PDA

View Full Version : Pull your pants up, Daniela

vllockhart
02-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I just logged onto the TW home page, and what do I see? A huge pic of Daniela Hantuchova in these awful pants or shorts that are riding way below her belly button, barely covering her pubic area.

I'm sorry, but this is not sexy or appropriate attire. Pull your pants up and look like a dignified, respectful young woman and a serious athlete. I wish the WTA would implement some kind of dress code. This is getting outrageous.

tennissavy
02-07-2006, 11:21 AM
You think that's bad? You should take a look at Iveta Benesova's micro minis.

armand
02-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I think Serena's worse! A couple of weeks ago someone provided a link to some photos of her shopping. Her jeans were much lower than Daniela's shorts and you could clearly see she wasn't wearing underwear! YUCK(M?)!

fantom
02-07-2006, 11:37 AM
I just logged onto the TW home page, and what do I see? A huge pic of Daniela Hantuchova in these awful pants or shorts that are riding way below her belly button, barely covering her pubic area.

I'm sorry, but this is not sexy or appropriate attire. Pull your pants up and look like a dignified, respectful young woman and a serious athlete. I wish the WTA would implement some kind of dress code. This is getting outrageous.

vllockhart, I just opened up your post, and what do I see? A tiny pic of huge Serena Williams in this aweful Nike outfit that is barely covering her double d's.

I'm sorry, but this is not sexy or appropriate attire. Go on a diet, get in shape, and look like a dignified, respectful young woman and a serious athlete.......you know the rest

tennissavy
02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
I think Serena's worse! A couple of weeks ago someone provided a link to some photos of her shopping. Her jeans were much lower than Daniela's shorts and you could clearly see she wasn't wearing underwear! YUCK(M?)!
Oh, Adely that sounds incredibly nasty. I am sorry that you laid eyes upon such a site. I must ask you, are you sure it wasn't a photo of Oracene? Serena is looking more and more like her and it is easy to mistake one for the other.

buder
02-07-2006, 11:41 AM

you couldn't pay me enough money to be a crack spackler. word to the wise: get a belt.

vllockhart
02-07-2006, 11:47 AM
vllockhart, I just opened up your post, and what do I see? A tiny pic of huge Serena Williams in this aweful Nike outfit that is barely covering her double d's.

I'm sorry, but this is not sexy or appropriate attire. Go on a diet, get in shape, and look like a dignified, respectful young woman and a serious athlete.......you know the rest

Uh, that picture of Serena is when she is in excellent shape, so I'm not getting you on that point.

However, yes, she does need to cover up WAY WAY WAY more. I love that pic because of the intensity of it and the moment in time.

The whole trend of the women wearing less and less and trying to look sexy on the court is unacceptable to me. The Hantuchova picture is a microcosm of the problem.

It's a shame that you're trying to use Serena to insult me or make my point not seem valid. You missed.

ATXtennisaddict
02-07-2006, 11:48 AM
only girls will complain.

MonkeyPox
02-07-2006, 11:49 AM
You can thank Golovin, she started it in earnest. And she didn't even have a butt to be showing off in those skirts she sort of wears.

GeauxTigers
02-07-2006, 11:50 AM
She is most luscious and should show off her gifts.

Fee
02-07-2006, 11:50 AM

I agree with this (and so does my husband, he walked away from Daniela and Myskina matches during the AO). It is time for the WTA to require tasteful clothing with waistlines at or above the top of the hipbones. Thanks to Nike and LaCoste, the women's clothes have gotten very tacky in the last few years and most of them have not been flattering (and that includes any type of shorts put on Serena's hefty frame). What an uproar we had a few years ago when a few men went sleeveless, but some of the women go on court for matches wearing less material than it takes to make two dinner napkins and there is barely a peep.

VGP
02-07-2006, 11:58 AM
What about Tatiana Golovin a couple of years back at Wimbledon?

jgunnink
02-07-2006, 11:59 AM
I think Daniela looks great. She's back to looking healthy after all her eating disorder woes.

Rabbit
I agree with this (and so does my husband, he walked away from Daniela and Myskina matches during the AO). It is time for the WTA to require tasteful clothing with waistlines at or above the top of the hipbones. Thanks to Nike and LaCoste, the women's clothes have gotten very tacky in the last few years and most of them have not been flattering (and that includes any type of shorts put on Serena's hefty frame). What an uproar we had a few years ago when a few men went sleeveless, but some of the women go on court for matches wearing less material than it takes to make two dinner napkins and there is barely a peep.

Yes, I agree. I also saw that hideous picture. Why I must have been disgusted for 3 or 4 hours looking at it before I finally moved on. :)

Ronaldo
WOW! http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56637123.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F47005D57F23A2A51DDFA 224294104146D57D

vllockhart
02-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Yes, I agree. I also saw that hideous picture. Why I must have been disgusted for 3 or 4 hours looking at it before I finally moved on. :)

Very funny.:D

tennissavy
02-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Good point about the men's sleeveless shirts. Thank God the men have that option open to them. It surprises me that more don't take advantage of it. I can't stand to play in a t shirt or polo type shirt like so many players. It is so uncomfortable and restricting to have sleeves when it is hot outside. It drives me crazy to watch roddick pinch his sleeves and pick them up when he is about to serve. I just want to scream in his ear, "yes, sleeves are uncomfortable when you sweat. Instead of letting it distract you(and it clearly does) switch to a sleeveless shirt." Bravo to Moya, Ginepri, Hewitt, Nadal and Blake for doing the sensible thing. In the case of the men, it is even more about comfort than style. Here is a thought: Imagine if the men became as revealing as the women. They would only have to cover their "private parts", like the women, so they would only have to wear bikini bathing suits. Nadal, Ginepri, moya...could just wear speedos, no shirt. I mean if the women can wear the ultra-revealing outfits that just barely cover their breasts and "nether regions" then the men should be allowed to barely cover their "nether regions". Bikini briefs, speedos...should be ok for the men. Otherwise, some very specific dress codes need to be enforced. It is not right to permit the women to wear next to nothing and the men only have the sleeveless option.

armand
02-07-2006, 12:29 PM
tennissavy: Thanks for your condolences. I'm sure it was Serena though and not Oracene. I don't mind Serena but finding out she doesn't wear undies with her jeans: *shudder*
buder: haha, crack spackler? What exactly is that?

