PDA

View Full Version : Angry Angry Roddick.

supersmash
02-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Andy gets ****ed off because of a line call.
Warning: Language.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Angry-Andy?v=zywAqPuy2Gc&search=roddick

chess9
02-05-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm glad no one ever accused all tennis players of having good judgment. Roddick is notorious for claiming balls that are clearly out are in. When is he going to learn? He's just a kid, but he's a pro.

Anyway, the human eye is incapable of making the kind of calls he's claiming to be able to make from the other side of the court.

-Robert
________
BDSM PUNISHMENT (http://www.****tube.com/categories/247/punishment/videos/1)

Volly master
02-05-2006, 08:08 AM
wow andy is such a tool

RiosTheGenius
02-05-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm glad no one ever accused all tennis players of having good judgment. Roddick is notorious for claiming balls that are clearly out are in. When is he going to learn? He's just a kid, but he's a pro.

Anyway, the human eye is incapable of making the kind of calls he's claiming to be able to make from the other side of the court.

-Robert
it doesn't matter he's right or wrong... who the hell does he think he is talking like that..... that chair empire is well respected on tour , he's really good actually.

156MPHserve
02-05-2006, 09:06 AM
I don't know... the truth of the fact is... we're in 2006... we definitely need electronic calls. Forget using it when players question... use it for EVERY point. Place speakers where linesman usually are, when a ball is out, the appropriate speaker will call OUT!

Honestly... in my opinion, most tennis players have very good eyes. Usually if a player doesn't usually question the lines much and he is very frustrated by the call, 90% of the time, he is accurate. There is also a 10% of the time where they're not sure but since it was a big call they will argue pretending they saw it.

Like when Maria robbed Hantuchova of the first set at AO, and then Henin saved a break AND made a held because of two bad calls, that was extremely not cool as well and thus ultimately lead to us having one of the most one-sided final for a while.

pound cat
02-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Imagine if big mouth Roddick and nasty Hewitt ever played doubles together. That would be somehting to hear.

RiosTheGenius
02-05-2006, 09:16 AM
I love your avatar!!!!.... that's an awesome shot of the best server out there. look at those shoulders, what can possibly go wrong with that!!!!!. can you e-mail me that shot???

legolas
02-05-2006, 10:38 AM
wow andy is such a tool
lol

DashaandSafin
02-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Oh yay another "lets show how disrespectful and Andy is a brat" thread. Seriously, we know that if almost any player on tour got a bad call, some words would be thrown around. I dont see anyone bashing Kiefer, that guy's temper is through the roof. Roddick may or may not have gotten a bad call, hes angry. Thats understandable.

Sheesh, this is why we need electric line calling, which will come into play later this year i think.

Chadwixx
02-05-2006, 12:11 PM
I wonder if 156 and dasha even watched the video? Come on guys, i know your big groupies but andy is an idiot in this situation.

Once again proving that andy can do no wrong in some people's eye's even with obvious proof.

diredesire
02-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I wonder if 156 and dasha even watched the video? Come on guys, i know your big groupies but andy is an idiot in this situation.

Once again proving that andy can do no wrong in some people's eye's even with obvious proof.

My thoughts exactly.

chess9
02-05-2006, 12:54 PM
156mphserve:

Humans have awful eyes. The best human eyes are coke bottle bottoms compared to an eagle's eyes, by way of one possible example. And, Rios is right. You don't dis an umpire like that. Talk about rooky moves....

-Robert
________
FIX PS3 (http://fixps3.info/)

devila
02-05-2006, 02:12 PM
You have to accept the truth. Roddick's mother talks to reporters as though her son's the product of her great parenting. But, she admitted that she liked seeing him with the spoiled, uneducated brat demeanor. She called it "natural." She also bragged, "He couldn't serve hard enough when he was little. The ball didn't hit the fence!"

No wonder he still can't play tennis and always tries to be extremely charitable and phoney.

DashaandSafin
02-05-2006, 04:28 PM

I did in fact watch the video. Dont tell me you havent seen other players do that. Kiefer, Malisse, Tarango, Agassi, the list goes on.
Ive seen numerous players shout and curse at the linesmen and umpire for a seemingly bad call. I dont blame any of them, I would too unless i was Roger Federer and sure that I was going to win.

Oh yea devila, when you donate that much money to charities then you can speak. Even if it is phony, its still donating money.

fishuuuuu
02-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Oh yea devila, when you donate that much money to charities then you can speak. Even if it is phony, its still donating money.

Agreed.

devila
02-05-2006, 04:41 PM
He can't win big matches with the multiple millions he was paid per year. That's more than he donated to charities.
Each coach he paid was rich and fantastic too.

Chadwixx
02-05-2006, 04:48 PM
I did in fact watch the video. Dont tell me you havent seen other players do that. Kiefer, Malisse, Tarango, Agassi, the list goes on.
Ive seen numerous players shout and curse at the linesmen and umpire for a seemingly bad call. I dont blame any of them, I would too unless i was Roger Federer and sure that I was going to win.

So you have online video of Kiefer, Malisse, Tarango and Agassi cursing excessivly at the chair umpire? If not we should stick to the original topic and comment on that.

