves. I was weighting the MP with another full oz of lead, bringing it to just over 13oz. I dropped it down to 12 grams and after a week with it I was busting serves again. Not only am I busting serves with it, my control is great. I have almost stopped serving to anything but the center T in doubles. 80% going for the line and the other 20% either into the body or kicking out wide.

babar
06-11-2004, 06:42 AM
I keep both in the bag. I use the LM Prestige playing doubles for the control and feel. I use the LM Rad playing singles b/c my arm can handle the weight better for longer periods of time. If I am playing a heavy hitter, then I use the LM Prestige in singles also. I have weighed my LM Rad upto 11.7 ozs and my LM Prestige up to 12.1 ozs with overgrips and head tape and tape to build up butt cap. It hasn't been too hard to switch back and forth.