I agree with this (and so does my husband, he walked away from Daniela and Myskina matches during the AO). It is time for the WTA to require tasteful clothing with waistlines at or above the top of the hipbones. Thanks to Nike and LaCoste, the women's clothes have gotten very tacky in the last few years and most of them have not been flattering (and that includes any type of shorts put on Serena's hefty frame). What an uproar we had a few years ago when a few men went sleeveless, but some of the women go on court for matches wearing less material than it takes to make two dinner napkins and there is barely a peep.Your husband is in the vast minority. The point is, these are talented women that rely on their skills on the tennis court, not their looks. They can wear whatever they wish; they're not a Britney Spears or whomever who's very possibly told what to wear to attract sales.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you this: Women like to be sexy so they wear the latest trends. Yes the trends are set by a man. But a gay man, to be sure!
So, if they're comfortable playing in attire like this, then I'm comfortable watching them in it.

Rabbit: lmao

Superior_Forehand
02-07-2006, 12:30 PM

Dude, get a life.

VGP
02-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Fee - I think your husband was "being nice" because you were with him....;)

Aykhan Mammadov
02-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't find such pants loking bad. I like. But I'm worrying doesn't her stomach catch a cold ?

superman1
02-07-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't know why everyone here likes her. She has that anorexic look, not just in her hips but in her face. Benesova on the other hand can wear her skirts as low as she likes. Or just take the skirt off altogether and have a pillow fight after the match.

Fee
02-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Fee - I think your husband was "being nice" because you were with him....;)

Please, my husband and I don't have those kinds of secrets. I know what he finds attractive and vice versa. He recognizes that Hantuchova is a fit and attractive woman, but the clothes were inappropriate (and in his opinion, not flattering to her figure). He thought Benesova looked cheap and s.l.u.t.ty, and asked me if she was a lousy player trying to get attention in some other way.

Adely, the clothing companies are very 'persuasive' when it comes to what their contracted players wear on court. If they weren't, do you really think that women would go on court wearing the same outfit as their opponents? Do you remember a few years ago when all the male adidas players (about 8 of them) wore the same white shirt with the blue diagonal stripe across the chest? I seriously doubt that was their idea.

legolas
02-07-2006, 01:21 PM
You think that's bad? You should take a look at Iveta Benesova's micro minis.
lol, iveta and daniela, 2 pretty girls who dress really skimpy

vllockhart
02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Dude, get a life.

Dude, get a brain.

spirit
02-07-2006, 01:35 PM
I admit. I look. And I enjoy the minimal clothing on the women. But in spite of that, it may have gone too far. This is first and foremost an athletic contest among some terrific athletes. We don't need the outrageous clothing (or should I say lack of clothing). The code should be to dress tastfully. Nude bellys and hips should not be allowed - maybe a little midriff would be OK. But girls, please don't hide those wonderfully athletic female bodies too much. Don't go "baggy" my any means.

Kaptain Karl
02-07-2006, 01:37 PM
I find myself wondering why "athletes" who are supposed to be so competitive would wear clothes which distract them from their match preparation by requiring such focus on ... grooming?

- KK

VGP
02-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Fee - I was just poking fun.....

troytennisbum
02-07-2006, 01:39 PM

Well, gotta put it in perspective. I mean you figure even these girls still have a more clothes on, relatively speaking, then say an olympic, female beach volleyball player.

Brettolius
02-07-2006, 01:40 PM
I agree, they should be playing in full pantsuites, I find hot chicks in skimpy clothes absolutely disgusting. They should play outdoors in the cold weather countries in the winter so these nasty creatures would have no choice but to cover up. Down ski jackets, mittens, and really baggy ski bibs would be more appropriate.

Fee
02-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Fee - I was just poking fun.....

Thought you might have been, but my answer was more for the people who might have secretly agreed with your comment. :)

Ronaldo
02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Forgetabout post

Ronaldo
02-07-2006, 01:50 PM
double post

ATXtennisaddict
02-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't care what anyone else here says, but Amelie Mauresmo has a super sexy fit athletic body. The attire she wore during AO fit her figure well. So fit!!!!

MonkeyPox
02-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I agree, but maybe it's all about personal taste. I personally find tight outfits more attractive than skimpy outfits, but I guess some people could find them both sort of tacky. With a nice body, an outfit like Mauresmo's seems just about perfect.

Jonnyf
02-07-2006, 02:02 PM
hey i actually think she looks BRILLIANT keep those shorts down Daniela. yes i am a male aged 14

lothar
02-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I think Daniela looks really pretty in her outfit. I'm not at all offended. It has nothing to do with sexual attraction either, since I like guys. She's a cute girl with a nice body. She's also a professional and an adult. Let her do what she wants.

dmastous
02-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Maybe it's just getting old. But I find the low riding clothes women wear in general to be ugly. 90% of the women who wear that type of pants, or skirt, or shorts, have too much stumach to pull it off.
Most of the WTA players are fit enough, but I simply don't like the style.

arosen
02-07-2006, 02:29 PM

What, you fancy yourself to be some kind of fashion police? You don't like looking at her, then go look at someone else. It's called freedom of choice. People like you used to beetch and moan about male ballet dancers in tights and who knows what else. Always complaining. Let go already, go watch someone in a nice dress like Kirilenko, or go enjoy Kabuki theatre, they are all dressed up there.

theazneyes
02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't mind if a super pretty girl wears that type of stuff, but it doesn't ruin their status and image of what type of person they are.

byealmeens
02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
She is most luscious and should show off her gifts.
I agree. I can't get enough of those outfits. And for the record, I LOVE Benesova!!!

Jonnyf
02-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Well imo she looks so steamingly HOTTTT even sharapova wants a look
http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/3429/hahahaha1la.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

armand
02-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Fee: Do you honestly believe Hantuchova and/or others are forced to wear the outfits they wear?
I see women on the street all the time wearing such clothes and they're not forced to but wear them because they want to. Why would women who play tennis be any different?

GRANITECHIEF
02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Looks like the author of this thread, mis-spelled an important word in the thread title. I've consulted my online dictionary to confirm that the word down is not spelled "UP", it is spelled "DOWN". Glad to help, don't mention it.

arky-tennis
02-07-2006, 04:13 PM
I really don't mind the outfits, i am with johnny on this one. Now, it may be across the line if they start playing ancient greek style (then Serena would kill some ppl) but i see fee's point.

superman1
02-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Why not just play naked? It would cool them down and attact more fans to the sport. Although Hrbaty would probably get ideas and put holes in more places.

