PDA

View Full Version : Unique Vibration Dampener (Pete Sampras)

Tour90
02-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Do you know where I could find them??? I've been looing everywhere for them, and I can't find them!

Jerry Seinfeld
02-29-2004, 07:58 AM
These are the ones that are come two in a pack and are black o-rings, correct? I have four unpackaged in my basement. They were sold to me along with a racquet by a friend who had rotator cuff surgery and gave up tennis. Not sure if they are the Real McCoy, but they look like they probably are. He told me they were new and never used.

I'll be happy to send you all four of mine for the amazingly low price of $2.50. If interested just send an email to me, cokebear5@yahoo.com, and we'll discuss the details privately.

LittleMAC
02-29-2004, 04:43 PM
You can also go to your local hardware/home depot store and pick up a few of these. They look and work the same

corncob3466
02-29-2004, 05:52 PM
you can get them at academy for cheap

matchpoints
02-29-2004, 06:15 PM
i bought some and hate them. Once they set in for a while, they change shape and aren't as snug anymore. They are pretty hard. They ought to be a softer rubber to dampen the sound more and remain it's flexibility. Too plasticy for my taste. Rubber band works better. Academy has them.

I'm sticking to my tried and true VIBREX dampener's. They are the ones sold at all Wally Worlds and work the best and cheapest.

Cheers

James Brown
03-01-2004, 03:56 AM
i dig em, but they dont seem to like my pro staff, makes my frame emit this weird pong sound...could be grommet :> I think its a great dampener though, makes the racquet feel more headlight too. I got it from a racquet shop 20 mins away from me :>

bcaz
03-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Sports Authority.

Tour90
03-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks Guys

Currahee
03-02-2004, 01:58 PM
i bought some and hate them. Once they set in for a while, they change shape and aren't as snug anymore. They are pretty hard. They ought to be a softer rubber to dampen the sound more and remain it's flexibility. Too plasticy for my taste. Rubber band works better. Academy has them.

I ordered two packs from another place 2 weeks ago and just got them in. They came with the normal black ones and a set of red ones. The red ones are a lot more rubbery, I havent played with them yet though.

eahlers
03-25-2004, 12:54 PM
what is the academy?

matchpoints
04-01-2004, 11:46 PM
it's a Sports Store/Outdoors/Camping/Gun store etc....