PDA

View Full Version : Cannabis Cookies Cost Fischer Fine

tennisnj
02-03-2006, 09:13 AM
http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=14644&bannerregion=

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I think it's hilarious!

legolas
02-03-2006, 10:16 AM
i think its stupid, y smoke weed?

Rabbit
02-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Why smoke weed? Dude......

nice aliteration in the heading

pound cat
02-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Yes, it was discussed before. It put everyone to sleep.

GRANITECHIEF
02-03-2006, 10:47 AM
I bet he didn't inhale as he was eating the cookies.

Are the players allowed to drink alcohol? I see no difference except that alcohol is worse.

vllockhart
02-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Drug users are losers.

breakfast_of_champions
02-03-2006, 12:04 PM
maybe he was using the cannibis for medicinal purposes.

slice bh compliment
02-03-2006, 12:30 PM
i think its stupid, y smoke weed?

Exactly. Why smoke it when it is offered to you at a club in cookie form?!

I loved the line about Fischer not intending to have the cookies enhance his performance. Yeh .... maybe to enhance his performance on the dance floor.

buder
02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Just the other day my friend and I were debating weather the anti-drug TV campaigns were successful. We wondered if Nancy Reagan's Reefer Madness revolution was successful (Nancy tried to erase the 60's and turn back the clock to the days when Conservative Big Government put its greasy paternal paws all over our lifestyles (and our wombs) >> their broad anti-liberal social revolution was spiritually akin to their economic war against the working class. Lifestyles were criminalized, unions destroyed, social programs drained and the rich got richer. Funny thing: if they cared about human dignity and had faith in individual strength, they wouldn't need to make everything illegal; rather, they would let the individual decide. Legislating taste is "ok" for children, but I thought we were supposed to be free thinking individuals who were intelligent and mature enough to wrestle with Good and Evil by ourselves. Their method of strong paternalism is more than just Big Government, it creates kids who act not by virtue of complicated analysis, but reflex and slogan: "drugs are bad! freedom is on the march!". A new Dark Ages has begun! We are in the throws of quasi-biblical thinking where rules, floating dogmatically in the sky, are obeyed without thought, instead of constructed by humans who have the dignity and power to think and act for themselves. Perhaps the Conservatives will keep stealing elections so they can completely eliminate free thought. They can feed us commandments via soundbites about evil weeds and how bombing poor people in 3rd world countries is good).

Disclaimer: I personally do not use drugs, don't see the point, but I could care less what an adult chooses to do with his FREE time.

breakfast_of_champions
02-03-2006, 01:24 PM
its a dumb rule, or law(in some places). cigarettes or alcohol are as harmful or more,than reefer. many tennis players will swear they play better under the influence of weed. taxpayer dollars could be better spent.

disclaimer: i never exhaled.

slice bh compliment
02-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Can you imagine if the current drug policies and procedures were in place back in the seventies and eighties?

pound cat
02-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Ever read "The Seven Percent Solution" by A Conan Doyle? (1880)

Guess what, Sherlock Hoilmes was junkie.

Shattered dreams

Book available at your public library.