Skppr05
02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
daniela can actully pull it off unlike some other athletes...*cough serena cough*...

spirit
02-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I really don't mind the outfits, i am with johnny on this one. Now, it may be across the line if they start playing ancient greek style (then Serena would kill some ppl) but i see fee's point.

Yeah. After reading through the thread again, I am having second thoughts about my earlier post. After all, in acient Greece the athletes did perform naked. So nakedness and athletic contest went together as long ago as then. However, I think in acient Greece, it was only male athletes - I don't think women did sport then.

oscar_2424
02-07-2006, 05:30 PM

I dont see nothing wrong with her appearel, she is HOT!!

Chadwixx
02-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Why do you think womens tennis is more popular than the mens?

VGP
02-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Why not just play naked? It would cool them down and attact more fans to the sport. Although Hrbaty would probably get ideas and put holes in more places.

um, that would fall under the "bad naked" category.

too much jigglin' goin' on.

Ronaldo
02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
WTA creates new dress uniform after TW post, http://www.ltmn.com/anne11.jpg

Kaptain Karl
02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Why do you think womens tennis is more popular than the mens?It isn't.

- KK

meh
02-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Can't do that, no support (for either gender).

arky-tennis
02-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Ronaldo, you scare me.

I wonder what baghdatis would say? (i know he is not greek but CLOSE)

hmmmm.... Serena in retirement and Daniela playing more.... THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

DashaandSafin
02-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Daniela is one of my favorite WTA players. I would only watch her matches, Hingis matches, and maybe some other random hot Russian chick matches, excluding Sharapova.

Shes cutee :)

Donnie Darko
02-07-2006, 07:42 PM

How's this for looking dignified and respectable?

http://www.thehua.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=0&pos=-126

That girl has got MADD BODY.

Court_Jester
02-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Those pics must have been taken right around her anorexia days.

katarddx
02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
...honestly, i can't believe i waisted my time and read 5 pages of this BS...
there is alwas "a way out"; turn to the OTHER chanell!!!
i didn't think so....

Infinite42
02-07-2006, 08:16 PM
This one may be a tad too racy...

http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/pastexhibits/womenofourtime/Moody.jpg

Ronaldo
02-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Cannot believe you are sweating these stringbeans when a REAL woman like Nadia Petrova, http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56655277.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=AAAB1D3D22B8F28CA5EDFB5EAD0A315F gets no action

go_nadal
02-07-2006, 09:27 PM
About time some people posted som pics!! More! lol. I personaliy dont find anything wrong with Huntacovas outfit, but she is a bit toooo skinny for my liking.

theace21
02-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Great Line Rabbit!!!!

Deuce
02-07-2006, 10:45 PM
It's all about placing style above substance.

It's sad that looking cheap and easy is applauded.

Most importantly, it's quite a harmful message to give to kids.

troytennisbum
02-07-2006, 10:48 PM
This one may be a tad too racy...

http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/pastexhibits/womenofourtime/Moody.jpg

Get that pornography off of these public message boards !!!!

Infinite42
02-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Get that pornography off of these public message boards !!!!

Sorry, hopefully that won't get me banned.

Donnie Darko
02-08-2006, 05:54 AM
Fee: Do you honestly believe Hantuchova and/or others are forced to wear the outfits they wear?
I see women on the street all the time wearing such clothes and they're not forced to but wear them because they want to. Why would women who play tennis be any different?

They aren't forced per se, but their endorsement deals do dictate what they wear on the court.

Donnie Darko
02-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Cannot believe you are sweating these stringbeans when a REAL woman like Nadia Petrova, http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56655277.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=AAAB1D3D22B8F28CA5EDFB5EAD0A315F gets no action

Butter face.

35ft6
02-08-2006, 06:12 AM
They aren't forced per se, but their endorsement deals do dictate what they wear on the court. Most girls like dressing this way.

Grimjack
02-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Dude, get a brain.

It's a shame you so off-handedly dismissed his "get a life" point, because although terse, it was actually insightful.

One's life shouldn't be a strangled thing, imprisoned by puritanical fundamentalist morals. What those like you live is a crude shadow of a life, devoid of appreciation for the beauty all around you. He was being genuinely helpful in offering you kind advice, and you blew it off. Tragic and shortsighted. But typical. Say hi to Deuce at the next revival.

But the greater crime, of course, is in trying to spew your puritanical fundamentalist morals onto and into everyone else's lives. When a beautiful, lithe, limber, athletic young female chooses to liberate her spirit and her body by displaying it thusly for all the world, she is living a life of beauty and freedom, and allowing those who view her to live that way as well. Quit thumping your bible or your koran or whatever, and grow up. Nobody else this side of Tehran has the slightest interest in your cult morality. If you want to live a life of restraint and asocial asceticism, stay in your little box-world where the evils of the world can't bother you, and you can't bother the world. That's why they invented monasteries. So prudes wouldn't have to live in a world they can't handle, and the world doesn't have to live with prudes. It's win-win.

So I reiterate his advice for you: "get a life." Even if that means sinking yourself into isolation in pursuit of deeper understanding of your spiritual morality. Just don't keep butting heads with reality. Otherwise you end up a curmudgeon, shouting about the fragile psyches of children in a world where people have to be embarrassed by things like their own abdomens.

Morpheus
02-08-2006, 07:09 AM
It's a shame you so off-handedly dismissed his "get a life" point, because although terse, it was actually insightful.

One's life shouldn't be a strangled thing, imprisoned by puritanical fundamentalist morals. What those like you live is a crude shadow of a life, devoid of appreciation for the beauty all around you. He was being genuinely helpful in offering you kind advice, and you blew it off. Tragic and shortsighted. But typical. Say hi to Deuce at the next revival.

But the greater crime, of course, is in trying to spew your puritanical fundamentalist morals onto and into everyone else's lives. When a beautiful, lithe, limber, athletic young female chooses to liberate her spirit and her body by displaying it thusly for all the world, she is living a life of beauty and freedom, and allowing those who view her to live that way as well. Quit thumping your bible or your koran or whatever, and grow up. Nobody else this side of Tehran has the slightest interest in your cult morality. If you want to live a life of restraint and asocial asceticism, stay in your little box-world where the evils of the world can't bother you, and you can't bother the world. That's why they invented monasteries. So prudes wouldn't have to live in a world they can't handle, and the world doesn't have to live with prudes. It's win-win.