Whats the point of him donating money? You can treat people like crap and cuss at them as long as your charitable? I dont see why your reaching so far to defend roddick, the video is proof, not really much debate on this topic.

tennisboy21
02-05-2006, 05:08 PM
this guy is so unclassy, he wont win another grand slam, he thinks he looks good with his backward cap weasle face and cross eyes.

hes a moron, ive seen him do this to loads of umpires.

AngeloDS
02-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Can you blame him? I think all players do; Federer is known for bullying linesmen and such. Same with a ton of other players.

When you're playing for the tens/hundreds of thousands. You obviously want to win, and you don't want screwups or such.

fishuuuuu
02-05-2006, 06:30 PM
So you have online video of Kiefer, Malisse, Tarango and Agassi cursing excessivly at the chair umpire? If not we should stick to the original topic and comment on that.

Whats the point of him donating money? You can treat people like crap and cuss at them as long as your charitable? I dont see why your reaching so far to defend roddick, the video is proof, not really much debate on this topic.

Nice try there ace. That's not what he meant, and you know it.

By the same hypocritical token, just because Kiefer, Malisse, Tarango and Agassi don't have these videos you assume they don't?

And something on the side, there is a video of Malisse going insane and yelling and swear and throwing racquets and intimidating linespeople, judges and officials.

Now that I've put you in your place, please, please, please shut up.

fishuuuuu
02-05-2006, 06:44 PM
http://videovat.com/videos/553/xavier-malisse-tennis.aspx

FEDEXP
02-05-2006, 06:46 PM
If Roddick's anger fueled better play then there would be an upside. However, that certainly isn't happenning at present.

Steve Dykstra
02-05-2006, 07:00 PM
I dont see anyone bashing Kiefer

People bash Kiefer all the time. What are you talking about?

Matthew
02-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Exacty. Is the money phoney? Hmmm...

In regards to the subject of the thread, gimme a break. I doubt you could find any player on tour who hasn't complained about a line call. It happens, I'm sure the players get emotional out there and when you get linesman/women seemingly not getting the calls right, I think its understandable to see any player say something about it. Its emotional moments like these when your personality comes out, and we all know Roddick is a sarcastic guy.

Noelle
02-05-2006, 07:36 PM
*yawn* We need more tennis on TV so we don't go back and rehash the same old issues again and again.

We need more new issues! :p

PM_
02-05-2006, 08:07 PM
it doesn't matter he's right or wrong... who the hell does he think he is talking like that..... that chair empire is well respected on tour , he's really good actually.
LMAO, he's really good at what???

devila
02-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Graff is really good at being a liar! Slow-minded, grumpy old man!

superman1
02-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Yeah, he was a pr*ck there, but so what? Being in a tense match and getting a call you think was bad will bring out the worst in anyone. I'm sure Roddick is a bit of a pr*ck in real life, but not to that degree. Most guys like to say a few curse words at the umpire, Roddick chooses to lecture them instead. Doesn't make him any better or worse. Why does the word pr*ck get censored?

Andy Hewitt
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
You guys can actually make out what they're saying?

jukka1970
02-05-2006, 10:39 PM
well I've got a few thoughts on this subject. yes it's true that Andy isn't the first tennis player to blow up, and I doubt the one that blows up most often, but what he did in that clip was uncalled for. Being angry is one thing, but he was beyond that. And it's not just him in all fairness.

The other thought is what a couple of people have mentioned. It is time to bring electronics into this game. Playbacks, and whatever that machine was they talked about at the australian open, true shot, or something like that. It does seem that umpires are getting worse these days, I sware everytime I'm watching a match one of them makes a horrible call. It's one thing to miss the ones where the ball touched the line by a hair, but to be missing ones that touched the inside of the line is ridiculous.

John

armand
02-05-2006, 10:53 PM
I remember last year at Wimbledon Federer was dominating Roddick and Federer was sure he'd gotten a bad call. He yelled "That ball was OUT!"+some other things which I don't remember.
Anyway, shotspot showed the ball well in. So if this can happen to someone of Federer's stature, accomplishments, temprament etc, I'm not surprised at Roddick's moderately ill tone/language.

devila
02-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Kinda like at Masters Cup. Federer nicely called Nalbandian a great player in a 1 on 1 interview, but as he benefitted from bad calls late in both tiebreaks (for example, when David lead *4-2), Federer couldn't care less because he won 2 sets. David looked at the line after Federer hit the ball near it, then Federer angrily screamed at him at the top of his lungs.
David won the next 2 sets easily, but Federer stared at his coach as if he was supposed to win in straight sets.

tenalyser
02-06-2006, 12:31 AM
I remember last year at Wimbledon Federer was dominating Roddick and Federer was sure he'd gotten a bad call. He yelled "That ball was OUT!"+some other things which I don't remember.
Anyway, shotspot showed the ball well in. So if this can happen to someone of Federer's stature, accomplishments, temprament etc, I'm not surprised at Roddick's moderately ill tone/language.

Please stop lying, I know you dislike federer but that doesn't mean you have the right to make false accusations.

