View Full Version : What's the purpose of lead tape?
02-28-2004, 09:35 PM
I have several question about lead tape.
I have Babolat PD std, and I've heard a lot of people put lead tape on their racquet especially PD.
1. What's the purpose of lead tape?
2. Where's the best place to put them? and how much?
3. Can you take it off once you put it on?
02-28-2004, 11:03 PM
1) add weight
2) wherever you find you need/want it, usually 3/9, or 2/10, 12, or handle (numbers refer to the hoop as a clock)
3) yes, usually just adhesive on the back of lead tape.
go to the learning center and go to the lead tape section.
1) Several reasons, it adds weight, adds swingweight, changes balance, it can make your racquet mmore solid and it can help your groundstrokes or serve
2)if you put it at 12 o clock, it increases swingweight the most, makes your racquet more head heavy, and helps your serve, 3 and 9 o clock will make your racqauet feel more solid (this is the most common place to put lead) putting it under the handle increases weight and makes your racquet more head light
Way to simplify the lead tape question. But one further question. If you put the tape at 3-9 and 12 will it help your serve and make the racquet feel more stable or will they counteract one another?I bascially want to know if i can put in in both places or do have to choose one or the other?
02-29-2004, 09:59 AM
you can put it in both places. just realize that you'll be increasing the swingweight, so make sure you can handle it.
02-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Also keep in mind that as you add tape above the original balance point, you are also moving the sweet spot toward the top of the hoop.
05-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Anybody add lead tapes on both 2/10 and 3/9? what are the effects of doing so?
05-14-2007, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=tennis_hand;1444533]Anybody add lead tapes on both 2/10 and 3/9? what are the effects of doing so?[/QUOTEI add lead at 3 & 9 & 12. I can do a lot with this set up hit for power or guide a ball with some "meat" on it the lenght of the court. don't gibe up on your frame until you try lead tape.
05-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Increases Sweet spot as well as adding weight to your swing.
vBulletin® v3.6.9, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.