PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Help - Babolat PD

hughfree
06-11-2004, 05:51 AM
I have recently picked up a Babolat PD (standard length). I would like feedback on stringing combinations that have worked for you. I am a solid 4.0 baseliner who will come in when circumstances dictates. I hit with an eastern one handed bh and semi western fh. Love to hit topspin of both wings but will flatten the shot our when I approach. My primary serve is a big kick with a slice or a flat sprinkled in to keep my opponent honest. I do not rely on a big weapon,. My game is built more on consistency. I currently have the racket strung with Lux Timo 17 at 57 lbs (lockout machine).

Thanks for your input!

Gaines Hillix
06-11-2004, 10:58 AM
hughfree, the PD's can be rocket launchers given the low tension range and the woofer system and they are fairly stiff/wide. You might want to try your normal timo in the mains with a syn gut or natural gut in the crosses.

tennisbody
06-11-2004, 12:45 PM
hughfree, from my short experience with Babolat PD+ ( I have restrung my rackets 4 times so far..) the best results in terms of playabilty, control and power come in tension range 60 lb +/- 2 lb with one pc string and good quality polyester like Babolat Hurricane or Luxilion Super Poly.
I did 2 hybrids before but Babolat woofer system ( in my opinion ) is very unpredictable if you combine two different strings with different characteristics....of course I'm not saying that hybrid will not work for you...you have to check yourself. :)

kreative
06-12-2004, 12:42 AM
lux alu 56lbs, poly polar 62 lbs, lf supreme 60 lbs