PDA

View Full Version : You gotta be kidding me (not a tribute to Jmac)

proxemo666
02-04-2006, 11:47 PM
I am just coming back from a 2 month tennis hiatus. Last season I used a leaded prestige classic mid with a full TIMO 18 job strung at 62. Everything was fine....

Just getting back into it, I decided to change it up using a hybrid TIMO 18 @ 62 and VS Gut @ 62.

Now the inside of my elbow is killing me. I have never had tennis elbow before, but it feels like the symtoms of it. Is it because I havent played in a while or is it the strings? I thought VS gut was softer?

My question: What is a soft string for this racquet? Apparently going hybrid VS gut is killing me while full timo was fine last season. Should I lower the tension, take the lead off using this setup or just go back to all TIMO, or suck it up and see if the soreness will go away? They hybrid feels better (contact with the ball) than an all TIMO job but boy does leave my arm sore.

nViATi
02-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Try all gut.

dmastous
02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
You could also try a thicker string. 16 guage. Also, you could try a bit looser tension.

Rabbit
02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
You don't mention your normal tension. TIMO should be installed at 10% less than your normal.

Steve Huff
02-06-2006, 06:29 AM
I, too, would go with a thicker gauge at a lower tension. Rely on your strokes to get you the spin.

raftermania
02-06-2006, 10:41 AM
"Bad news for McEnroe" by Bill Scanlon isn't a tribute to Mac either. ;) ;) ;)

proxemo666
02-06-2006, 11:52 AM
I've always used TIMO 18 at 62lbs (including full timo job). I thought that if you use gut (i believe the vs gut TW is selling is 16 gage) at the normal tension, it would be a softer feel. So in addition to getting gut i have to lower the tension? On vs gut, timo or both?

I'll probably try an all gut setup with this racquet. Anyone recommend one that is cheaper than the vs gut? I'll play with the tension.