So I reiterate his advice for you: "get a life." Even if that means sinking yourself into isolation in pursuit of deeper understanding of your spiritual morality. Just don't keep butting heads with reality. Otherwise you end up a curmudgeon, shouting about the fragile psyches of children in a world where people have to be embarrassed by things like their own abdomens.

Grimjack, great post. But did you really have to go and use the word "thusly"?

Grimjack
02-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Actually, I take the whole thing back. As I listen to the news, it's me who is the inappropriately free spirit, and you who are the moral majority. The world wouldn't be this ####ed if those like me were in charge. I'm going to my vacation house for a week, to take my own advice, and remove myself from God World.

You win. Allah akbar.

Brettolius
02-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Agreed. Great post, Grimjack. Revival...hilarious!

norcal
02-08-2006, 07:25 AM

+1

And I like the sleeveless shirts for the guys too (the ones who have the body for it).

stalliondan
02-08-2006, 10:05 AM
appropriate or not appopriate sex sells and these chicks love the AK life (Anna Kournikova) with all the endorsements and so on. If your tennis won't pay the bills then you might as well let your body. And before anyone says anything this is not the same as prostitution

Ronaldo
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Curious, anyone see girls/women wear this garb oncourt? At a tennis club?

denver82
02-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Curious, anyone see girls/women wear this garb oncourt? At a tennis club?

I wouldn't mind I suppose. I see a lot of women at my club, even if they are fit, who dress in scabby old shorts and t-shirts. I reckon it would be nice if they wore something that actually accentuated the fact that they are women. The women who do wear skirts, dresses or outfits like Daniela are just a bit more appealing. It's not a sexist thing (I'm very much for women's rights), but it is just nice to see women on the court wearing something fetching. I'm sure that the ladies out there would agree that it is nicer if the men on court were wearing something other than an old t-shirt and baggy shorts.

stalliondan
02-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Nike should ban it for overweight people though. Some women out of their prime should not wear hiphuggers.

dennis10is
02-08-2006, 11:38 AM
As you know, there are still many thousands of people who are homeless after the big earthquake in the Hindu Kush region. There are not enough clothing and shelter to keep them warm during the harsh winter months.

Some of the more noble and caring young female professional tenins players have asked their clothing sponsor to donate the fabrics that would have gone into their clothes to the relief efforts. As a result, they would have to make do with rather skimpy outfits made from scraps of fabrics found in dumpsters outside the textile factories in China. We should recognize their sacrifice, as the ozone layer deplete and the sun beats hard on their now silky smooth, goldenly tanned limbs and midsections, we know that they are increasing their chances of skin cancer but they trooper on for the good of their fellow human beings. (sniff, sniff, I need a tissue)

Thus far, the total fabric donation has enabled the construction of five lacy thongs. It is a small step, however, the longest journey begins with one single step. It is hoped that with continued fabric donations, eventually the Red Crescent will be able to knit together one X-Small sweat pant. This pant should be completed by 2010.

An additional unexpected benefit was that their photographs on the internet has enabled mainly, but not exclusively, men to turn down their home thermostats, thereby conserving precious fuel. To achieve such a saving in energy cost, thereby reducing the production of green house gases, one need to bring up a picture of these players and studiously study every inch of them, the physiological effects that should takes place are a warm pleasant feeling, increase blood flow to strategically critical portions of the body, and a desire to be more physical "active".

President Bush has chastised Americans as being too addicted on Oil. Here is one small step that we can take globally to reduce our addiction to that wicked lubricant. There are better lubricants to be addicted to. Where is my jar of ......

To Ms. Hantuchova, keep up the good work, I support your sacrifice, and if I may suggest, you can be even more vigorous in your shaving of fabrics. I fear that winter has finally arrived on the American North East. brrrr..... I need a tissue

ximian
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM

On the contrary, those of us who choose not to view girls in such a "free and beautiful" way are the ones upholding beauty. I have no argument whatsoever that Daniela is absolutely gorgeous, because she is. And I would add that the female body is likely the most beautiful creation we know. The problem is not necessarily in viewing these girls, but rather what happens when we do. Its no secret that 100% of the guys who look at Daniela begin to lust after her. And what does that promote? sexual prominisuity and a loose lifestyle.

At this point, I'm sure you're steaming in your head and getting ready to pounce on the 'quote' button and thrash me to shreds because of my "Fundamentalist, Bible-thumping, cultish worldview." Before you do, please consider what I have to say.

The real beauty in this is the ability to come close to another person of the opposite sex, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually as well. Sex is not the end-all goal of a relationship. It is not the all-satisfying desire in life. Rather, it is a byproduct of real intimacy with somebody you love and cherish with all your heart.

Once we get this sort of view, it is easy to see the real issue behind these clothes. These clothes will naturally lead many guys into an adulterous lifestlye (or at least a step in that direction) that is far from true intimacy. Instead of a true, loving and lasting relationship at the center of your desire, sex becomes the goal. And ultimately, sex does not fulfill what we are all yearning for. In that respect, those of us willing not to view scampily clad teens or the sexual images all around us are upholding real beauty -- an intimate, loving and lasting relationship, where sex can be enjoyed as a byproduct of something greater.

jgunnink
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
dennis10is, that is f-in brilliant dude!

Kaptain Karl
02-08-2006, 11:47 AM
It's a shame you so off-handedly dismissed his "get a life" point...And it's a shame you so cavalierly succumbed to employing a cheap and transparent debate tactic against vllockhart, namely the Straw Man. You could not dismantle her arguments based on their merits. You resorted to grossly exaggerating her POV with assertions of "puritanical fundamentalist morals." (Your use of which, leads me to believe you know little about the Puritans or Christian fundamentalism. But it surely was a catchy phrase to throw around, huh?)

... although terse, it was actually insightful.Terse? Yes. "Insightful"??? Hardly.

... He was being genuinely helpful in offering you kind advice... Geez! You appointed yourself vllockhart's Counselor, her superior, and a clarvoiyant ... all in one paragraph. (His "kind advice" was nothing of the sort.)

Ah! To be so ... enlightened as Grimjack. What a lofty aspiration. (Phooey!)

But the greater crime, of course, is in trying to spew your puritanical fundamentalist morals onto and into everyone else's lives.Crime? Spew? Everyone? Stop taking yourself so seriously, Grimjack. This is a silly Internet forum, for goodness sake!

