PDA

View Full Version : Marcos Bagdhatis on Roids?

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 08:45 AM
I like the guy but let's face it that the guy had never been able to play to the level that he did in the Aussie Open and now in the hottest tournament he is playing multiple 5 setters, recovering from cramps no problem, etc. Let's face it, am I the only guy that thinks he is on steroids of some sort or is his super hot girlfriend all the energy he needs?

Grigollif1
02-03-2006, 08:47 AM
I like the guy but let's face it that the guy had never been able to play to the level that he did in the Aussie Open and now in the hottest tournament he is playing multiple 5 setters, recovering from cramps no problem, etc. Let's face it, am I the only guy that thinks he is on steroids on some sort or is his super hot girlfriend all the energy he needs?

Please.... are you joking? :p

menelaos
02-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Please refrain from accusing people without proof. Any evidence?

JackRabbit
02-03-2006, 08:48 AM
:rolleyes: Can't someone have a breakthrough without some guy using the 'roid flag? Comeon guys, these are professional athletes; they work on their fitness a lot more than you think. Steroids are not the only thing that can make an athlete have a breakthrough.

vllockhart
02-03-2006, 08:51 AM
I like the guy but let's face it that the guy had never been able to play to the level that he did in the Aussie Open and now in the hottest tournament he is playing multiple 5 setters, recovering from cramps no problem, etc. Let's face it, am I the only guy that thinks he is on steroids of some sort or is his super hot girlfriend all the energy he needs?

This is idiotic. When his tests come back positive for illegal drugs, then we can fling accusations. Until then, knock it off.

RiosTheGenius
02-03-2006, 09:19 AM
so, are we gonna assume that every player that does well is on drugs...????
let's stop starting threads about irrelevancies.
c'mon now dude, ....another dumb asss thread by a newbie.

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
RELAX people. If we can't discuss the possibility then why do we have these posts? All I am saying is that playing in those kind of conditions are super tough and playing in those types of conditions when you haven't before is even tougher. What you have to look at is recovery. If you guys think that guys like Puerta and Canas are rare than obviously you guys haven't hung with a lot of the guys from the tour. The body can't take playing week in and week out pounding, stretching and straining and be ok. This is not to bash Baghdatis in any way as I like the guy very much but one does have to wonder. Sorry if that offends some others.

BHud
02-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Another newbie...

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 09:22 AM
and for "RiostheGenius" user. I might be a newbie on the posts but I know a lot more about tennis and the tour than you might think so don't assume before you really know.

bc-05
02-03-2006, 09:24 AM
lol he was hot last yr too.. he was beating robredo, ljubicic.. someone else... he got beaten by fed in the 4th round.. the same man he got beaten by this yr.. :D and dont forget big daddy was the junior champ.. just like federer

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 09:25 AM
ya bc you have a good point there. I am not questioning the ability. I am not saying the dude can only play because of the stuff, all I am saying is that the physicallity behind his AO run is tough to believe. Maybe I am wrong, I guess only time will tell.

tennissavy
02-03-2006, 09:43 AM
RELAX people. If we can't discuss the possibility then why do we have these posts? All I am saying is that playing in those kind of conditions are super tough and playing in those types of conditions when you haven't before is even tougher. What you have to look at is recovery. If you guys think that guys like Puerta and Canas are rare than obviously you guys haven't hung with a lot of the guys from the tour. The body can't take playing week in and week out pounding, stretching and straining and be ok. This is not to bash Baghdatis in any way as I like the guy very much but one does have to wonder. Sorry if that offends some others.
Welcome to the messageboard. You will find that many people who post here are not open minded, not civilized in the art of discussion and are basically not nice.

I did wonder the same thing as you; if Baghdatis was able to play so many long tough matches in the heat due to performance enhancing drugs. With so many players being found guilty of doping, it is normal to have suspicions. I hope that he is not taking any such drugs. It would be disappointing to find out that his terrific performance was chemically aided in any way. I think he was extremely impressive.

MonkeyPox
02-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Players do it all the time. All the time. Every grand slam. This is not new. Ginnepri did it at the open, though he didn't quite make the final it wasn't for being tired and he played more five setters I believe. I'm not sure how old you are, but these people are quite young and professional athletes. Silly thread, but I guess wonder if you want to, I mean people seem to wonder if he is God as well, so you can certainly wonder if he is on drugs I guess.

Tchocky
02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
He's definitely on something. Should be interesting to see if his drug tests come back clean. We'll just have to wait and see.

vllockhart
02-03-2006, 10:03 AM

The AO is in January and the guy is 20 years old. And since he was playing the big players, I think he was on the big courts, inside a lot. Also, he has done it before. This is not his first year playing tennis. He's only been doing it for about 15 years.

And he's not the first guy to have a big run at a slam. I beleive just about every person who has ever won a slam at some time had a run when they were not ranked in the top 10. That's how you make your name; you have runs in big events.

So, again, let's not fling mud at people who don't deserve it. We don't need to discuss the possibility. That's tantamount to accusing the guy of cheating and we know how unfair it is to do that with no proof.

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Well, I am glad that I am not the only one that is thinking of the possibility. What many people fail to see is the ATP's success relies on marketing key players and personalities. Do you think the Atp would test Roddick or a guy like Dre to show that they are using and then ban them for two years? Think about it, how much money do they lose if a guy of that stature is not playing. It doesn't make sense. I am not saying steroids are an epidemic, all I am saying is that if you think guys aren't using then you guys are crazy or haven't seriously played competitve tennis. Especially those guys hovering around top 50 in the world would love that edge to crack the top 20 and make me more and score hotter women. PLEASE, PLEASE do not think I am accussing Dre or Roddick of using because I am NOT. I am just saying that I have a lot of friends playing the tour right now and I have hung and seen some crazy stuff that they don't show on SportsCenter so be aware.