BTW:I have that match on DVD and the only one who yells in that match is Roddick when he got totally outplayed by Federer he even trowed his racket.

denver82
02-06-2006, 12:48 AM
None of this would happen if the umpire could penalise a player for abusing an official. If only the ATP or WTA can fine these players for abusive bahaviour then they won't care. If a player risks being penalised a game or even forfeiting the match by the chair umpire then the situation will change.

kbg
02-06-2006, 01:08 AM

Are you talking about the 2005 Wimbledon Final? I have that on DVD as well and I can assure you that nowhere in that match does Federer even talk to the umpire (Wayne McEwan) or the linespeople: in fact, Federer never even says a word or makes a sound until the very end when he won the damn thing. Roddick was the one making all the fuss, throwing his racket and such.

Docalex007
02-06-2006, 02:25 AM
wow andy is such a tool

Why is "tool" a good word to describe Andy in this situation? I have heard the word "tool" used in so many threads and almost always improperly. I think people say it to sound cool.

thn
02-06-2006, 03:09 AM
http://videovat.com/videos/553/xavier-malisse-tennis.aspx

omg, never saw an player so furious, is xavier relativ to mc enroe or what? did he never get a violation from the atp for his actions?

The Pusher Terminator
02-06-2006, 04:50 AM
I love that stuff. I wish there was more of that in Tennis today. I am sick of boring sensitive champions like Fed. Bring on Roddick & Hewitt & Keifer!! I love it!

DashaandSafin
02-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Exactly, thank you fishuuu. Sorry Chadwixx i dont have videos or pictures of players yelling at linesman but trust me, they have.
And i am defending Roddick. There is no shame or disgrace in doing it. Why am i doing it? Not because im some stupid American groupie. Im doing it because im sick of seeing just about everyone bash on him. So what if he blows up once or twice? Ive still think hes a great player, (no.3) and he deserves respect. Not any of this garbage.

RiosTheGenius
02-06-2006, 06:12 AM
LMAO, he's really good at what???
he's good at what he does ...lol

armand
02-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Are you talking about the 2005 Wimbledon Final? I have that on DVD as well and I can assure you that nowhere in that match does Federer even talk to the umpire (Wayne McEwan) or the linespeople: in fact, Federer never even says a word or makes a sound until the very end when he won the damn thing. Roddick was the one making all the fuss, throwing his racket and such.Sorry, for some reason I remembered it being the final. Anyway, I'm sure this happened sometime during Wimbledon 2005. And I think it was one of the latter rounds, into week 2.
No one else remembers?

Noelle
02-06-2006, 07:24 AM
omg, never saw an player so furious, is xavier relativ to mc enroe or what? did he never get a violation from the atp for his actions?He was defaulted from the match shown in that video, if I remember correctly...

Rabbit
02-06-2006, 07:34 AM
He was indeed defaulted and I believe leading in that match. Maybe I've seen Aerosmith too many times in concert, but I didn't hear that many expletives from Roddick in the video link provided. Seems to me he was getting on the umpire pretty hard, but from what I've seen of some of these matches, they deserve it.

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Amazing the depths people will go to defend their favorite player, they will disreguard the video in the original topic and drift off into their own new topic. I believe its called ADD.

Fishuu is a moron dasha, read some of his other posts. He also didnt sum up anything, he simply present a video of xavier getting mad (which isnt in english and i may have heard 1 cuss word not sure). I guess in his world if someone else acts that way it justify's andys behaviour in this situation. I think that alone shows how dumb he is.

Btw, what did andy receive as punishment for his tiraid? Xavier was defaulted, was andy even docked one point?

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 08:11 AM
By the same hypocritical token, just because Kiefer, Malisse, Tarango and Agassi don't have these videos you assume they don't?

I dont think a statement can be anymore ignorant. I guess in fish's world everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Someone doesnt have something, i assume they dont, and im wrong? Lol is all i can say at that.

tangerine
02-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Good job, Andy. Continue to bawl out idiot chair umps who are dumb enough to overrule line calls on the far side of the court (i.e., the blind spot that chair umps cannot see). We need more pr*cks like Roddick to stand up to these hobos. :cool:

Fee
02-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Will anyone be uploading any of the comments from Malisse or Haas in Delray beach final on Sunday, or would that blow the argument that Andy is the only player on the planet that gets mouthy with chair umpires?

Yeah, that's what I thought...

Journeyman
02-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Hahaha, I love Andy Roddick. The only thing in that video that bothered me was the fact that somebody videotaped it from their t.v with a camera. What the... come on, that's just...

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Will anyone be uploading any of the comments from Malisse or Haas in Delray beach final on Sunday, or would that blow the argument that Andy is the only player on the planet that gets mouthy with chair umpires?

Yeah, that's what I thought...

You may wanna take a look at the first post in this thread, the topic starter never stated andy is the only one. Dasha and fish said andy is not the only one doing this, no one said he is the only one acting this way. Also, click the link in the first post then read the peoples comments. I have no idea where this "andy is the only one doing this" came from, delusional posters.

Its amazing how dim roddick fans are, you point to an apple and they start talking about watermelons.

Bad behavior doesnt jusitfy bad behavior, get it?

Also, why wasnt andy penalized for his comments?

Fee
02-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Are you talking to me? I never said bad behavior justifies bad behavior.