When a beautiful, lithe, limber, athletic young female chooses to liberate her spirit and her body by displaying it thusly for all the world, she is living a life of beauty and freedom, and allowing those who view her to live that way as well.Can't you just hear We Are The World in the background of this supercilious nonsense??? Good grief!

Quit thumping your bible or your koran or whatever, and grow up. Nobody else this side of Tehran has the slightest interest in your cult morality....Straw Men, all. Too bad you couldn't address her points head-on....

... That's why they invented monasteries.No it isn't.

Grimjack - Your ... treatise ... on the benefits of the libertine lifestyle might be persuasive to amoral or immoral folks (or pre-pubescents and those with the mindset of the "dirty old man.") As for me, I'm far more in vllockhart's camp.

- KK

Dedans Penthouse
02-08-2006, 11:48 AM
"Ms. Hantuchova: tear down those pants!"

The Gipper and the zipper.

On a more immature note, why aren't there more up-and-coming Polish woman tennis players? I hate to make generalizations, butt by and large, a lot of Polish women have some serious callipygian (round) rump-age for white girls. Certainly better than some of the Russian Scrawnynovas out there.

"O Jadwiga!
Wygladasz super! Jestes seksowna. Pragne Cie.
Dag mi to...Mam cos dla Ciebie--kielbasa.

O Jadwig! PRAGNE SIE Z TOBA KOCHAC!!!

dennis10is
02-08-2006, 11:55 AM
The Gipper and the zipper.

On a more immature note, why aren't there more up-and-coming Polish woman tennis players? I hate to make generalizations, butt by and large, a lot of Polish women have some serious callipygian (round) rump-age for white girls. Certainly better than some of the Russian Scrawnynovas out there.

"O Jadwiga!
Wygladasz super! Jestes seksowna. Pragne Cie.
Dag mi to...Mam cos dla Ciebie--kielbasa.

O Jadwig! PRAGNE SIE Z TOBA KOCHAC!!!

Here! here! Polish women :)

Chadwixx
02-08-2006, 11:59 AM
It isn't.

- KK

You may wanna revisit the television ratings.

Sexy girls in skimpy outfits always get ratings. It draws a crowd other than real tennis fans. A guy flipping through channels will not stop to watch a couple of sweaty men, but they will for those tiny outfits and see through shirts.

dennis10is
02-08-2006, 12:01 PM
dennis10is, that is f-in brilliant dude!

Thanx :)

This forum just went thru a long tirade about religion, so now this august assembly of savants rotates its up-turned snout at sex or more appropriately, telling women how they shoud dress.

As a liberated man, I believe in fair distribution of responsiblities. Women have complete responsibility over how they should dress and I'm more interested in how they should undress.

ximian
02-08-2006, 12:05 PM

This forum just went thru a long tirade about religion, so now this august assembly of savants rotates its up-turned snout at sex or more appropriately, telling women how they shoud dress.

As a liberated man, I believe in fair distribution of responsiblities. Women have complete responsibility over how they should dress and I'm more interested in how they should undress.

My response to this is above. Just let it be know that I am anything but anti-sex.

Ronaldo
02-08-2006, 12:05 PM
You may wanna revisit the television ratings.

Sexy girls in skimpy outfits always get ratings. It draws a crowd other than real tennis fans. A guy flipping through channels will not stop to watch a couple of sweaty men, but they will for those tiny outfits and see through shirts.

Yeah, Television ratings.........................maybe Stacy should pick up a racquet, http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/images/gallery/205/01_kiebler_360x240.jpg

jgunnink
02-08-2006, 12:06 PM

I particularly like the part about "one x-small sweat pant". I squirt (squirted?) coke out my nose.

Kaptain Karl
02-08-2006, 12:12 PM
You may wanna revisit the television ratings. YOU made the claim. The burden of proof is on you, dear.

(Search Babbleot's (sp?) posts.) That member already posted some very telling data.

- KK

chess9
02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Less is more.

Why wear any clothing if it hinders your movement or makes you feel uncomfortable?

On this issue, I am a libertarian. Why should we dictate how people dress? Sheezh...we have so little control over our lives as it is what with Big Brother telling us what to do and where to go and how far and how fast and which way....I won't even get into evesdropping, the mess at every airport when you want to fly, opened postal packages, etc. Since the '50's we've lost more liberties than the Russkies got post Cold War. Orwell must be taking some sadistic pleasure in this turn of events.

"God gave Noah the rainbow sign, no more water the fire next time."

-Robert
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Dedans Penthouse
02-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Thanx :)....Women have complete responsibility over how they should dress and I'm more interested in how they should undress.
Dennis! Dennis! Dennis! Whatta mean how "they should undress?"

Do you not always hold a door open for a woman?

Do you not always stand when a woman enters the room?

Do you not always pick up the check?

Then, why would you not not take it upon yourself to undress them?....and slowly at that?

denver82
02-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Here's an interesting comparison...

http://www.euromove.org.uk/scotland/daniela21.jpg/image_view_fullscreen

denver82
02-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Here's an interesting comparison...

http://www.euromove.org.uk/scotland/daniela21.jpg/image_view_fullscreen

Bloody picture didn't work!!!

chess9
02-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Yes, and it's a NAKED RED X!!! Run for your lives!!!!!!!!!

-Robert
________
BMW N73 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_N73)

DashaandSafin
02-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Well its uncomfortable to wear a sticky (even if its dri fit) t shirt on court and i think a dress gets in a way. So less is more in tennis. It gives them more mobility and its sexy;)

croatian sensation
02-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Didn't see Daniela's pic but I saw Benesova's outfit at the AO. At first I thought "Doesn't she have a sponsor?" Her tiny black top and that belt she thought was skirt looked like something you bought on a clearance sale and put over your swim suit when going to the beach. I don't care if that's her way to get attention, but I didn't like those clothes cause they didn't look like "sports clothes".

And, I've been wondering...are those WTA players at the AO crazy? They were playing in the afternoon under the biggest ozone hole in the world and were almost naked!?

Andres
02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
At least, they'll have a great tan :P

(Unlike me) :D

Steve Huff
02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
She can't pull her pants up any higher. That would void her contract with Gillette.

dennis10is
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Dennis! Dennis! Dennis! Whatta mean how "they should undress?"

Do you not always hold a door open for a woman?

Do you not always stand when a woman enters the room?

Do you not always pick up the check?

