PDA

View Full Version : tommy robredo

flashestennis08
02-09-2006, 10:02 AM
just wndering...i dont have cable so i havent been able to watch any tennis what-so-ever on tv....how is tommy robredo doing? he my favorite pro but i haven't heard much of him lately? is entering current tournaments and winning??

Fee
02-09-2006, 10:07 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playersearch=robredo

Next up:
Davis Cup
San Jose
Memphis
Las Vegas
Indian Wells
Miami

PM_
02-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I'm a big fan of T-Rob too (just made that up btw:| )
Wait until the FO, he'll surprise a lot of folks.

arosen
02-09-2006, 01:41 PM
I watched Robredo play against Kuerten, I was seriously impressed with Tommy's forehand and backhand (1h) and his ability to move with ease and lightning speed. Awesome game.

yvp
02-09-2006, 09:42 PM
come on, there are a dozen claycourters just like Robredo.He's nothing special, just a case study in the monotony of spanish/latin claycourters.
See Jose Acasuso.

gugafanatic
02-10-2006, 08:01 AM
come on, there are a dozen claycourters just like Robredo.He's nothing special, just a case study in the monotony of spanish/latin claycourters.
See Jose Acasuso.

He handled Blake pretty easily at the Aus Open. Also an impressive win over Safin at last years FO. He is a solid player, capable of posting results on all surfaces.

Mattle
02-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Robredo is a very consistent player getting good results, not losing easily or without a fight.In Slams, He's a real quaterfinalist, and when he's on the top, he should make it to the semis where he mostly lose. The special thing about this guy, he ALWAYS wins these 3-4-5 matches in every tourney. Despite of his very used clay style, he managed to win some atp titles too.

Mattle
02-11-2006, 10:16 AM
See Jose Acasuso.

I think all the players on the ATP tour are special.. Think how hard it is to be there... and then be as good as Robredo, you just have to be special.