I have no idea why Andy wasn't penalized. Write to the chair umpire and ask him. :)

legolas
02-06-2006, 10:47 AM
this guy is so unclassy, he wont win another grand slam, he thinks he looks good with his backward cap weasle face and cross eyes.

hes a moron, ive seen him do this to loads of umpires.
lol true

norcal
02-06-2006, 10:49 AM
When I clicked on the link I expected a profanity laced tirade not a guy giving the chair ump a hard time during a changeover. I doubt the crowd could even hear it. Good behavior? No. Big deal? No.

devila
02-06-2006, 11:06 AM
It is a big deal. Why? Because he's a clueless baby who either has to find out why he dislikes working with the right coach or retire because he's in a sport for the wrong reason and he's not doing what it takes to win.
Geniuses forgot to teach that letting indignant rage out for several minutes, only wastes energy and causes him to lose.

DashaandSafin
02-06-2006, 12:10 PM
It is a big deal. Why? Because he's a clueless baby who either has to find out why he dislikes working with the right coach or retire because he's in a sport for the wrong reason and he's not doing what it takes to win.
Geniuses forgot to teach that letting indignant rage out for several minutes, only wastes energy and causes him to lose.
And you waste energy and time bashing him when nobody cares at all.
Sure its bad behaviour/language but really who cares? Dont tell me you have Chadwixx have never cursed in your life.

BTW, hes not going to retire, hes no.3 in the world.

Oh yea, how do you know Roddick did not get penalized? Maybe he was fined after the match.

Count Grishnackh
02-06-2006, 12:20 PM
omg, never saw an player so furious, is xavier relativ to mc enroe or what? did he never get a violation from the atp for his actions?

Wow, someone actually recorded that? I was at that match in Miami last year, just wandering aorund the outside courts and I remember catching somehere in the middle of the second set and at 5-5 Malisse down a set was defaulted by the chair umpire for I think "spitting" in the direction of the linesperson. Man he lost it that day, I've never been that angry on a court but I can't really get on Malisse's case. These guys work their butts off and some line judge goes up to a chair and rats out the player likes its kindergarten. I remember him saying that he was ****ed because he didn't even say anything bad. I saw a few spectators go near the ref practically cursing him out for ruining the match by defaulting a player and since people like Hewitt can berate line judges for his foot faults and no one does anything to him because he's a top 5 player. I mean that was a nasty event that day, Kiefer and Hewitt would be jealous of that tirade. Either way, I couldn't go away, kinda like a accident scene, you just can
t help but get involved.

Steve Dykstra
02-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I finally was able to view the video. I agree with the bashers of Roddick on this one. That was pretty disrespectful of him to talk to the umpire like that. I am not saying that Roddick is the worst out there, others are worse. However, just because other players behave like a-holes does not mean it is ok for Roddick to do.

156MPHserve
02-06-2006, 02:10 PM

Chad, I know YOU'RE a big Andy-basher. I'd like you to read my post once more very carefully.

Did I ever give my opinion on the subject? No. I said I didn't know what to think about this one.

In my eyes, I thought he went too far because there's really not much the umpire can do. Yet I can imagine being frustrated, not only pros but WE would probably do something like that. Yeah, stop looking at the pros a pointing... we're people just like them! So, I didn't want to bash him but I didn't defend him either.

I just thought... man... we already have the damn technology developped, USE it so that everyone can play on a fair level without doubt of the calls.

Just because I'm not BASHING Andy like you'd like everyone to, doesn't mean I was defending him. And diredesire backed him up too... funny how perception changes the truth.

fishuuuuu
02-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I dont think a statement can be anymore ignorant. I guess in fish's world everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

Someone doesnt have something, i assume they dont, and im wrong? Lol is all i can say at that.

Nice try again, straw man.

It's completely ironic that this statement is coming from you. You're up to your neck in ******** and now you're trying to splash it all over these boards. Just face it, no one cares what you think, mostly because its wrong and 'ignorant.'

You may wanna take a look at the first post in this thread, the topic starter never stated andy is the only one. Dasha and fish said andy is not the only one doing this, no one said he is the only one acting this way. Also, click the link in the first post then read the peoples comments. I have no idea where this "andy is the only one doing this" came from, delusional posters.

Its amazing how dim roddick fans are, you point to an apple and they start talking about watermelons.

Bad behavior doesnt jusitfy bad behavior, get it?

Hey stupid! We didn't state that bad behavior justifies other similiar behaviors! Get it? It's funny how when you mention Roddick, they get aroused and can't wait to go home and bash him on an online forum!

Familiar?

Also, why wasnt andy penalized for his comments?

Also, the chair umpire reserves judgement over all matters on the court, regardless of what your insignificant brain thinks should happen, got it?

But now I'm tired of wasting valuable bandwidth on you, there are better things to cut down on.

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Nice try again, straw man.

It's completely ironic that this statement is coming from you. You're up to your neck in ******** and now you're trying to splash it all over these boards. Just face it, no one cares what you think, mostly because its wrong and 'ignorant.' But I'm tired of wasting valuable bandwidth on you, there are better things to cut down on.

Ya, your input has been invaluable.

"don't have these videos you assume they don't"

With comments like those i dont think your in any position to be talking down to me.

I will say you have good choice in strings, the gosen polyon is great. If you get a chance check out their new sp polyon.

