PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Ginepri in Superbowl commercial????????

Ronaldo
02-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Just saw Ginepri in an ESPN Mobile Superbowl commercial in the 4th quarter with Baron Davis. http://www.adweek.com/aw/national/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001955735

Fee
02-05-2006, 05:47 PM
There was so much going on in that commercial, I couldn't tell if the athletes were real or actors, and I completely missed Robby. Hopefully, I'll see it again and can keep an eye out for him. Thanks for the heads up.

ace of spades
02-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Yea saw that one too.
Its advertising like the espn phone or something like that.
All it has is him sitting on a bench dribbling a ball on his racket, waiting for a bus being pulled by some guy

Sixpointone
02-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ronaldo, unfortunately though I missed the commercial.

Ronaldo
02-05-2006, 06:16 PM
IMHO the best ad, http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/superbowl05/official06hot.asp

sureshs
02-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Yes it was him holding a racquet

TokyopunK
02-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I wonder how much he got paid to just sit there for 5 seconds.

BreakPoint
02-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I saw Ginepri in that commercial and at first I thought it must be an ad for Under Armour since there were several other athletes in the ad, but it turned out to be an ad for, what? ESPN Mobile and/or Best Buy? What the heck? :confused:

dmastous
02-05-2006, 06:40 PM
I think it's a cell phone that is either s special ESPN model or that is pre-set to get ESPN video content. Or both
I saw the comercial, and I think they are all athletes, but I missed Ginepre in it.

pro_staff
02-05-2006, 07:18 PM
he was bouncing a ball in the air with his racket.

dennis10is
02-05-2006, 07:43 PM
he was sitting down on a bench waiting for the bus, bouncing a tennis ball with his racket. The strongest man person, pull the bus up to the bus stop and he got up.... presumably to get into the bus.

The main character, some average joe looking at his mobile was sitting next to him on the bench.

the ad was for ESPN mobile. I think some kind of sports content push to your cellular. I'm guessing here but media companies are trying to get people to use cell phone like a tv once they have broadband wireless.

I assume folks in Europe and Asia have this already? Any one here?

legolas
02-06-2006, 10:50 AM
lol, i knew it was him

Mr.Federer
02-06-2006, 03:14 PM
****...in canada they don't show the freakin new superbowl commercials...if anyone has a link for this commercial please post it.

penpal
02-06-2006, 03:49 PM
He was the only athlete I recognized in that commercial. Anyone know who the others were?

dmastous
02-06-2006, 04:19 PM
He was the only athlete I recognized in that commercial. Anyone know who the others were?
Someone already mentioned Baron Davis, who was dribbling a basket ball all over the place. I saw a golfer, some racers Auto & foot racing. I saw a couple pitchers and some other baseball players.
I saw the comercial once then fastforwarded so I didn't focus on who they were.
Just a hodge podge of atheletes doing their thing.

superman1
02-06-2006, 04:22 PM
I noticed, he was sitting there with that glum look on his face and I was wondering why they picked him.

Fee
02-06-2006, 06:11 PM
http://search.espn.go.com/keyword/search?searchString=mobile&page=multimedia

Here's a link to try. You may have to refresh it once you load the page.

Ronaldo
02-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Among the athletes who appear in the spot are baseball players Jim Edmonds, Torii Hunter, Juan Pierre, Hudson Street and David Wells; basketball stars Baron Davis and Stephon Marbury; football player Antonio Gates; tennis star Robby Ginepri; boxer Jeff Lacy; bowler Chris Barnes; and gymnast Carly Patterson.

idj49
02-07-2006, 05:14 AM
I noticed, he was sitting there with that glum look on his face and I was wondering why they picked him.
He didn't look glum to me, he looked like he was concentrating on bouncing the ball. Or that could be how his face looks all the time?

dmastous
02-07-2006, 06:06 AM
Just saw the 30 second version this morning.. Ginepre made the short list. He's standing in a glass bus stop booth bouncing a ball with his racquet, but not up and down, more like Mac used to do getting ready to serve.
The funny part of this section was just to the right, out side the booth there are 4 soccer players standing, protecting their privates like they are getting ready for a penalty kick. They are wearing powder blue. What team is this? And who are the players? Are they FIFA, or are they MLS?