PDA

View Full Version : TF NRG2, TRC and 515 vs LF Super Natl Phenom XRC

rich s
02-05-2006, 05:44 PM
I have some experience playing with LF Super Natural Phenom XRC.

How do TF NRG2, TRC and 515 compare to XRC in terms of feel and tension maintenance?

thanks-

Stan
02-05-2006, 08:09 PM
They can't touch it. XRC wins in tension maintenance.

Richie Rich
02-06-2006, 03:17 AM
stan is correct. of the TF strings, nrg is the best in maintaining tension, however little time that is. pre-stretching always helps a little. 515 loses tension pretty quickly. TRC is kind of in the middle. depends what the string is being used for - someone with TE will probably benefit from the TF strings softness. wouldn't use them in a hybrid as they don't last long enough

although pricey, the biphase is probably the best TF string for tension holding. haven't tried any LF strings (can't get them here)

rich s
02-06-2006, 04:12 AM
although pricey, the biphase is probably the best TF string for tension holding.

I've tried Biphase and can't say that I had real good success with tension maintanence. I like the feel but it seemed to loose tension quickly.

I typcially don't prestretch becuase I think it takes away from the feel of a string....so I wonder if that's difference in my experience.

Richie Rich
02-06-2006, 05:47 AM
re biphase - depends what you are used to. it is a multi and will lose tension. just does a little better job than nrg, trc, or 515.

i prestretch a little. reduces tension loss a little and also keeps playability. you are right though - too much stretching and the string will feel boardy and lose feel.

rich s
02-06-2006, 06:40 AM
re biphase - depends what you are used to. it is a multi and will lose tension. just does a little better job than nrg, trc, or 515.

so if I didn't like bi-phase's tension maintanence don't bother with TRC, NRG2 or 515...just stick with XRC?

Kevo
02-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I know that 515 was really bad. Haven't tried the other two. I cut the 515 out after just a couple of sessions because the ball was sailing so much. Not sure if it stabilizes later or not, but I don't like to have a string drop so much tension right away. It really messes with your game.

Richie Rich
02-06-2006, 03:26 PM
so if I didn't like bi-phase's tension maintanence don't bother with TRC, NRG2 or 515...just stick with XRC?

you might want to try them but if you like the XRC i would stay with it - the TF strings won't match it in regards to tension maint.

Keifers
02-06-2006, 04:46 PM
I agree that TF 515 loses tension fairly quickly, But I've found that, after that initial loss, it maintains its playability for a long time.

I have 17ga 515 in a PS 6.0 95 (16xeighteen) and I really like how it grabs the ball on serves and groundies.