PDA

View Full Version : Returning to an "old love"

Django
06-11-2004, 09:23 AM
I've been satisfied hitting w/ tightly strung Volkl Catapult 10's this past year or so. But boy, when the string tension starts to loosen up, the catapult's "trampolines" kick in and make it more than a little unpredictable. That's when I reached into my bag last week and pulled out my old C-10 Pro, rather than my spare Cat10.

Heavier weight and more flex, naturally, but I drove through the ball, hit deep and served wonderfully. Still (re)adjusting to the weight, I was a bit late on some volleys. But overall, the switch back to an "old love" felt wonderful. I gave up the C-10 last year for a lighter Volkl because I felt it lacked maneuverability and I was often swinging late on service returns, etc. But either my mechanics have improved since then, or I'm (finally) learning to shorten-up on my backswings.

Think I'll stick w/ the C-10 this summer (unless I'm tempted to demo the new V-Engine 10 MP!).

Anyone else have experience returning to a once-beloved stick that had fallen out of favor?

mileslong
06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Anyone else have experience returning to a once-beloved stick that had fallen out of favor?

yes it happened to me when my girlfriend dumped me...

seriously, i am kind of longing for my old c-10 pro and quantum 10 pro lately...

Brettolius
06-11-2004, 09:46 AM
i feel you on the cat 10. mine got loose on me and i hit the other day and was absolutely spraying balls all over the place. i had no control, and it all happened pretty quick. i can't have that unpredictability, i think i'm done with the cat 10, even though its a sweet feeling frame.