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey stupid! We didn't state that bad behavior justifies other similiar behaviors! Get it?

So whats the point of posting an video of malisse throwing a tantrum on the court? Mentioning agassi, kiefer and others behavior has what relevance to this thread?

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 03:04 PM
Chad, I know YOU'RE a big Andy-basher. I'd like you to read my post once more very carefully.

I didnt really get on andy in this thread. My main gripe was with the roddick fans denial to the reality of the situation.

The shotspot/hawkeye technology isnt ready yet, you cant use something unless its like 99.9% accurate. Another probelm would be the cost, you cant just have it on the marquee courts, every court in the facility would have to have it, and from what i hear its not cheap. Probably not as expensive as the 999fps mac cam though. From the video i didnt see if the ball was in or out, im only commenting on the reaction from andy in the video.

morganman
02-06-2006, 03:17 PM
The shotspot/hawkeye technology isnt ready yet, you cant use something unless its like 99.9% accurate. .

then why are we using people they arent even close to 99 percent accurate.

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 03:23 PM
People are still more accurate than that shotspot, i remember one replay showing the ball hit the service line, the real time replay shows the ball 2 feet behind the service line. Plus they say its like a consistent 2cm off, something about the way the ball presses down when it hits the ground.

Btw, i dont think you will find one tennis player who will argue against getting all the calls right. I think they need to put something on the lines, to give the computer a better idea of the boundries so it can be more accurate.

Chadwixx
02-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Lets stop acting like andy is a choir boy, in his epic match vs el anoyui at the AO, younis was serving at 18-17 duece, he hit a shot on the line to andys backhand side which would have given him a match point serving. The ball clearly hit the line yet it was called out. How did younis handle this situation? Did he berate the chair umpire or take it like a professional?

Sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesnt, many people have said one point doesnt make a match.

Bad calls have been happening since tennis began (no one has proven this was a bad call btw, the video footage only shows andys reaction).

arosen
02-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Yep, Younes Alanaui is a classy guy, and only a few players on tour would go as far as Roddick and call Lars Graf "phucking useless". Lars is actually really good compared to other empires and he always tries to keep the players happy as much as he can. Maybe Safin is right and Andy "lost it" in a big way once he got a lot of cash in his pocket.

superman1
02-06-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that Roddick has an ego, but in the heat of a match you can't judge a person. On that episode of Punk'd he didn't seem like that much of an ***.

Fee
02-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Yep, Younes Alanaui is a classy guy, and only a few players on tour would go as far as Roddick and call Lars Graf "phucking useless". Lars is actually really good compared to other empires and he always tries to keep the players happy as much as he can. Maybe Safin is right and Andy "lost it" in a big way once he got a lot of cash in his pocket.

Yeah, Lars was really excellent when he overruled a matchpoint on the one spot on court that was as far away from him as possible and almost everybody in the BUILDING knew that ball was in and.... (grumble, grumble, grumble, so what if it was a year ago...).

I like Lars, but I have a beef with him... No chair umpire is perfect, and just about every player gets mouthy with them at some point during the year. Whoop de doo.

devila
02-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Younes won the 3rd set in Australia after a bad call against Roddick. Younes did not serve for the match at any time. Some one forgot the "reality of the match."
There were several bad calls against Roddick, throughout the 2nd set in Madrid, which Graff ignored. It was obvious to a non-Roddick fan who watched it.

Federer, Hewitt, Agassi, Malisse, Kiefer, etc. are no saints either. Roddick can't handle the reality of tennis. There are careless umpires, linesmen and crowds. Miserable players should get the job done and quit faking how much they love working in a job they hate...or QUIT tennis,so we don't waste time watching!

str33t
02-06-2006, 07:32 PM
i hate his guts. wasnt the umps problem.

Lee
02-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Andy Roddick is so charismatic that even when he is mad, he is still very articulate

grimmbomb21
02-06-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that Roddick has an ego, but in the heat of a match you can't judge a person. On that episode of Punk'd he didn't seem like that much of an ***.

It's hard to act like a jerk and scream at people when your sitting in the back seat of a limo about to ***** all over yourself.:mrgreen:
That was a great prank!

Anyway, about the topic. I like roddick for the most part. But the *****ing and moaning about the line calls has gotten old lately. It's not like his opponents aren't getting their share of bad line calls. It's the way it is. And NOBODY should be allowed to sit there and cuss out an offical. The ATP should adopt something along the lines of the NBA's technical foul rule. But we all know that isn't going to happen!

gaspard
02-06-2006, 11:10 PM
I think in the world, we revere celebrities far too much. The fact that someone has worked hard and achieved success in some area, should not entitle them to treat others like crap. Tennis players are bloody fortunate. There are people dying and starving out there. Anyone who is as fortunate as Roddick, ought to always carry a health dose of perspective with them. It just looks totally ridiculous to go ape on one line call in a tennis match, especially if it is close.

I would absolutely love it if umpires talked back to players. Imagine,'Hey listen buddy! Nobody is perfect, including you. The call is too close for me to overrule. Stop behaving like a spoilt child and get on with the match. Any more lip from you sonny boy, and you lose a point'. This would be just perfect. I think umpires should be entitled to be rude if players are rude to them. They are far too timid. Ironically, an umpire who took this approach would become a celebrity overnight. Does anyone know the rules. I don't think there is a rule that prevents umpires from doing this.