Then, why would you not not take it upon yourself to undress them?....and slowly at that?

When a woman undresses in front of me, I'm on my knees, weeping and thanking the Lord so I'm in no condition to undress them. Usually, when they see this display of desperation they dress themselves right back up and leave. Then I would crawl on my knees to the computer and admire Daniela's act of charities over and over again.

156MPHserve
02-08-2006, 10:12 PM
it was DAMN hot, Daniela looks great in those clothes, keeping cool results in better tennis which is what everyone ultimately wants... just leave it... i don't believe anybody gets hurt seeing her except for jealous females

Midlife crisis
02-08-2006, 10:23 PM
When a woman undresses in front of me, I'm on my knees, weeping and thanking the Lord so I'm in no condition to undress them. Usually, when they see this display of desperation they dress themselves right back up and leave. Then I would crawl on my knees to the computer and admire Daniela's act of charities over and over again.

That is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long while!!!

dennis10is
02-08-2006, 10:58 PM
That is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long while!!!

Thanx Midlife :D

Deuce
02-08-2006, 11:31 PM

There are many downright ignorant and superficial posts in this thread - but none more so than that quoted above.

Good thing KK revealed its absolute hollowness before I did.

edvc_van
02-09-2006, 03:24 AM
I think Daniela Hantuchova's outfit is just fine. I think it looks good and not vulgar or innapropiate as other might think. My girlfriend wears very small shorts when playing tennis as well and I don't mind. I think they look good and the very last thing that crosses my mind when I see shorts like these is vulgarity. I see many girls of all levels wearing shorts like these or tight outfits and to me it is normal.

If you are 30 or older, are married or have children and you don't like those shorts, well that is because of your age and not because they are innapropiate. As we all know older people always think they are right and think their ideas or views are correct.

We could say that this is part of evolution. views change with time and so does the clothing. In the future this kind of clothing will be laughable just like the clothing of past looks silly to the new generation.

Morpheus
02-09-2006, 05:07 AM
As we all know older people always think they are right and think their ideas or views are correct.

So jaded, and at such a young age, too. :)

chess9
02-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Oh, and are you males who are complaining about women's dressing habits the same ones who wear those baggy shorts down to the knees and lower, making you look like you just robbed a piggy bank? :) Please, let's not have any more of the obscene pot calling the obscene kettle too hot.-Robert
________
Injury cover dicussion (http://www.insurance-forums.org/injury-cover/)

Dedans Penthouse
02-09-2006, 07:43 AM
...nor the chaste Dutch Oven calling the chaste Double Boiler too cold..."

:-)

Kaptain Karl
02-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Oh, and are you males who are complaining about women's dressing habits the same ones who wear those baggy shorts down to the knees and lower, making you look like you just robbed a piggy bank?No. That's not me.

(I tell my son "shorts" is a misnomer for those things. They should be called "longs". And talk about a really strange "tennis tan"...!)

- KK

Keifers
02-09-2006, 08:44 AM
If you are 30 or older, are married or have children and you don't like those shorts, well that is because of your age and not because they are innapropiate. As we all know older people always think they are right and think their ideas or views are correct.
Huh?... Where did this come from?

Sounds to me like this is the young man, edvc_van, thinking he's right and his views are correct.

Care to take another crack at this?

ohplease
02-09-2006, 09:05 AM
First, this whole serious athlete angle is seriously flawed. Ever looked at the get ups female sprinters where? Are they any less serious as athletes? Female surfers?

Second, the strawman argument was FUNNY, but if you don't like it - how about this one - those objectionable outfits are actually MORE functional than traditional attire like skirts or dresses, not less. That's taking your athletics seriously.

Third, you tennis elders can't have it both ways. Either you want the generations after you to take an interest and keep the sport alive - or you don't. That interest REQUIRES that they take the sport and change it into a form that suits them more than it suits you. If that form happens to be one you like (clothes/playing style/rackets/whatever), lucky you. Otherwise - tough cookies. Get over it.

You tennis taliban are like the académie française, trying to control something that can't be controlled. I can see how dedication to such a hopeless cause would render you all into such effective buzz kills.

Keifers
02-09-2006, 09:18 AM
First, this whole serious athlete angle is seriously flawed. Ever looked at the get ups female sprinters where? Are they any less serious as athletes? Female surfers?

Second, the strawman argument was FUNNY, but if you don't like it - how about this one - those objectionable outfits are actually MORE functional than traditional attire like skirts or dresses, not less. That's taking your athletics seriously.

Third, you tennis elders can't have it both ways. Either you want the generations after you to take an interest and keep the sport alive - or you don't. That interest REQUIRES that they take the sport and change it into a form that suits them more than it suits you. If that form happens to be one you like (clothes/playing style/rackets/whatever), lucky you. Otherwise - tough cookies. Get over it.

You tennis taliban are like the académie française, trying to control something that can't be controlled. I can see how dedication to such a hopeless cause would render you all into such effective buzz kills.
Very well expressed, ohplease. Bravo. Or should I say, "Formidable"? (I particularly enjoyed the reference to the academie francaise.)

Steve Huff
02-09-2006, 09:50 AM
"...freeing her spirit and body....." I think that's pretty much a load of _ _ _ _. I think she's learned from the example Anna taught that you don't have to be the best tennis player to make millions. All you have to do is wear smaller, tighter, more revealing outfits. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. She's making money. If she wore traditional, conservative clothing, she'd be just another tall, athletic tennis player with potential.

Shabazza
02-09-2006, 09:52 AM
are those clothes really so shocking???? Some here talk as if it's a sin to wear those, but maybe I'm still to young...all I can say is: I don't care what they wear as long as it's comfortable for them and I haven't heard otherwise yet!

progman_2000
02-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I find it interesting that since this thread started that pic has hardly moved from the TW homepage (love the pic BTW, go Daniela)

Kaptain Karl
02-09-2006, 10:35 AM
ohplease - I wish you many daughters when you grow and marry.

I find it interesting that since this thread started that pic has hardly moved from the TW homepage (love the pic BTW, go Daniela)You haven't cleared your Cache. Do that ... go to TW Home again ... the pic will be different.

- KK

ohplease
02-09-2006, 11:09 AM
ohplease - I wish you many daughters when you grow and marry.

You haven't cleared your Cache. Do that ... go to TW Home again ... the pic will be different.

