PDA

View Full Version : Borg's Personal Racquet :)

johnathan smith
06-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Sorry, but i couldn''t resist....http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20871&item=3682129 021&rd=1

At a bargain price!

Capt. Willie
06-11-2004, 03:38 PM
That's one hell of a bargain...he is even tossing in a racquet personally used by Jack Kramer. I just want to know does the seller really believe this or is he intentionally trying to scam someone?

Lambro
06-11-2004, 09:14 PM
I know those racquets very well.

First off it looks like a scam, he doesn't even mention "signed letter of authenticity" and the pictures are terrible, 2nd, what a rip off, 3rd the racquet is in poor shape.

To start an auction out that high, you have top pay a very high instertion fee,

drakulie
06-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Those racquets are a paintjob. LOL

D. Nelson
06-12-2004, 09:31 AM
......hahahah!! People aren't really STILL that lame...are they ??? Obviously, what is meant by the sticker on the side of the frame...this is the same M O D E L used by Borg...not the ACTUAL racquet used by him....semantics and naivate...nice mix..... This guy MUST be related to P.T. Barnum.....

Kick Serve
06-14-2004, 06:29 AM
Now THAT'S hilarious. But, you know what they say, "There's a sucker born every day."

joe sch
06-14-2004, 11:16 AM
I often get emails from people who find the bancroft borg personal models and they think that since it also says model used by Bjorn in tournament play, that they have found one of his actual playing sticks, which would ofcouse be valuable. Its really interesting the value this seller seems to think maybe reasonable and not only that but why not try get a few more bucks out of a possible sucker by charging $125 for shipping :D

@wright
06-14-2004, 11:25 AM
That's not what "they" say, that's what PT Barnum said, actually. You did know that right?

D. Nelson
06-14-2004, 11:31 AM
.....just as an aside.....NObody ever REALLY said it.....one of those 'things' that were purported to have been said, but in reality....NEVER said !!!!!!

Kick Serve
06-14-2004, 11:36 AM
I did, but thanks for clearing that up @wright. I'm sure a lot of people were confused by my post. I guess I'll have to be more careful with my use of pronouns in the future.

@wright
06-14-2004, 12:01 PM
I figured you knew it, that would be one helluva coincidence. That said, thanks for posting this auction, johnathan, I was gonna bid, but now I'll probably never win it since you spilt the beans, thanks for ruining my chances!

Kick Serve
06-14-2004, 12:40 PM
Hey, @wright. You do know the difference between a comma and period, right? I think it was P.T. Barnum that said, "There's a run-on sentence written every day." Or maybe I'm wrong. Could you check for me? Thanks. In the meantime, I'll be posting about tennis.

I'm done with this thread.

D. Nelson
06-14-2004, 01:26 PM
.......Hahahahaaa!!!!!

@wright
06-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Kick serve, we are quite a grammar team. I help you with your pronouns, and you help me with my comma/period placement. I'm a good speller and I've always had a penchant for gerrunds. Past and present participles give me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside. BTW. The "Hey, @wright." part was not a complete sentence, you might want to watch that. You wouldn't want anyone to think that you're any less of a grammar wiz than you are.