PDA

View Full Version : NAT GUT questions for NoBadMojo and others

Ripper
02-03-2006, 10:12 AM
My current string experiments are going around two extremes. On one side, polys. On the other side, nat gut, with string savers...

Concerning nat gut, I want the nat gut that is the less dificult to string of all. And I want the nat gut that is the best at resisting dirt, heat and humidity. In other words, I want the nat gut with the thickest and toughest coating that exists (and I don't care about how much it alters nat gut's original feel). So, I'm thinking, maybe, the Babolats or the new Klip Legend with ArmourPro, but what others should I consider? That would be my first question.

Regarding the Babolat nat guts, I always thought that they all {VS Team, VS Touch and Tonic +} had the same Thermogut coating. However, NoBadMojo has mentioned in, at least, one of his posts, that VS Team has a different coating than the other Babolats, but I haven't been able to find any info backing this statement. Furthermore, this is TW's description of VS Team:

"Babolat's top of the line Natural Gut in a thin, spin responsive 17 gauge. Consistent winner of the USRSA String Survey for Playability. Used by top touring pros and players who demand ultimate feel and control. VS Natural Team Gut is constructed with a tighter gauge tolerance than any previous Babolat VS Natural Gut offering. Includes Thermogut Technology - a process of high temperature finishing that increases the cohesion of the fibers down to the core of the string."

So, at least, we know that, if VS Team is coated with something else, whatever that would be, it has Thermogut, too. Nevertheless, where can I find info on that other coating? P-L-E-A-S-E. NoBadMojo and others.

Stan
02-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Pacific Prime Natural Gut has a fairly thick coating. The Klip was also thick, but I haven't tried it with the new coating. IMO the Pacific blows away the (older coated) Klip in terms of performance.

NoBadMojo
02-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Ripper your answer is the upcoming Klip Legend Armourpro. The coating is thick and it resists conditons and holds tension better than anything i've ever played. It is also very easy to string especialy when pulling crosses. it's also a pretty cool white colour. I think TW may have this gut in stock soon..you may wish to query them.
The way I understand the plastic on the the VS Team is that it really isnt a coating..it's a sleeve..like a sausage casing they put over the gut core.
I've been using the Armourpro for a couple months now and it really is sweet..i wouldnt hesitate in recommending it to anyone

Ripper
02-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Ripper your answer is the upcoming Klip Legend Armourpro. The coating is thick and it resists conditons and holds tension better than anything i've ever played. It is also very easy to string especialy when pulling crosses. it's also a pretty cool white colour. I think TW may have this gut in stock soon..you may wish to query them.
The way I understand the plastic on the the VS Team is that it really isnt a coating..it's a sleeve..like a sausage casing they put over the gut core.
I've been using the Armourpro for a couple months now and it really is sweet..i wouldnt hesitate in recommending it to anyone

Thanks!

You can be sure I'll be checking out the Armourpro!

Can I ask you where you obtained the info on the VS Team coating/sleeve?

Ripper
02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Can I ask you where you obtained the info on the VS Team coating/sleeve?

Bumping this up for NoBadMojo.

bsandy
02-06-2006, 09:38 AM

You're kidding, right !

It's Babol Thermogut

. . . Bud

NoBadMojo
02-06-2006, 09:52 AM
You're kidding, right !

It's Babol Thermogut

. . . Bud

no..i'm not kidding.

Ripper
02-06-2006, 11:23 AM
no..i'm not kidding.

I hope I'm not annoying you with this, but how do you know this? Is this from your own observations?