PDA

View Full Version : Sesil Karatantcheva Ban

Tommy's Girl
02-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Ok, help me out here, did this girl just admit that she was 15 and preggers last year during the French? Since she was playing at the end of the summer with a flat belly and no one has seen a bundle of joy anywhere....did she just admit she had an abortion? :confused: Sounds like a total failure of her PR department. And what pregancy supplements contain nandrolone?

Max G.
02-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Apparently during pregnancy, the body naturally produces more of [whatever chemical it was that she tested positive for].

From what we have heard, no tests showed any evidence of pregnancy, and as far as I can tell it was just an excuse concocted to explain away drug tests.

vllockhart
02-03-2006, 10:54 AM
This is shocking either way. Either she's already popping pills at 15 or she's pregnant at 15. Not a good way to get started in life. Look at Capriati. What would her career have been if she weren't a crackhead?

legolas
02-03-2006, 11:10 AM
it was just her excuse

pound cat
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Somebody who knew the chemical changes of pregnancy told her to say she was pregnant, IMO. The attempt by her side to deny any wrongdoing is nothing short of creative I must say.

Bora
02-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah, but I would imagine the doping agency would require proof for such an outlandish excuse.

pound cat
02-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Yeah, but I would imagine the doping agency would require proof for such an outlandish excuse.

Proof???? "I bought the kit at the drugstore and threw away the box. Unfortunately just as I was about to make a doctor's appointment, I had a miscarriage" YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME.

Desperation tactic IMO

Bora
02-09-2006, 07:43 AM
This kinda sounds like a soap opera doesn't it?

Midlife crisis
02-09-2006, 08:04 AM
The urinalysis conducted on her old specimen after this excuse came out showed no evidence of pregnancy. She lied.

norcal
02-09-2006, 08:36 AM
The urinalysis conducted on her old specimen after this excuse came out showed no evidence of pregnancy. She lied. Did you read the transcript of her explanation of how she got pregnant? I totally believed it.

Found it:
Bulgaria's tennis hopeful, Sesil Karatantcheva, who was banned from playing for the next 2 years on doping charges, maintained her version of a "health condition" during a televised interview.

"I just decided that I wanted to do it, and I did it, and then things got out of control," Karatantcheva said for private bTV channel, hinting at her alleged pregnancy that had caused the high levels of nandrolone in her blood. She explained that when she took the decision to "do it" she was not aware of certain protection issues and then it just happened.

With these words she more or less affirmed that her defence does indeed base itself on an unsuccessful pregnancy. "You are a man and I do not expect you to understand," Karatantcheva said to the morning talk-show host. "I just wanted to do it, took the decision and did it."

Sounds like the WTA needs to start making sex ed classes mandatory.

Kaptain Karl
02-09-2006, 08:48 AM
The urinalysis conducted on her old specimen after this excuse came out showed no evidence of pregnancy. She lied.Finally, somebody reported this correct info.

(I do wonder who has the "contract" to keep all those specimens all that time? And I hope their Air Conditioning / Refrigeration system *never* fails...!)

- KK

Shabazza
02-09-2006, 09:34 AM
at least her excuse gave me a laugh

sandiegotennisboy
02-09-2006, 11:01 AM
what a stupid girl

legolas
02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
The urinalysis conducted on her old specimen after this excuse came out showed no evidence of pregnancy. She lied.
what a ****, what a liar, what a way to be forgotten

Midlife crisis
02-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Did you read the transcript of her explanation of how she got pregnant? I totally believed it.

The problem is what she says does not fit in with the facts. When females are pregnant, they produce a hormone called HCG. This is easily detected in urine, and is the basis for the home pregnancy tests.

A laboratory can detect levels of HCG to a much finer level than in a home pregnancy kit, which may have been sitting on a shelf for a very long time and is still effective in HCG detection. HCG production also just doesn't stop and clear the system once a pregnancy is terminated, whether by abortion, miscarriage, or by delivering a baby. It will clearly not leave the system when nandrolone is still within the system, and especially at the levels that were in her positive urine samples.

So, she lied, and I'm betting she's not sufficiently intelligent enough to research the medical literature and produce this excuse. So, not only is it bad that she lied, but she was **INSTRUCTED** to lie by someone who should face a much worse punishment than she got.

Freedom
02-09-2006, 12:29 PM
She did say she had a miscarriage. But what a horrible excuse. She was good too, too bad about the ban.

pound cat
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
If she is devoted to tennis she'll be back, and will only be 20. Hopefully she will be more mature in her court demeanour. and a heck of a lot wiser.

norcal
02-09-2006, 03:52 PM
The problem is what she says does not fit in with the facts. When females are pregnant, they produce a hormone called HCG. This is easily detected in urine, and is the basis for the home pregnancy tests.

A laboratory can detect levels of HCG to a much finer level than in a home pregnancy kit, which may have been sitting on a shelf for a very long time and is still effective in HCG detection. HCG production also just doesn't stop and clear the system once a pregnancy is terminated, whether by abortion, miscarriage, or by delivering a baby. It will clearly not leave the system when nandrolone is still within the system, and especially at the levels that were in her positive urine samples.

So, she lied, and I'm betting she's not sufficiently intelligent enough to research the medical literature and produce this excuse. So, not only is it bad that she lied, but she was **INSTRUCTED** to lie by someone who should face a much worse punishment than she got.

I still disagree. Noted freelance writer/muckraker Jackson Hackerson uncovered the identity of whom Sesil 'did it' with. And boy is Steffi gonna be ****ed.
http://tinypic.com/iwnhpe.jpg

donnyz89
02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
she was hot too, what a talent go to waste. But I think if she is smart she will come back like the previous posts said. She is too talented.

Midlife crisis
02-09-2006, 08:28 PM
I still disagree. Noted freelance writer/muckraker Jackson Hackerson uncovered the identity of whom Sesil 'did it' with. And boy is Steffi gonna be ****ed.
http://tinypic.com/iwnhpe.jpg

If you believe that photo is evidence enough, and disagree with medical science that is well established and beyond doubt, then there is nothing else to be said.

Phil
02-09-2006, 08:43 PM
If you believe that photo is evidence enough, and disagree with medical science that is well established and beyond doubt, then there is nothing else to be said.

ROTFLMAO!

"Hrrrrumph...so THERE!"

Midlife crisis
02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
ROTFLMAO!

"Hrrrrumph...so THERE!"

Yeah, but don't I get bonus points for being nice about it? :mrgreen:

Deuce
02-10-2006, 12:30 AM
So, not only is it bad that she lied, but she was **INSTRUCTED** to lie by someone who should face a much worse punishment than she got.
Finally!! Someone who understands life.

For you idiots who are calling the kid "stupid" and other insulting names... well, you've demonstrated that you're nothing but totally ignorant morons.