PDA

View Full Version : Who can hurt Federer?

Surecatch
02-03-2006, 09:49 AM
I personally believe that only Agassi, Safin and Nadal (and possibly Nalbandian) have the game to seriously hurt a Fed who is playing at 100%.

Discuss.

Grimjack
02-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Clay courts can hurt him, where his ability to hit his tour-best forehands on a dime from anyplace on the court is neutralized a bit, because hustling players can run those down anyway. It's the only surface where he has to outlast the other player instead of simply outplaying them. So the dirt's best players -- on the dirt -- can hurt him.

Injury can, but it's hard to put a face to that.

Among the ATP's other players? Nobody, for now.

tenalyser
02-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I agree with you on Nadal and Safin but Agassi, Nalbandian:confused: ? I don't think they have a chance when Roger is playing 100%. To be honest with you to win against Federer you have to play good ,very very good even when he is not 100% ( this years Australian open, 2005 US Open) and don't let Roger dictate the game. And Nadal has done that even to it was on clay Nadal didn't let Roger find his forehand and forced him to make a lot of unforced errors.

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 10:17 AM
I think Hulk Hogan, the Terminator and maybe Rocky in his prime can hurt Federer. In terms of tennis, Safin and Dre on Hard courts, lot of guys on Clay, and no one on grass. I think when Federer was born his crib had a grass court in it.

cruzersi99
02-03-2006, 10:22 AM
On the Hardcourts it will take someone with unbelievable physical talent, on a very good day. I think at this age Andre is too old. Safin if he can hold it together. Hass, at his best. Nadal perhaps. Even someone like J Johanson on his best day, and a Federer off day.

babbette
02-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I think Nadal:mrgreen: , Ljubicic, safin and possibly gasquet, qmurragy q(when he isn't being a baby) and nalbandian! and roddick :lol:

stalliondan
02-03-2006, 10:50 AM
roddick can hurt federer for a set but not more.

tenalyser
02-03-2006, 10:58 AM
I think Nadal:mrgreen: , Ljubicic, safin and possibly gasquet, qmurragy q(when he isn't being a baby) and nalbandian! and roddick :lol:

yeah and also add henman, berdych, hrbaty, djokovic, my little brother, the NYPD, Roger federer's evil twin Rugar and french chees. :roll:

babbette
02-03-2006, 11:12 AM
you guys I was kidding about roddick:D

ATXtennisaddict
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
yeah and also add henman, berdych, hrbaty, djokovic, my little brother, the NYPD, Roger federer's evil twin Rugar and french chees. :roll:

rofl I burst out laughing when I read "rugar and french chees"

Surecatch
02-03-2006, 11:15 AM
you guys I was kidding about roddick:D

If Roddick does what it takes to develop his game, he can be the major rival Rog doesn't have. Andy has the tools, he just hasn't found the right path to develop his game to the next level.

pound cat
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Well, we've compiled lists of a few players who are seeded here before. Baghdatis came out of the woodwork, and there will be others who will stand in his way before he accomplishes his goals. Names as yet to be discoverered.