PDA

View Full Version : what should I do after 4 weeks of not playing?

raven5288
06-11-2004, 12:53 PM
wow, I played with a friend who also hasn't played since school ended, and I must say it wasn't a pretty sight. 4 weeks sitting around watching TV and eating is not the best thing to do after season. I can tell I'm clearly out of shape. Can anyone give a few ideas in some excercises that I can do? I have a few tournaments coming up this month, so I need some stuff that's quick and effective. Thanks guys.

sanitarium
06-11-2004, 02:40 PM
There's not much quick and effective to that kind of absence, the only thing quick is frustration.

Getting back after a break and especially while out of shape is frustrating, and disheartening physically and mentally.
You've basically gotta stick it out for X # of hours until you return to some sort of form. Sports dont build character, they reveal it, so it'll be a test of your work ethic.

If you want some exercises that will push you physically, run 3-4 times a week for over 5 kilometres, do weights 2-3 times a week, and eat healthy / more activity.

Organize matches every 2nd day and try to hit maybe 30mins/1 hr on off days, dont wanna throw your body out.

When you hit the later km's in your jogging, when your chest gets tighter and your legs are rubber that'll test how bad you want it.

raven5288
06-11-2004, 02:48 PM
yeah, I kinda realized that there would be no quick way to get back in shape after I made the thread. Oh well. Any more good workouts, expecially for the legs? I rely mosly on my speed, and when I played yesterday, my legs felt really tired after 45 minutes. Usually, I can play 3 hours untill I start to get tired in the legs.