PDA

View Full Version : Mirka - Secretly Coaching Fed?

Z-Man
02-03-2006, 02:37 PM
I think we have all been in denial about Mirka's role in Fed's success. I'll bet during all of this time when Rodger had no coach or only occasional sessions with Tony Roche, Mirka was really helping him with his game and with scouting opponents. I always get a chuckle about the Mirka-bashing threads, and in fact my wife referrs to her as "Orca" the whale. However, I think there is a good chance she's a pulling a Brad Gilbert over at Club Fed. I wonder what kinds of bets she makes with Rodger--as in "If you win the French Open, I'll let you #*%!*# me in the #*$.

Grimjack
02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Right after commenting in another thread how I'd finally found a genuinely entertaining post, I come here and bump into this.

God, I need a martini.

ATXtennisaddict
02-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I think we have all been in denial about Mirka's role in Fed's success. I'll bet during all of this time when Rodger had no coach or only occasional sessions with Tony Roche, Mirka was really helping him with his game and with scouting opponents. I always get a chuckle about the Mirka-bashing threads, and in fact my wife referrs to her as "Orca" the whale. However, I think there is a good chance she's a pulling a Brad Gilbert over at Club Fed. I wonder what kinds of bets she makes with Rodger--as in "If you win the French Open, I'll let you #*%!*# me in the #*$.

rofl

pound cat
02-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I doubt if she was helping him with his ground strokes, but no doubt she does scout opponents (disguised as a hot dog vendor) and keeps Roger happy, well fed and positively focused (as well as making travel reservations, restaurant reservations, doing his income tax, getting him endorsements, etc. Lucky Roger. He never gives her public credit, but it's obvous she's the power behind the throne and I'm sure he listens to her every word. And Tony probably does too. She's one strong woman I think.

babbette
02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
nice one!! or i'll give you a ****job:D

rfprse
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
:)

Actually, one time Hewitt, I believe, answered in the same way to the "annoying" question from the reporters about his thought on why/how in the world Federer did so well without a coach. He told them as a joke (?) something like "maybe his girlfriend is a better coach than you think".

pound cat
02-03-2006, 03:51 PM
:)

Actually, one time Hewitt, I believe, answered in the same way to the "annoying" question from the reporters about his thought on why/how in the world Federer did so well without a coach. He told them as a joke (?) something like "maybe his girlfriend is a better coach than you think".

Hewitt isn't know for his great sense of humour. No doubt the players know how much she has helped him.

Docalex007
02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I've been seeing so much of Mirka lately, I think I'm falling in love with her.

pound cat
02-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I've been seeing so much of Mirka lately, I think I'm falling in love with her.

And Roger????

How interesting

Warriorroger
02-13-2006, 07:48 AM
And Roger????

How interesting
He made me the only bisexual in the village:p

Yours!05
02-13-2006, 07:50 AM
He made me the only bisexual in the village:pYeah but no but...

equinox
02-13-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm sure in her contract she has performance based incentives.

Warriorroger
02-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah but no but...

You know Vicky!!! I love you. :p :p

bsandy
02-13-2006, 07:55 AM
I think she's in charge of relieving internal pressure.

Yours!05
02-13-2006, 08:05 AM
You know Vicky!!! I love you. :p :pPlease Noooooo!:confused:

joe sch
02-13-2006, 08:14 AM
She is continually trying to improve his endurance ;)

Warriorroger
02-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Please Noooooo!:confused:

Yeah but, no but, I was talking to Nalbandian and he said he didn't know it,because he wasn't with Novotna at the Australian Open in 1987.

pound cat
02-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Right after commenting in another thread how I'd finally found a genuinely entertaining post, I come here and bump into this.

God, I need a martini.

Forget the vermouth. Just pour yourself some gin &/or vodka LOL

legolas
02-13-2006, 10:11 AM
well who knows, she maybe coaching roger, lol

Freedom
02-13-2006, 12:17 PM
I doubt she actually coahces him. Who could really coach Federer?

But she definetly works as his agent, setting up reservations and appointments, and scouting opponents.

Agent w/ benefits, though...

arosen
02-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Mirka takes care of Roger's mojo. With her around, his mojo is in...well, good hands. As for coaching, yeah, she probably gives him pep talks, like " you lose, you sleep on the couch".

arnz
02-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Roger is a good man. With all the fame, millions of dollars, contracts, he has stuck to his girlfriend who was with him when he wasn't famous or winning yet. Another man might have dumped her and gone for the supermodel as soon as the millions started pouring in.

I mean if Baghdatis (who is nowhere near as famous or as rich, and lets be honest, not the best looking guy out there), or Coria, or Sampras for that matter, can date (and marry) very beautiful women, I'm sure Roger can have hundreds of them.

All the immature boys in here, take note of what a champion he is, both in the court and out.

OK, I'm done with my sermon. All of you 16 year olds can start talking again about who the hottest female player is and which ATP player is bedding the supermodels :)

swisstruffles
02-13-2006, 03:43 PM
lol~
no doubt she is a strong presence in roger's camp. did u see during roger's emotional speech at the AO; mirca was just sitting there calm and composed as everything as her bf was sniffling on stage...i think they are a good complement to each other