Gaspard

andfor
02-07-2006, 06:00 AM

I would absolutely love it if umpires talked back to players. Imagine,'Hey listen buddy! Nobody is perfect, including you. The call is too close for me to overrule. Stop behaving like a spoilt child and get on with the match. Any more lip from you sonny boy, and you lose a point'. This would be just perfect. I think umpires should be entitled to be rude if players are rude to them. They are far too timid. Ironically, an umpire who took this approach would become a celebrity overnight. Does anyone know the rules. I don't think there is a rule that prevents umpires from doing this.

Gaspard

There may be no rules about umpires talking back to players in the manner you describe. Heck there's probably no rule against them getting out of the chair and fighting the player. Although it would be funny if they did they would most likely get fired or suspended. Just a little double standard, ya think? It's up to the umpires to show some spine and enforce the rules when any player whatever their ranking is displays gross disregard for the code.

If the umpires enforced the proper penalties in these worst examples of poor behavior we would not have these conversations or at least we would be talking about how great defaulting (insert players name) was for the game.

Conversly we want players with personality, flair, a fire in their belly etc. It's a fine line sometimes deciding when to enforce the rules and ultimately default a player and letting them show emotion or behave badly.

Take your pick. I guess the only way to know is to get in the chair yourself in front of thousands and make those decisions then. Bet it's not that easy.

vllockhart
02-07-2006, 06:29 AM
Andy gets ****ed off because of a line call.
Warning: Language.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Angry-Andy?v=zywAqPuy2Gc&search=roddick

Whoa, he's cussing out Lars Graf like that? What ever happened to respect for your elders?

These guys need to learn that the chair ump really has to go with the call about 95 percent of the time. They only overrule clear mistakes. The guys on the lines are more responsible for the calls.

But this sounds more like overall frustration at how his tennis has been coming along in the last couple of years than actually being that upset about one call.

devila
02-07-2006, 12:28 PM
That's exactly correct. Roddick is coddled and treated like a Charity Hero by his whining mom. Soon after he helped people at a Rome hotel that was on fire, she immediately boasted about her son to make him look heroic.
She made him play tennis even though he didn't think he was coached well enough and he didn't think he was good enough to be a professional.
In 2000, Agassi gave Roddick the idea of starting a charity foundation. Roddick's mother became the charity manager and pressured him to "give back to the community." Roddick used the charity to distract himself from tennis training. He refuses to concentrate 100% on tennis.

DashaandSafin
02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok guys this is one instance. Try finding another video of Roddick acting this way. Again, it probably happened in the heat of the moment.

As to you devila, why dont you go pick up a racquet and play pro tennis, since you are openly against every single ATP player on tour.

andfor
02-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Ok guys this is one instance. Try finding another video of Roddick acting this way. Again, it probably happened in the heat of the moment.

As to you devila, why dont you go pick up a racquet and play pro tennis, since you are openly against every single ATP player on tour.

I agree. Or maybe he could get a job as a ATP chair upmire and see how easy it is or how long he would last on his high-horse up there.

This post is chalk full of bashing, mere speculation and rubbish. So much so it would be way to time consuming to counter all the BS. Folks around here act like this is the first time a pro has ever acted this way.

Lighten up.

Chadwixx
02-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Ok guys this is one instance. Try finding another video of Roddick acting this way.

That comment is as sad as when i linked andfor to a national article that said directly roddick received special treatment and was proven. Sadly enough it took 9 pages and andfor still didnt get it.

If we find anothe video would you require a third video dasha?

For non roddick fans you two guys come to his aid everytime someone has a negative comment towards him. I think your credibility is laughable because you deny the fact that your a fan yet look at your post history.

No comment on the video andfor? Thats not surprising.

"Folks around here act like this is the first time a pro has ever acted this way. "

So that makes his behavior acceptable? Lol, your not really that dim are you? You sound like a little kid arguing with his sister, "she did it so its ok for me".

norcal
02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Riddle me this Chadwixx - if the draws are all rigged in Roddicks favor (as you claim) why would the ATP (or whomever you feel is behind the conspiricy of rigging draws for Roddick) not rig the chair umpire? It would be easy:

Conspiritor: Lars - Look, we've rigged the draw for Andy but he sucks so bad I want you to overrule any close calls that go against Andy, heck even if it's not that close. We'll rig shotspot too to confirm your felonious overrule.

Lars: Cool, now I won't have to deal with that cross eyed ferret face yelling at me anymore.

Conspiritor: And don't forget your tinfoil hat!

Lars: Check.

Chadwixx
02-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Riddle me this Chadwixx - if the draws are all rigged in Roddicks favor (as you claim) why would the ATP (or whomever you feel is behind the conspiricy of rigging draws for Roddick) not rig the chair umpire? It would be easy:

Conspiritor: Lars - Look, we've rigged the draw for Andy but he sucks so bad I want you to overrule any close calls that go against Andy, heck even if it's not that close. We'll rig shotspot too to confirm your felonious overrule.