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes the proof aspect may not be there but how can you have proof without questioning first? That is a pickle I do not understand.

bennieboi
02-03-2006, 10:08 AM
so i guess i'm not the only one either thinking he was on steroids, i don't have anything against him, he's really good, but who else noticed that alot of players on tour are getting banned for substances? especially making it that far in a slam, but who knows it's just a little thing i thought about during the slams.

bc-05
02-03-2006, 10:15 AM
how can he not be fit huh? i mean he does fitness trainings even in his sleep *stares at cammi*... thats the drugs he's taking!!! anyway in a more serious note.. wat kind of drugs can enhance perfomance in tennis? steroids build muscles dont it? so they are not really needed in tennis.. something like nandrolone i thought theyre for building muscle

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
andro helps you muscles recover quicker from a workout. Hmm, that couldn't help any tennis players after a long tennis match could it? Ohh, according to some of the people replying to my post I guess not. Muscle fibers tearing and straining get better in two days with a good nights sleep according to a lot of people.

BDAZ
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
well, you know what? they're lible to find something only for the mere fact that almost everything is on the banned substance list. i was reading a little blurb about all the argentines testing positive. one of the guys tested positive for finasteride (propecia). poor dude is just trying to keep his hair from falling out, and he tests positive for using a "masking agent".

The tennis guy
02-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Well, I am glad that I am not the only one that is thinking of the possibility. What many people fail to see is the ATP's success relies on marketing key players and personalities. Do you think the Atp would test Roddick or a guy like Dre to show that they are using and then ban them for two years? Think about it, how much money do they lose if a guy of that stature is not playing. It doesn't make sense. I am not saying steroids are an epidemic, all I am saying is that if you think guys aren't using then you guys are crazy or haven't seriously played competitve tennis. Especially those guys hovering around top 50 in the world would love that edge to crack the top 20 and make me more and score hotter women. PLEASE, PLEASE do not think I am accussing Dre or Roddick of using because I am NOT. I am just saying that I have a lot of friends playing the tour right now and I have hung and seen some crazy stuff that they don't show on SportsCenter so be aware.

You claim you know ATP? The top players are tested at least 5 or 6 times every year. Federer and Nadal were tested more than 8 times last year because they are winning so much. All finalists in slams including Roddick and Agassi last year are mandatorily tested.

Yeah right, there is a conspiracy not testing top players. If you have friends playing the tour right now who are crazy, then name them. Other wise, you are hunging with bad apples.

chess9
02-03-2006, 10:26 AM
If Bag Man is on steroids, he needs to strangle his supplier. He has so little upper body muscle it's a good thing he has facial hair! I'm constantly amazed at the sheer nothingness in the upper bodies of these top tennis players.

Forget it.

-Robert
________
CHEAP BONGS (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com/glass-bongs/)

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 10:45 AM
not all steroids make you bigger, remember Petr Korda?

babbette
02-03-2006, 10:50 AM
of course he's on roids!! Practicing to improve your skills don't mean a thing when your skills actually do improve roids all the way!

legolas
02-03-2006, 10:54 AM
hes not on roids, hes kinda fat

Fee
02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
so i guess i'm not the only one either thinking he was on steroids, i don't have anything against him, he's really good, but who else noticed that alot of players on tour are getting banned for substances? especially making it that far in a slam, but who knows it's just a little thing i thought about during the slams.

What is your definition of 'a lot'? There are over 1000 ranked players that belong to the ATP. Of the top of my head I can think of about 10 that were cited for drug use last year. One was a prescription drug that he didn't have paperwork for, one was a very small dose of marijuana. Only two were notably banned for use of performance enhancing substances.

LN_Dad
02-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Can someone explain to me how steroids would help him? Tennis requires more quickness than brute strength like football or shotput. Seems to me taking steroids to gain upper body strength and carry more weight in muscle would hurt one's quickness and court coverage around the court

Ace&Gary
02-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I am just saying that I have a lot of friends playing the tour right now

Ace: How many Stallion? Have we ever met?:rolleyes:

I have hung and seen some crazy stuff that they don't show on SportsCenter so be aware.

Gary: I'm about to make a home movie that won't make it on SportsCenter too!

Ace&Gary
02-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Ace: Bag Man is not on the juice.

Gary: He smiles all the time.

RiosTheGenius
02-03-2006, 09:04 PM
and for "RiostheGenius" user. I might be a newbie on the posts but I know a lot more about tennis and the tour than you might think so don't assume before you really know.
I don't care if you know a lot or nothing about tennis. I just said your thread is dumb and irrelevant.
and I think you're way too opinionated for somebody who's just entering a siber community, which this is. welcome though. hopefully we'll get to know your smart side in the future.

DaveGrable
02-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Siber? I think you mean Cyber... which nevertheless is a totaly outdated word.

Bags is not on steriods because they make your genitals shrink.... from what I've heard (I've never done them). If bags had shrunken genitals, his hot girlfriend would dump him. Therefore we can assume Bags is not on steriods.

RiosTheGenius
02-03-2006, 10:04 PM
hahahaha..... yeah... I totally fcuked that one up. lol

Phil
02-04-2006, 01:45 AM

Sylvestor Stallone was, and probably still is, on 'roids.

Deuce
02-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Wondering about whether this player or that is artificially enhanced in the strength and/or endurance department...

Wondering if the racquet one is bidding on is real or a fake...

Wondering if your favorite singer/group is really singing, or just mouthing the words while a recording plays...

etc., etc....

There is less and less purity and innocence in life with each passing moment - to the point that even kids today are questioning if anything is real anymore.

Man, I feel so sorry for the children of today... and of tomorrow...