PDA

View Full Version : orthotic vs insole

courtrage
02-05-2006, 05:56 AM
whats the difference between an insole labeled as an orthotic vs just a regular insole?

Ronaldo
02-05-2006, 07:46 PM
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=368&topcategory=Foot
Most insoles are for normal feet, neutral without need for alignment.

Marius_Hancu
02-06-2006, 05:52 AM
I am using $30 Spenco full-length heel supports. Where you categorize them I don't care, they helped me get rid of my PF.

pistolpeege
02-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Has anyone felt the effect of increased stamia, and reduced fatigue after fitting orthotic insoles?

Maybe its the placebo effect, but since I fitted my arch supports, I feel a hell of a lot better towards the end of a match...

Pistol

tom-selleck
02-06-2006, 08:43 AM
my actual prescibed insoles were too hard....

spenco ones are nice.... i also had these red ones that molded to your feet (yoursole.ca yoursole.com or something like that)

the problem i had was that they didn't fit perfectly and end up with horrible callouses on back of feet (the doctor fitted ones fit perfectly but were very hard)

courtrage
02-06-2006, 10:46 AM
I am using $30 Spenco full-length heel supports. Where you categorize them I don't care, they helped me get rid of my PF.

marius, what about the spenco got rid of the PF...was it added cushion? arch?

i think you told me you havent used the osciallates without the spenco...i'd be interested in knowing if they help without insoles. its been so long since i had the oscillates, i cant remember if i had heel pain in them or not. I think i did, but that was over 5 years ago when i was in my early 20s so it probably didnt affect me that much...

Ronaldo
02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
tom, my 1st pair of orthotics were hard like styrene, podiatrist covered it with poron, flat spenco-like material. Btw, spenco makes a flat insole, which can add cushioning to an existing insole, cover your orthotics, or allow adding more arches or heelcups, Tulis, whatever allows pain-free tennis.

courtrage
02-06-2006, 01:37 PM
i also noticed the biggest problem happens in my left foot. i'm pretty sure its a tad bigger than right. asided from that, in highschool i had a guy land on the inside of it playing soccer and i think that messed it up...more likely to roll my left ankle is all...could that mean due to a weak ankle, my foot is feeling more pressure in bad spots?

PBODY99
02-06-2006, 01:49 PM
i also noticed the biggest problem happens in my left foot. i'm pretty sure its a tad bigger than right. asided from that, in highschool i had a guy land on the inside of it playing soccer and i think that messed it up...more likely to roll my left ankle is all...could that mean due to a weak ankle, my foot is feeling more pressure in bad spots?

I put up with rolling my ankles until I went to custom hard prescribed insoles. It took me a week to get use to the feel, now it don't leave home without them. They help if you have a major foot alingment issuse. A trip to the foot dr will at least get you an exact measurement.:cool:

tom-selleck
02-07-2006, 10:51 AM
i love (loved?? haven't seen them in awhile) my spenco's.. but maybe you want to get them too big and then cut them down.

i know they have more than one type of product too.

courtrage
02-07-2006, 12:34 PM
i just tried the sof sole graphite orthotic and drove to work for about 1.5hrs and when i got out of the car and walked to my office i took them out...they bothered my knees..i dont know if i need to wear them longer to get use to the or what...they specifically mention PF in their description...

Ronaldo
02-07-2006, 12:56 PM
courtrage, looks like you need this, http://www.sofsole.com/pages/sofsolefootscan/index.html

courtrage
02-08-2006, 05:21 AM
courtrage, looks like you need this, http://www.sofsole.com/pages/sofsolefootscan/index.html

you're my hero! :-) looks like i'll have to drive 70 miles to tampa, but its probably cheaper than seein a Dr :-D

thanks again

jamn73
02-08-2006, 08:48 AM
has anyone used walk-fit - tv commercial - i bought them, will let you know

Ronaldo
02-08-2006, 09:32 AM
jamn, do you mean those Phase 4 orthotics for $19.95. Felt like walking with a cue ball stuck in my arch. Should be BOG10 free. Probably used in Guantanamo Bay, eh?

courtrage
02-08-2006, 09:58 AM
jamn, do you mean those Phase 4 orthotics for $19.95. Felt like walking with a cue ball stuck in my arch. Should be BOG10 free. Probably used in Guantanamo Bay, eh?

thats the first thing i thought when he said it..i mean, would they sell it on TV if it didnt work? :-D

how long do you give an insole to soften up....tried the graphite orthotic and took them out after 5 minutes of walkin...