Lars: Cool, now I won't have to deal with that cross eyed ferret face yelling at me anymore.

Conspiritor: And don't forget your tinfoil hat!

Lars: Check.

The real question is why wasnt andy penalized for his actions. Seems to be a double standard with famous amercian players. Like when capriati was playing hingis at the ao and she dropped the F word twice on a live broadcast. Yet she received no penalty, much like in this situation.

Btw Dasha, your 2nd case will be andy vs bracilli at last years wimbledon.

Thanks for chiming in though norcal, another off topic post with ignorance for the original topic. Keep up the good work trolling my posts.

DashaandSafin
02-08-2006, 01:24 PM
The real question is why wasnt andy penalized for his actions. Seems to be a double standard with famous amercian players. Like when capriati was playing hingis at the ao and she dropped the F word twice on a live broadcast. Yet she received no penalty, much like in this situation.

Btw Dasha, your 2nd case will be andy vs bracilli at last years wimbledon.

Thanks for chiming in though norcal, another off topic post with ignorance for the original topic. Keep up the good work trolling my posts.
It seems like everyone who refutes your posts is considered a troll by your standards. :rolleyes: BTW, i looked through your search history alos and what do i find? Andy Roddick bashing + rigged draws yadda yadda.

I guess I am as much as an Andy lover as you are an Andy basher huh.

andfor
02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
That comment is as sad as when i linked andfor to a national article that said directly roddick received special treatment and was proven. Sadly enough it took 9 pages and andfor still didnt get it.

If we find anothe video would you require a third video dasha?

For non roddick fans you two guys come to his aid everytime someone has a negative comment towards him. I think your credibility is laughable because you deny the fact that your a fan yet look at your post history.

No comment on the video andfor? Thats not surprising.

"Folks around here act like this is the first time a pro has ever acted this way. "

So that makes his behavior acceptable? Lol, your not really that dim are you? You sound like a little kid arguing with his sister, "she did it so its ok for me".

Funny you mention someone elses lack of credibility. As if like a little kid would think, if I say it first others will think it's true. You and your best friend Barry have the least amount of credibility of anyone on the board and I by no means think that in a vacum. You're such a goof ball.

As for your "Roddick gets such special treatment", whine. I said, and if you want to look it up go ahead, that all top players get special treatment. You for some strange reason think that some guy who barely made qualies should get what Agassi, Roddick, Sampras and Federer get in treatment from the tournament directors. That's just dense man..............

As for the subject of Roddick and the video. I never condoned his behavior. You jumped to conclusions and instantly judged me as thinking Roddick in the video was OK. It was pretty sad behavior. After 5 pages of bashing the guy what good is my bashing him also at that point when I joined in? I have seen it many times from lots of players and I've seen it worse. Mac, Connors, Tarango, Becker, Aggasi, Nastase, Muster just to name the usual suspects. Gilbert was pretty bad at times and if memory serves be correct so was David Pate(now there's a guy you would want to have the same treatment at a pro tournament as Sampras, lol). Anyway, I am sure you want videos of all of those players and their bad behavior so we can bash them.

Again, lighten up. Stop taking yourself so seriously it's not good for your health. You're not half the expert you think you are. When you realize that you'll be on your way to inner peace. ;)

Chadwixx
02-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Let me know when your back in orlando, i got a new ncode waiting to get a piece of you :)

andfor
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Let me know when your back in orlando, i got a new ncode waiting to get a piece of you :)

I was thinking the exact same thing. I got a new Tecnifibre needing broke in myself. There's only one way to settle this, on the court. :)

Noelle
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm hawking tickets for the andfor-DashaandSafin vs. Chadwixx-barry tagteam beatdown. :D

Seriously, Roddick-bashing seems to be a very popular sport here.

Love40
02-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I like Andy, but he is acting like a spoiled jerk in that video. Have some class for God's sake.

randomname
02-08-2006, 06:56 PM
who decided that public figures need to be held to a higher standard than everyone else? it's freaking ok if he has a temper, i doubt very many people could really keep their cool in that situation.

edit: and no, caring about the world and having a temper arnt mutually exclusive, it is possible for him to do both.

rommil
02-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Maybe because there were not a lot of people watching as opposed to playing in a stadium. I get this feeling Roddick shows off at times and gets carried away.

Chadwixx
02-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Seriously, Roddick-bashing seems to be a very popular sport here.

Well if you watch the video there really isnt anything you can say positive about the way he acted, unless you go out on a limb and say he didnt smash his rackets.

andfor, i got the first serve around 120 now with new racket. My topspin goes above your shoulder and slice to the ankle. It will be fun watching you run side to side gasping for air, i wont hit winners on you, instead placing them just out of reach so you keep fighting :)

156MPHserve
02-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Well if you watch the video there really isnt anything you can say positive about the way he acted, unless you go out on a limb and say he didnt smash his rackets.

andfor, i got the first serve around 120 now with new racket. My topspin goes above your shoulder and slice to the ankle. It will be fun watching you run side to side gasping for air, i wont hit winners on you, instead placing them just out of reach so you keep fighting :)

seeing how much you seem to think your new equipment has improved your playing, i think you will be quite a disappointment in real life.

nobody says roddick is a good person for doing what he did in the video. but i do think that in those circumstances, any person would easily lose his cool. i would be first one to say, "YO ****er up there! WATCH THE DAMN BALL NEXT TIME! THAT'S WHAT YOU GET PAID FOR ISN'T IT? I'm playing for everything on the line and you're screwing me over by not giving the correct calls so **CK YOU!"

andfor
02-09-2006, 05:20 AM

I'm scared. Sounds like you should be on the tour. You won't get to play your little baseline game against me. Dream on.