- KK

Should I have children, I'll assume they'll have full access to mess with their DNA. In which case I'll ask them to hide the tail, fangs, and gills when they visit grandma or on job interviews with people my age - but I wouldn't expect them to comply.

A pair of low riding hip huggers don't seem so bad now, does it KK?

raftermania
02-09-2006, 11:20 AM

LMAO

norcal
02-09-2006, 11:38 AM
I asked my cat what he thought about Daniela's shorts:

http://intermaweb.org/img/tennis.jpg

tkramer15
02-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Girls like Sharapova, Hantuchova, Kirilenko, Golovin are really hot and can pull off wearing the short shorts and skirts and things of that nature. However, the Williams sisters, especially Serena, look disgusting.

Jonnyf
02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
LMAO

Why thank you REMOVED

Ronaldo
02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Jonnyf, pity the coach who tries to streamline the Bagman, eh?

donnyz89
02-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I think Daniella is gorgeous... I see nothing wrong with those shorts. In fact, I think more ladies should wear those shorts.

sureshs
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
What about beach volleyball?

alfa164164
02-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree with vllockhart - oh wait, I thought he said pull DOWN.......

edvc_van
02-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Huh?... Where did this come from?

Sounds to me like this is the young man, edvc_van, thinking he's right and his views are correct.

Care to take another crack at this?

I am 25 so I am no longer a "young" man and do not think I am right all the time, but young and older people do have different views on fashion and other things.
Older people do tend to think that what young people do, wear, think, etc... is just not right. It is common knowledge, although we can not generalize because not all older people think alike. The outfits nowadays are normal for young people, whereas older people would simply say that in their days nobody wore outfits like that, etc...
It is simply an age thing.

mislav
02-09-2006, 02:48 PM
...I think more ladies should wear those shorts.
I concur. :cool:

MonkeyPox
02-09-2006, 03:56 PM
It's just a matter of personal taste. I think Daniella looks a little *****y and Benesova looked extremely *****y, but that's just my taste. I prefer Graf in a tigh short skirt like she used to wear with her butt and legs, but not a skirt so short that she's looks trashy, but if Daniela wants to wear, then wear it. She still looks pretty good in anything she wears. Golovin on the other hand looks like a joke, like she lost a bet and has to go out and dress to look as ugly as possible. The one time she wore a tennis dress she looked really pretty, but with that ridiculous non-skirt she just shows everyone she has no butt and I'd prefer to ignorantly think that she did.

vllockhart
02-10-2006, 01:57 PM
What about beach volleyball?

They also look horrid.

xanctus
02-10-2006, 02:18 PM
whoaa...women tennis now is awesome...with their fashion statement. So Danni at least is a cute/pretty player to show off...

K!ck5w3rvE
02-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Great debate guys, but it will never end.

MonkeyPox
02-10-2006, 04:40 PM
I see that I got bleeped in my post. I guess you can't say s-k-a-n-k-y on here. Oh well.

Ronaldo
02-10-2006, 04:42 PM
They also look horrid.
You cannot be serious???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonnyf
02-10-2006, 04:50 PM
i mean "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS,ARE WE LOOKING AT THE SAME PERSON j/k

go_nadal
02-10-2006, 05:25 PM

Lol! classic.

Ronaldo
02-10-2006, 05:26 PM
They also look horrid.
Huh???????? http://www.sfist.com/archives/images/sp_usa_vball03-thumb.jpg

chess9
02-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Ronaldo: Really, man, why bother to dignify that with a response? :) If female volleyball players aren't hot, who is? Good grief, like this stuff should even be an issue. Sex sells and it isn't news and this "sex" is hardly tawdry or ugly, nor does it demean women. What next? "I object to the sun rising in the East, because it is soooooo HOT."

I think the OP is trying to inflate his post count.

Sheezh, I'm 63, but a couple of you guys act 10063. :) (Not you Ronaldo.)

-Robert
________
Zoloft settlement update (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/zoloft/)

Kaptain Karl
02-10-2006, 05:48 PM
I know many people *think* the Pro Volleyball women are sexy; not me. Too skinny, for the most part.

- KK

Ronaldo
02-10-2006, 05:49 PM
chess, just cannot take this seriously. However, do not know a single guy with a daughter/daughters that would really accept/approve of this apparel. However, once these kids are grown, all bets are off.

Freedom
02-10-2006, 10:17 PM
It's not a bad welcoming image...

Lee
02-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Girls like Sharapova, Hantuchova, Kirilenko, Golovin are really hot and can pull off wearing the short shorts and skirts and things of that nature. However, the Williams sisters, especially Serena, look disgusting.

I agree, but you forgot Samantha Stosur! She certainly has the bod to pull it off too!!

35ft6
02-11-2006, 04:35 AM
are those clothes really so shocking???? Some here talk as if it's a sin to wear those, but maybe I'm still to young...all I can say is: I don't care what they wear as long as it's comfortable for them and I haven't heard otherwise yet! It really isn't shocking. What Chris Evert (http://www.opentespi.it/immagini/desktop/03-Grandi%20campionesse/Evert%20Chris%2002.JPG) wore in the 70's was wayyyyy more blatantly sexual IMO.

This girl once told me that her dad wouldn't allow her to wear a swimsuit, not even a one piece, to the swimming pool and beach. She was forced to wear a long t-shirt over it all. She told me this in the context of how controlling her father was. I thought it was pretty creepy. At some point a person can get so fixated on other people being sexually aroused by their 9 year old daughter (she was forced to do this until around 15 or so) that you have to wonder in the same way you wonder about a guy who's constantly talking about how bad homosexuals are and how much he loves women. :(

Kaptain Karl
02-11-2006, 06:58 AM
It really isn't shocking. What Chris Evert (http://www.opentespi.it/immagini/desktop/03-Grandi%20campionesse/Evert%20Chris%2002.JPG) wore in the 70's was wayyyyy more blatantly sexual IMO.You're kidding, right? (Chrissie was never one of my favorites.) Evert was very "Media savvy." She knew how to protect and promote her image of wholesomeness. I remember nothing of her being called "blatantly sexual." (This, despite the fact that she actually was quite ... bawdy ... when her guard was down.)

- KK

vllockhart
02-11-2006, 07:22 AM
Huh???????? http://www.sfist.com/archives/images/sp_usa_vball03-thumb.jpg

This soft core porn pic not withstanding, they look horrid because they wear the worst bathing suits ever. You would think women that long and lean and toned could not look bad in a suit, but low and behold, they do.

