PDA

View Full Version : <insert player who has success> on roids?

Surecatch
02-03-2006, 09:46 AM
:roll:

Discuss

menelaos
02-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Steroids do not help you become better player but they do allow you to recover......with the schedule being so crowded and lower ranked players looking to "cash in"..the likelihood of someone at the top being on steroids in slim...Puerta was a "one-time wonder" finalist....he had no impact in any other prestigious tournaments.

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 09:57 AM
how about Canas who did some damage in the master series events, rusedski at one time and Coria. Plus do we really know the details of how much testing is going on?

Grimjack
02-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Virtual certainties: Serena in her prime, most of Argentina

Probable: Agassi, Nadal

Possible: ~99% of professionals with agents smart enough to cut a deal or pursue undetectables

Doubtful: Lindsay Davenport

VictorS.
02-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Steroids do not help you become better player but they do allow you to recover......with the schedule being so crowded and lower ranked players looking to "cash in"..the likelihood of someone at the top being on steroids in slim...Puerta was a "one-time wonder" finalist....he had no impact in any other prestigious tournaments.

I definitely think steroids make you a better tennis player. They obviously don't give you better strokes or better timing. But tennis is such a physical game and oftentimes what separates players from winning grand slams is physical endurance and power. All these guys have the strokes....some better than others. But if you look at a tournament such as the french open and the physical prowess it takes....it doesn't surprise me to see a guy like puerta get caught.

legolas
02-03-2006, 11:17 AM
hmmm, serena? lol

menelaos
02-03-2006, 11:22 AM
I definitely think steroids make you a better tennis player. They obviously don't give you better strokes or better timing. But tennis is such a physical game and oftentimes what separates players from winning grand slams is physical endurance and power. All these guys have the strokes....some better than others. But if you look at a tournament such as the french open and the physical prowess it takes....it doesn't surprise me to see a guy like puerta get caught.

I don't think Puerta would ever win Wimbledon even if he was "on" the best steroids...they did help at the French and maybe a few other ones...but can't make him better than he was

Richie Rich
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Probable: Agassi, Nadal

heard that's why Nadal didn't play australian. on these boards and also (more recently) from a Canadian ex Davis Cupper. who knows at this point? i hope he isn't. how would it look - 2 players in the french open final on the juice.

katarddx
02-03-2006, 07:34 PM
i am doing all right...

MagicMT
02-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Henin-Hardenne, she's only 5'5.75" but somehow she can blast balls just as hard as bigger and stronger women like Davenport and Sharapova...

andfor
02-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Lubicic had to be on roids to have the success he experienced in the fall of 05. All those long 5 setters at the MS tournaments, winning the DC and all. What a roid head. Just look at his hair loss. He's obviously a user!