Andres
02-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Any bets? What are the odds??

(I WAAAANT SOMEEEE FREEEE MONEY!!!) :mrgreen:

Grigollif1
02-09-2006, 12:32 PM
This one is even Worst of Xavier Malisse. http://www.youtube.com/w/Taking-Tennis-Way-Serious?v=r9l67aB8XDc&search=taking%20tennis

Yeah, I don't know why the cair empires take it all so Passively. If I was a chair empire I wouldn't let These guys speak with me in this manner.

Andres
02-09-2006, 12:38 PM
That's the most fantastic outburst i've ever seen!!
hehe, Mr. Xavier rocks!! :mrgreen:

Chadwixx
02-09-2006, 03:40 PM
seeing how much you seem to think your new equipment has improved your playing, i think you will be quite a disappointment in real life.

Im on the court 6 days a week, i dont think there will be any dissappointment, i know what i can do. Unlike 95% of the people posting here i actually make a living off tennis.

Btw i live in florida, we can play tennis here year round. It must be tough up there in canada.

andfor, i look like a pro when i hit. People often comment and stay to watch me play when im messing around. Stroke wise i maybe around pro, fitness wise im a club player :)

DashaandSafin
02-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Im on the court 6 days a week, i dont think there will be any dissappointment, i know what i can do. Unlike 95% of the people posting here i actually make a living off tennis.

Btw i live in florida, we can play tennis here year round. It must be tough up there in canada.

andfor, i look like a pro when i hit. People often comment and stay to watch me play when im messing around. Stroke wise i maybe around pro, fitness wise im a club player :)
That cant be true unless you think you are "flashy" like a pro. If i had the strokes/footwork of Roger Federer then i could be as good as Roger Federer, unless i had extremly bad conditioning...

So you look like a pro when you hit eh? So how do you fare in matches?

Also, are you above 5.0?

Chadwixx
02-09-2006, 06:02 PM
That cant be true unless you think you are "flashy" like a pro. If i had the strokes/footwork of Roger Federer then i could be as good as Roger Federer, unless i had extremly bad conditioning...

So you look like a pro when you hit eh? So how do you fare in matches?

Also, are you above 5.0?

id say 5.5/6.0. I have very smooth strokes, one of the best serve's and one handers around, as far as looks. Very simliar to fed's. Semi high toss and a nice one hander i can come over or slice. Im even flattening out the high ones now with accuracy instead of having to slice.

I played number #1 in college for two years and only lost once reg season (had accident the day before, head on, but wasnt too bad. Combinded with the 6 hour bus ride it wasnt good tennis). Losing in the tournament to the same guy twice, 1st year he won nationals, 2nd lost in semi to the guy who won it. 6'4 sweded baseliner with a good serve, he kept everything like a foot or two inside basline so it was very hard to attack him.

DashaandSafin
02-10-2006, 11:23 AM
What college did you play at?

6.0? Wow so you played a bit on the pro circut in assuming? Some Futures and stuff?

Freedom
02-10-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't like Andy Roddick.

Alexaggie
02-10-2006, 11:28 AM
wow....that added alot to the discussion. Thanks for that;)

Volly master
02-10-2006, 11:47 AM
This one is even Worst of Xavier Malisse. http://www.youtube.com/w/Taking-Tennis-Way-Serious?v=r9l67aB8XDc&search=taking%20tennis

Yeah, I don't know why the cair empires take it all so Passively. If I was a chair empire I wouldn't let These guys speak with me in this manner.

amazing =), i love it

kirkballz65
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Chadwixx!! I need to get ahold of you. Just so you don't think this is spam I'll give you a hint...

Clan DKS
windforce
amazon

Give me an email... kirkballz65#gmail#com

fishuuuuu
02-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Chadwixx!! I need to get ahold of you. Just so you don't think this is spam I'll give you a hint...

Clan DKS
windforce
amazon

Give me an email... kirkballz65#gmail#com

LOL @ D2 References

kirkballz65
02-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Yep, thats what its about.

chaa/pp

legolas
02-10-2006, 05:06 PM
what a dork, lol

kirkballz65
02-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Says the guy named legolas with a legolas 'tar. :mad:

fishuuuuu
02-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Says the guy named legolas with a legolas 'tar. :mad:

'tis true love, with you and Chadwixx

DashaandSafin
02-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Haha thats the funniest thing ive ever seen you say Chad...
His myspace is a bit...off colour:p

BTW. Lego are you a girl or guy. Honest question.

Chadwixx
02-11-2006, 05:27 PM
They deleted my post darnit

Kirk give me an email at chadwixx2@hotmail.com if i have played d2 with you before.

Rest isnt really needed

kirkballz65
02-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Don't worry. I saw your post and gave you an email a few hours ago, surprised you havent got it yet.