Their suits try to be as tiny as possible, riding way below the naval and as high under the breasts as they can be. This leaves an unnaturally long looking expanse of skin showing. Less is not always more. Sometimes more is more. If they wore some nicely cut suits that accentuated a woman's natural curves, they'd look as hot as you guys think they do.

WChiang
02-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Ronaldo: Really, man, why bother to dignify that with a response? :) If female volleyball players aren't hot, who is? Good grief, like this stuff should even be an issue. Sex sells and it isn't news and this "sex" is hardly tawdry or ugly, nor does it demean women. What next? "I object to the sun rising in the East, because it is soooooo HOT."

I think the OP is trying to inflate his post count.

Sheezh, I'm 63, but a couple of you guys act 10063. :) (Not you Ronaldo.)

-Robert

Good points; Wholly cow. I just read some of the posts in this thread and it seems like we are living in Saudi or something ;) Deal with it! It is a girl wearing shorts playing tennis. I would hate to be with some of you at the beach??!! I just read an article that a "watered down" version of the play "Grease" was banned from a high school in Missouri because of letters from 3 members of a church in town. They also banned the "Crucible" play. This stuff is laughable, but unfortunately true.

Ronaldo
02-11-2006, 08:00 AM
I agree, but you forgot Samantha Stosur! She certainly has the bod to pull it off too!!
Stosur is waaaaaaaaaay too diesel for those wussy shorts. She's an athlete, not a wuss.

35ft6
02-12-2006, 03:41 AM
You're kidding, right? (Chrissie was never one of my favorites.) No, I'm not kidding. I'm talking about that picture in particular, and others I've seen from that era. Short shorts is nothing compared to a super short skirt that shows off your underwear. For instance, at a summer camp, wearing short shorts is no big deal for girls, but if a girl were to wear what Chris is wearing in that picture, somebody would have a long talk with her.

vllockhart
02-12-2006, 06:49 AM

This is hysterical in the extreme.

Pretty kitty.

thelazerbeam
02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
all you guys talking about "acting like a dignified athlete" is true...everyone accept to sharapova :) or kournikova :)

Ralf
03-01-2006, 01:43 AM
Hantuchova's Nike shorts are great. Generally I don't like these low waistlines, but with these nicely designed shorts, I won't complain. Some people might object aesthetically, but I don't get the awful moralizing. If you don't like to see skin and bones, alright, I understand that. But there's nothing bad or indecent going on here.

Even though I agree that it's sad and possibly a bad side effect of the media exposure of role models like Hantuchova that many girls think they have to be superslim - that's a serious issue. But there is beautifully designed apparel for "normally" built women, too.

Oh, I forgot something: did you ever look at how tight and short John McEnroe's (and other guys') tennis shorts were back in the eighties? Did you ever see a woman walk away in disgust?

nanni
03-01-2006, 03:00 AM
hi,
i think that daniela looks nice in those shorts!and the panty hem showing is quite common these days.besides,she looks good and it does not look vulgar or obscene.

rilokiley
03-01-2006, 07:51 PM
only girls will complain.
and Americans.

armand
03-01-2006, 08:01 PM
and Americans.because of the pandemic?

Tezuka Kunimitsu
03-01-2006, 08:44 PM

nice!!! Sharapova taking a glimps! wow my mind is thinking of pleasent thoughts right now :)

But I do not care, when I watch tennis I am watching there shots only, due to me being a tennis freak. Back in the day when guy wore really short shorts, I do not care just like their Ball striking abilities. :( I want to watch tennis now..

K. Wilson Moose
03-01-2006, 09:01 PM

Yes, this is definitely more representative of a dignified, respectful young woman, and serious athlete.

http://www.entwagon.com/celeb/Serena_Williams/images/serena09.jpg

Well, she was a serious athlete, at that time.

Tezuka Kunimitsu
03-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Yes, this definitely more representative of a dignified, respectful young woman, and serious athlete.

Well, at least she was a serious athlete, at that time.

Damn! Now that should not be allowed but it is a free country, well in some countries, she can do what she wants almost. I have stop looking at these tennis pics, I want to play right now! but it is 11:04 p.m. I have to study for an accy exam :(

~Joe

p.s. I take that back. I like that clothes on her.

tennisadict
03-02-2006, 01:39 AM
wow niceeeee............i meant nice extension on that serve

Kaptain Karl
03-02-2006, 08:41 AM
At least Serena was fit then. We should all be thankful she's not wearing the Cat Suit currently.

- KK

legolas
03-02-2006, 06:17 PM
is serena still fat?

oumpapa
03-03-2006, 05:52 AM
It's incredible how some men even now in 2006 thinks they are entitled to control women.
Hantuchova is a grown woman. I think she can decide for her self.
I hear no one complain about the outfits of sumowrestlers or male swimmers. When you're complaining about the way women dress it's sexism pure and simple.
Another thing is the rules in volleyball FORCING the women to wear skimpy outfits.

Kaptain Karl
03-03-2006, 06:38 AM
It's incredible how some men even now in 2006 thinks they are entitled to control women. ... When you're complaining about the way women dress it's sexism pure and simple.The OP is a woman ... in case you didn't know.

Hantuchova is a grown woman.Debatable.

Another thing is the rules in volleyball FORCING the women to wear skimpy outfits.I'm a former VB Coach. Can you be specific about these "forcing" rules?

Sumo / male swimmers: You don't comprehend the differences?

- KK

Steve Huff
03-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Why am I not able to view gettyimages?

ask1ed
03-03-2006, 04:34 PM
It's not fair that these girls wear these "*****" pants. It would be like men wearing bras for their testicles. Oh crap, now someone will actually make testicle/penis bras.

K. Wilson Moose
03-03-2006, 04:35 PM
The OP is a woman ... in case you didn't know.

I'm a former VB Coach. Can you be specific about these "forcing" rules?

Sumo / male swimmers: You don't comprehend the differences?

- KK

KK is right, men and women wear beachwear for "beach" volleyball because it is "comfortable". I have played volleyball, indoors and beach, and comfort on the beach, in the heat, is important.

katarddx
03-03-2006, 04:53 PM
and Americans.
amen!

Freedom
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM

Beep Beep Beep!

"What's that noise"?

"Oh, Serena is just backing up. No worries."

Holy crap.

EclipseRydr97
04-23-2006, 05:43 PM

Amen