PDA

View Full Version : All Hail Dementieva Spoiler!

Mr Topspin
02-06-2006, 03:45 AM
All hail Dementieva, duchess of Toray Pan Pacific, all hail Dementieva conqueror of Hingis, all hail Dementieva that shall be GS champion hereafter.

I was so pleased to witness Dementieva playing so well at the Japan Open. She probably put in her best performance against Hingis and showed us a glimpse of what is possible when her serve is working well.

She only hit 3 d/f and 2 of those 3 were in her opening service game. She completely outplayed Hingis, not just with power but with drop shots, volleys and blistering winners. It was a masterclass from Elena and I hope the start of a significant run in 2006.

She also hit 20 + winners and 14 u/e. If she maintains and improves her form there is no reason why she cant pick up at least a slam in 06.

Elena has already made 2 GS finals and i'm betting she could make a good run at either the French or US Open. It's strange that she can play well on fast and slow surfaces and yet has made no impact on Wimbledon. However, if she improves her 1st serve percentage; the slice she imparts on the ball may open her passage in this year's Wimbledon. Big or fast serving is the key at Wimbledon.

It's also worth pointing out that Hingis is a good matchup for her, as Hingis is essentially playing counter punch tennis and cant hit through Elena or take the racket out of her hand like the Williams' sisters, Davenport, Pierce, Clisters, Henin and on occassion Sharapova.

But if people feel that Hingis has a chance to win a slam then in a depleted field I see no reason why Elena cant do it as well.

fedfan
02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
i like your title.
i didnt even have to read your post to find out what happened.

datsveryinterestin
02-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Dementieva has the sweetest backhand... truely a work of art. Hope she continues to get that serve in, because her matches with double digit DFs are too painful to watch... but she has a TON of game if she could just start the point!

Rickson
02-06-2006, 04:31 PM
This spoiler joke is so played out, it's unbelievable. How many copycat spoiler titles will there be? Everyone knows what's being implied and you risk being banned. This spoiler title joke was played out about 50 threads ago.